iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Need help finding out movie names

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help finding out movie names
Bobbo1026
Rewind Curious
Member # 1292

- posted      Profile for Bobbo1026   Email Bobbo1026   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I have two movies that I'm trying to find out the names for. The first one is a movie I saw a few times as a kid and really liked and the second just came to be out of the blue today (well, a scene from it did) and I really want to see if anyone else remembers them.

The first movie was a sci-fi/fantasy movie about a group of kids who went around on roller skates in some desert like land. I remember they had some glowing pink orb that they had to keep safe. I know there was an older girl and guy and a young boy in the group of kids. I also remember a scene where some guy was strapped to a table and ants or something were crawling all over him, but it was only an illusion that the head bad guy used to get him to talk. I can't remember much more about this movie, but I hope this helps a little.

The second movie is one that I really don't know a lot about, but a particular scene from it has stayed with me and I wanted to figure out what movie it may be. What I remember seeing is a girl in bed (dreaming I think) and two indian or some sort of ancient medicince/priest men wearing animal skins or something in her room. One of them is holding some sort of sharp antler or knife and draws a line in blood on her stomach. I think she wakes up and it was all a dream, but I don't know.

If anyone knows anything about either of these movies I would love any feedback! Thanks a lot!

Posts: 3 | From: NC | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hezibaby
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 222

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hezibaby   Email Hezibaby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one you are talking about is either called Solar Babies or Ice Babies. I'm pretty sure its Solar Babies. The second one I know but I can't remember the title. Sorry!! Hope this helps.
Posts: 29 | From: Bradenton, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeaditebyDawn
Senior Rewinder
Member # 140

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for DeaditebyDawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second actually sounds like "Rosemary's Baby" a little bit.. but that was definitely not an 80's movie.. and the first is definitely "Solar Babies"
Posts: 63 | From: Baltimore, MD (school)/ Huntington, WV (home) | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbo1026
Rewind Curious
Member # 1292

- posted      Profile for Bobbo1026   Email Bobbo1026   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the feedback guys. Solarbabies is definitely the first movie I was talking about, so I'm glad some people know it. As for the second movie, I know it's not Rosemary's Baby. I wish I knew more about it, but I can't think of anything else right now. Hopefully someone else will though.
Posts: 3 | From: NC | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home