iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Grease 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grease 2
Supergirl
Rewind Curious
Member # 1537

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Supergirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

I was wondering what you all think of Grease 2? It's one of my favourite 80s movies. I like it better than the original Grease (which I do enjoy a lot, but think is highly over-rated). For me having a strong woman in the movie like Stephanie is great. I always hated Sandy in Grease. She was so spineless and weaky and needy. Changing your whole image just so your "dream guy" will like you? Please! At least with Grease 2 it showed the MAN going out of his way to get his love. So often it's the love-struck female, it was great to see the roles reversed for a change. [Smile]

And I just love the whole 80s feel the movie has, even though it's set in the 60s it really doesn't feel like it. The songs, especially "Cool Rider" sound 80s, some of the clothes look 80s...

Michelle Pfeiffer is the best part of the movie though. I've always been a fan of hers and am probably one of the few people who thought her performance was good. She sang all of Stephanie's vocals too...I love her voice, very fitting and rather impressive.

What are your thoughts on this movie?

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seven Minutes In Heaven
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1535

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Seven Minutes In Heaven   Email Seven Minutes In Heaven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one of my favorites as well.
I've seen it countless times.
The cool rider scene remains one of my favorites.

Michelle & maxwell were a good pairing, even if some of the other casting choices werent as inspired (um, adrien zmed and lorna luft?)

Maureen teefy's scene in the bomb shelter was great.

I own the soundtrack, and the new dvd.
I'm sure i'll wear it out like I did with the vhs.

Posts: 11 | From: new york city | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supergirl
Rewind Curious
Member # 1537

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Supergirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan on buying the DVD. Does it have any speical features of any kind? Or is it one of those boring ones with just the movie and nothing else?

I'm buying it either way, my VHS copy I've owned since the late 80s is almost worn out now, but I'm curious to know. :-)

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seven Minutes In Heaven
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1535

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Seven Minutes In Heaven   Email Seven Minutes In Heaven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
supergirl-

it doesn't have any features... but it is widescreen. so it is finally shown the way it was meant to be seen.

i will treasure it.

Posts: 11 | From: new york city | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was a great movie [Smile] but it can no way compare to the first IMO [Cool]

"Cool Rider" was such a cool song though, I used to sing it when I was little all the time, I wanted a motorcycle because of that, but I never got one. [Frown]

Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like a plate of spaghetti in a restaurant where the chef is a little heavy handed: far too much cheese for me, I'm afraid.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monica
Rewind Curious
Member # 1576

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for monica   Email monica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They singing was horrible in this movie ......but i still liked it better than the first it was the sh@t
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The songs in the first were better in my opinion, along with the acting and story line. The second Grease just seemed to flip flop its characters, you have Stephanie in Danny's role and Michael in sandy's role.

It's an entertaining movie but the characters lack the chemistry of the first cast.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwztedChk84
Rewind Curious
Member # 1585

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TwztedChk84   Email TwztedChk84       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a fan of Michelle Pfieffer's, and I really liked her in the movie Grease 2. But in my opinion it'll never compare to the first.
Posts: 7 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(jazz hands) Coooool Rider, Cooool rider (jazz hands)
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home