iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Witches Of Eastwick (1987)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Witches Of Eastwick (1987)
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK
 -

Wiki:
The Witches of Eastwick is a 1987 American dark fantasy-comedy film based on John Updike's novel The Witches of Eastwick (1984). Directed by George Miller, the film stars Jack Nicholson as Daryl Van Horne, alongside Cher, Michelle Pfeiffer and Susan Sarandon as the eponymous witches.

My Thoughts:
This is another old flick that I haven't watched in years and just recently got the chance to re-watched again. Though I think I may have liked it a little more when I used to watch it frequently as a youngster, I still enjoyed watching it again nonetheless. And I felt it's worthy of it's own thread here on the Rewind.

Right off the bat my feelings about the three main actresses; (Cher, Susan Surandon, and Michelle Pfieffer) hasn't changed. I thought they were smokin' hot back then, and I still felt that way watching it now. Of course I enjoyed their performances just fine...but...Dayum!! 0.0

-

The main difference that I had watching this movie again now as a (slightly) more mature adult is I think I enjoyed Jack Nicholson's performance a lot more now than I did back then. I felt his performance in this was nothing short of brilliant and downright hilarious. And yes, he easily outshines all three of his co-stars IMO. He's just so devilishly delightful in this movie even though he is supposed to be the "bad guy". I suppose it's very similar to how a lot of people felt toward him as The Joker in the 1989 Batman movie.

-

Overall, I think this movie is still a delight to watch. Although it might not have aged all that well to some, I think it's still a good twisted dark comedy/horror movie. I can certainly recommend checking it out if you've never seen it based off of Jack Nicholson's funny & twisted performance alone.

My Rating: 7 Voodoo Cherries out of 10

TRAILER

[ 14. April 2019, 13:11: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1793 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to rewatch this one!
Posts: 7488 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home