iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Famous Faces in New Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Famous Faces in New Movies
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Maid In Manhattan on a flight from London to New York this weekend, and saw Maddie Corman in the movie. She plays a hosiery saleswoman in a store, but I recognised her as Eric Stolz's sister Laura from Some Kind Of Wonderful.

Got me thinking - which other 80's movie favorites can you see appearing in "blink and you miss them" roles these days?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so much a blink-and-miss but Patrick Swayze was good in "Donnie Darko" (shot on a budget of only $4million or so), finally got the R1 DVD and now I find out the UK release is set to have even more extras... oh well I really enjoyed the film.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
She-Ra
Rewind Curious
Member # 1359

- posted      Profile for She-Ra   Email She-Ra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loooooove donnie darko!!!!
lorraine's mum in back to the future is in scream shes sydneys best mates mum...i think...

Posts: 6 | From: england | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akita
Master Rewinder
Member # 1257

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Akita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Billy Idol in The Wedding Singer? Does that count?
Posts: 109 | From: Thuringowa,Queensland,Australia | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul Shrimpton asked:
quote:
Which other 80's movie favorites can you see appearing in "blink and you miss them" roles these days?

I presume that you are not referring to cameo roles, such as Tom Cruise's brief appearance in the third of the Austin Powers movies?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about your question, but mostly it is bittersweet.

On the plus side: It is nice to see a familiar face from the 80's scene to be working today, even for a small part. It shows that they are still wanted.

On the negative side: It is a little sad to see that their stardom and popularity has faded since the 80's. They are now taking bit roles, as opposed to the 80's, when they were in bigger roles or leading parts. Or now doing stage work.

One example that comes to mind is Molly Ringwald. A leading performer in the 80's, and she even did a TIME magazine cover appearance. But her stardom quickly faded since the late 80's. She now concentrates on stage acting, and I believe she now lives in France.

Other examples of "should've had a bigger career than they turned out to be" are:

* Michael O'Keefe (the son from "The Great Santini" and was also in "Caddyshack")
* Dennis Christopher ("Breaking Away", "Fade To Black", and "Chariots Of Fire")
* Trini Alvarado ("Times Square", "Sweet Lorraine", and a few others)

Of course, there are plenty more examples, but they immediately come to mind right now for me.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msbradshaw
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 982

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for msbradshaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, she wasn't in a movie, but I did see Haviland Morris (Jake's girlfriend) from Sixteen Candles on an episode of Sex and the City, Season One. She had red hair.
Posts: 22 | From: Charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home