iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Wet Hot American Summer!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wet Hot American Summer!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys,

First let me say I love this board and website. It brings it all back [Smile] Secondly, if you get the chance, rent the movie Wet Hot American Summer. I bought it and I love it! It's supposed to take place in 1981 and is a parody of late 70's/early 80's camp movies. Between the cast, clothes and everything else, it's just awesome. Trust me, this is right up your alley!!!

Goonight

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah, i've been touting this one a few times on these boards.

a great movie. it "totally" captures the spirit of the 80's camp movie.

and then there's the deleted scenes...hehe

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not remember this film but I read several posts about it on here and I have been keeping an eye out for it and after eating lunch with son mom dad & sis the boy and I ventured over to Vintage Stock and there it was, a nice vhs copy. Thanks for the heads-up. I look forward to watching it.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread totally reminds me of.....

HOT TUB TIME MACHINE which is a hilarious movie if you haven't seen it!

-

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I laughed a couple of times during Wet Hot American Summer. The rest of the time, I sat there dumbfounded by the good cast floundering around with really terrible material. The timing of many of the jokes was so bad that I got the idea that Wain and company just didn't care. And then I saw their follow-up, The Ten, which is almost unwatchable. More of the same--waste of an even better cast and even worse material. I realize that apparently more than a few think that this stuff is hysterical, but I don't get their humor at all. It also has a kind of condescending feel too that I hate as though if you don't like the humor, then you are stupid. I am not. These guys need to watch and study Monty Python.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home