iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Paperhouse actress

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paperhouse actress
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone in the UK seen those Muller Light adverts? the one on the plane and the currently running one in the hotel.

The actress in the adverts looks so much like a grown-up version of the girl who played Anna in "Paperhouse", Charlotte Burke.

Been trying to tape the Muller Light advert but it's almost impossible as they don't have and pattern as to when they show them, as out of curiosity I'd really like to put stills from the advert and film next to each other to see how close they match.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Wizard,

I have a couple of screencaps from the plane one. I'll mail them to you separately. Let us know if you were right.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for emailing me the pictures, I tried my best to find a couple of stills from my Paperhouse DVD that match the pictures but I still can't be sure if it is her in the Mullerlight adverts. I'd say I'm 90% sure but the jury's still out on that one, emailed the Muller people over a week ago but still no reply.

Oh well, good film though [Smile] halfway through writing a review for this site but it's not one of those films that can written about in a couple of paragraphs, needs some depth to the writing.

(shame the UK DVD has some slight temporal blurring on it, obviously put there to remove some of the picture noise/grain, one day I'll buy the Aussie DVD and see if that's better)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

This morning I finally managed to tape the advert & just now captured it in and compared a couple of stills from it with a couple of stills from Paperhouse:

-
 -

Paperhouse on the left, advert on the right. In the film the character is supposed to be 11, made some 15 years ago it means Charlotte Burke will now be about 26+.

I'm convinced it's her, anyone else say yay or nay?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home