iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Liquid Sky (1982)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liquid Sky (1982)
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading up about it and looking at what eBay prices were for the film "Liquid Sky" (1982) were on DVD (one went for $45 and another still running is at $46) I ordered a copy of the DVD online for less than $20.

Am I mad, have I just wasted $20? [Smile]

Part of me hopes I won't like the soundtrack because I won't have to pay a stupidly high eBay price for it (highest were $34 LP, £54 CD), and part of me hopes I will like it because it means more great 80s music I've discovered.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liquid sky is an interesting film. It's really really low budget, which might put some people off, but it's definitely worth watching. There aren't many films like it (in any decade).
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, I enjoy unusual films regardless of the budget used to make them.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

Holey moley! check out the 2nd hand prices of "Liquid Sky" DVD on Amazon! the only worse priced out of print DVD I know of that's like that on Amazon is "Gleaming the Cube".
The Wizard
Member # 533

Bugger, I got an email from the DVD site I ordered it from saying their supplier said it's out of print and I can have a refund or pick something else (I picked Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, lets hope that isn't OOP too...)
I've tried ordering from another site that says they have it but I kinda get the feeling they won't deliver as they're just another clueless dumbass reseller that don't actually physically have any stock.

Looking like I won't get to see this film unless I'm either incredibly lucky or I pay an arm and a leg for a copy [Frown]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home