iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Gleaming the Cube & Tony Hawk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gleaming the Cube & Tony Hawk
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picked up the VHS a couple of weeks back for 50p as it had Christian Slater in it and have watched it a few times now (it oozes 80s cheese), but doing some looking up it turns out Tony Hawk is in it, but I still can't work out which character he's playing, IMDB says "Buddy" and Tony Hawk's picture is of him in the past couple of years so I can't match his face up.
I've ruled out two, Christian Slater (obviously [Smile] ) and the kid that lives in that section of sewer pipe, which one is Tony Hawk?

(The Wizard, who might be getting four copies of the R1 DVD soon, they've been fetching upwards of $150 on eBay...)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raygunxyz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1045

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raygunxyz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey
Thats a classic movie, I had the chance to get the DVD for like 10 bucks about 2 years ago but I didn't cause I had it on video, what was I thinking. Anyways TONY HAWK is the PIZZA HUT guy. He is also David Spade's stunt double on Police Academy 4.
Eric

Posts: 84 | From: Bakersfield, Ca, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony Hawk is one of the skaters in the pool in the beginning of the film, and he's also in the end when Christian Slater gets all the skaters together to help him.

He looks real young in the film, he has blonde hair and that great old 80s lopsided skater haircut. He looks a lot different now.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home