iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I miss it

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I miss it
4Fay77
Rewind Curious
Member # 1464

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 4Fay77   Email 4Fay77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up in the 80's. There was nothing more colorful, fun and easy going. The music sounded better, the movies were good, the styles were unique and to one's own, not everyone had bell shaped hair and wore bell bottoms, not that I have anything against them. The colors were brighter, people wore pinks, peaches..bright colors. I miss the damned Gremlins, cars and movies..lol.. If I could go back in a time machine Id aim at 83 and live the 80's to their fullest... thanks for letting me say my piece.. [Smile] [Cool]
Posts: 1 | From: Va | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I know what you mean, I feel pretty much the same.
It seems to me that there was no better decade for children to grew up in than during the 80's.
The only sad thing is that back then I just realised half how happy I was.
But fortunately there are such sites like this one, who can somehow bring back the good old times. ;-)

Take care

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EnglishRose
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 175

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EnglishRose   Email EnglishRose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I love the 80's, I think everyone feels the same about the decade they were young in. I know my parents think that the 60s were the decade to grow up in.

I think it has to do with the carefree nature that children / young people have. Every decade has its own pop idols which no other generation 'gets', every kid thinks their clothes are the coolest and everyone else looked stupid when they where young.

I just hope that, as kids are certainly growng up faster, they are not missing out on being carefree and taking life too seriously from an early age.

Long live childhood (OK and long live the 80s!)

Posts: 23 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home