iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » European horror flick: Demons (1985)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: European horror flick: Demons (1985)
jose_spanish_dreamer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1377

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jose_spanish_dreamer   Email jose_spanish_dreamer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an Italian film, directed by Lamberto Bava and co-written by Dario Argento and Bava. In Spain was described like that: "The destruction of the cinema from the own cinema", cause of the exhausting plot within a cinema, in which the zombie horror film becomes real.
Definitively I like this movie. It's a cult flick in Italy and in other countries. It's highly recommended for the lovers of horror adventures, and keep the soul of 80's culture.
It has memorable scenes like when the protagonist is killing zombies while he is riding his motor-bike in a movie theatre full of living-dead.
I reconogize that the plot is too weak, but the global concept is no bad.
The girl, Natasha Hovey, is one of the most lovely faces I've seen, and you can not resist to her.
The soundtrack: people like "Scorpions", "Motley Crue" and "John Farnham".
I hope this film will be soon in this marvellous site.

[ 24. April 2003, 07:54: Message edited by: jose_spanish_dreamer ]

Posts: 11 | From: Spain | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second that, classic movie. It's a shame that all the cult Bava/Fulci/Deodato etc films are so expensive and rather hard to find.
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liquid dreams
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1233

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for liquid dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demons was one intense horror flick!
That mask which started it all off was pretty freaky too!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still don't have this, maybe it looks too ghoulish. Is it a total gorefest? Because I'm not really feeling that style right now.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This really is a classic!
It has gore and cool demons
and that important 80s feeling is present all the time.
Awesome hard rock/synth soundtrack!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demons is crazy fun, the 2nd one is really boring tho.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good movie. i need to see more bava/argento movies.

i liked demons 2 also.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Demons. That was one of the first Italian horror films I ever saw. I also like the sequel even though it is admittedly a lot weaker.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Te-em
Rewinder
Member # 5958

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Te-em   Email Te-em   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Dario Argento's movies. I have this one on VHS. I also have both Demons 1 and 2 recorded on a video tape. I think I have it on DVD also, but I prefer VHS. These are good movies, but most of Dario Argento's movies are rare, like Phenomena. Got that one on DVD, but it's the VHS version I want the most (I'm not sure but it seems there's a scene missing on the DVD). They're expensive, too, these movies, I think.
Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home