iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2022) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2022)
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be starting October off with a 2 day horror film festival, but after that will probably mainly be films I've seen a bunch of times as I'm getting married (About time after 10 years [Big Grin] ) on Halloween so I won't be able to concentrate haha

Looking forward to seeing what you all watch [Smile]

Let's go  -

October:

The Microscope (2022) (Short) - 6
Curse Of Baxton House (202?) (Short) - 8
Hairsucker (2022) (Short) - 6
A Whole Host (2022) (Short) - 4
Bug Bites (2021) (Short) - 7
Caregiver(2022) (Short) - 6
Incubus (2022) (Short) - 4
The Trunk (2022) (Laidlaw) (Short) - 5
The Creeping (2022) - 6
Every Time We Meet For Ice Cream Your Whole ***ing Face Explodes (2021) (Short) - 7
Guts (2021) (McInroy) (Short) - 4
All You Can Eat (2022) (Short) - 4
Eating Miss Campbell (2022) - 5
Familiar (2021) (Ellison) (Short) - 4
Terrifier II (2022) - 8
Wuurm (2022) (Short) - 4
Dodging The Dead (202?) (Short) - 6
Pumpkin Boy (202?) (Short) - 6
Powertool Cheerleaders Vs The Boyband Of The Screeching Dead (2022) - 5
Sucker (2022) (Austin) (Short) - 5
For The Love Of The Craft (202?) (Short) - 5
Lethalogica (2021) (Short) - 5
Final Summer (2022) - 5
The Ou*waters (2022) - 6
House Of The Gorgon (2019) - 3
The Mad Magician (1954) - 7
Dark Tower (1987) - 6
Smile (2022) (Finn) - 7
Piercing (2018) - 7
Eyewitness (1970) - 4
The Final Wish (2018) - 2
Sacrifice (2020) (Collier/Mian) - 6
Beasts Clawing At Straws (2020) - 5
The Mutations (1974) - 6
The Return Of The Vampire (1943) - 7
The Seventh Sign (1988) - 5
The Ones Below (2015) - 8
The Dunwich Horror (1970) - 7
The Killer Trainer (2018) - 3
Cry Of The Banshee (1970) - 7
Final Destination III (2006) - 6
Deathdream (1974) - 8
To Die For (1995) - 7
The Man Who Could Cheat Death (1959) - 7
Sinister (2012) - 9
Mr. Sardonicus (1961) - 7
Sinister II (2015) - 7
Barking Dogs Never Bite (2000) - 7
The Tingler (1959) - 7
The Nightingale (2018) - 6
Donovan's Brain (1953) - 7
Corpse Bride (2005) - 10
House Of The Long Shadows (1983) - 8
F (2010) - 8
Sputnik (2020) - 5
The Owners (2020) - 6
Homicidal (1961) - 8
Vice Squad (1982) - 7
Halloween (2007) - 6
Halloween Ends (2022) - 5
Hocus Pocus (1993) - 7
All Hallows' Eve (2013) - 7
Halloween II (2009) - 8
All Hallows' Eve II: The Reaping (2015) - 5
Tales Of Halloween (2015) - 8
Halloween (1978) - 10
Deerskin (2019) - 7
The Turning (2020) - 2
Monster House (2006) - 8
Scooby-Doo! And The Legend Of The Vampire (2003) - 7
Spooky Bats And Scaredy Cats: A Halloween Tale (2009) - 8
Trick 'R 'Treat (2007) - 10
Halloween III: Season Of The Witch (1982) - 10

1st - 5th November:

Cursed Friends (2022) - 2
Halloween IV: The Return Of Michael Myers (1988) - 2
Barbarian (2022) - 5
Doctor Who: The Daemons (1971) - 8
Halloween V: The Revenge Of Michael Myers (1989) - 5
Hatchet (2006) - 8
Flame In The Streets (1961) - 8
V For Vendetta (2005) - 9

[ 10. November 2022, 11:56: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen - Congrats! That's pretty sweet you're getting married on Halloween! I hope it's a great day.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gordon [Smile] Nobody was surprised what day it was when we told them haha
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gongrats Helen, we also waited 10 years before got married all those years ago.

Now the question is, what will you be wearing? Myers, Jason or perhaps The Bride of Frankenstein outfit [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Lol, a normal dress but it's navy blue. White bores me [Razz] My Dad and I will be coming into The Munsters theme tho, signing the register to Dr Who as hubby to be is a big geek for it and we will be leaving to the Halloween theme [Big Grin] The balloons, banner and chair bows in the reception are going to be orange and black [Razz]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds very cool!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
[Smile]

I've just got out all my Halloween bits and pieces, looks super cosy now!

[ 29. September 2022, 11:55: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you catering in to put in your caldron to feed your guests? Congratulations
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Fright Night (2011)

The original Fright Night is one of my all time favorites so this really didn´t have a chance but it had it´s moments. 5/10

-

Goosebumps (2015)

Don´t know anything about the books but this was entertaining enough film aimed mainly for younger audience. Lots of cgi and Jack Black. 5/10

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Hocus Pocus 2 (2022)

Decided to uncharacteristically give in to the internet pressure and check out the new Hocus Pocus 2 movie. While it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It still wasn't great or worth the 30 year wait to me either. Overall just another unnecessary fanfare sequel that really wasn't needed. But it IS a Disney kid's movie so I suppose in that light it's actually pretty good.

[ 03. October 2022, 06:23: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Whip and the Body (1963)

Gothic horror film directed by the genre maestro Mario Bava. Brilliant lights and shadow, nice colours and cool cinematography - typical Bava style.
Daliah Lavi looks stunning and enjoys when Christopher Lee uses the whip which was too much for the censors back in the day. Good stuff 6/10

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Final Destination (2000)

Really like the basic idea in this movie and it´s not bad by any means but imo the original ending is so much more meaningful and better.
Then New Line listened airhead teen test audience and changed that so the movie feels more like a product. They made the right choice of course and the movie grossed over 100 million so who am i to blame [Smile] 5/10

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Lol Terd, thanks [Big Grin]

Had a lot of fun at the festival.

Feature films rank:

Terrifier II (2022) - Ahahaha, this was so much fun! Art and his skinny naked bum was just as delightful and even more charming than the first film. I was cracking up hard every time he mocked his victims with cry faces, violins and shocked face. It was a blast to watch this with an audience. Endless amounts of juicy carnage!! [Big Grin] 8/10

The Creeping (2022) - This got better as it went along. It was more a depressing twisted drama but when the weirdness struck it was fun too. 6/10

The Ou*waters (2022) - The title got censored just cos of what it can make in the middle lol. I definitely need to see this again. As unfortunately I think the fact that it was the last film of the 2 day horror film festival after only having 2 hours sleep each night (cos I just get too damn excited) hampered how I woulda felt about it. Also some things benefit from the big screen experience but I feel this might be the other way around. A small living room candlelit viewing might be more suited for this one. Made me laugh towards the end as one guy let out a sound of horror at a part I won't spoil [Big Grin] 6/10

Eating Miss Campbell (2022) - It was an experience.

Festival in joke [Wink] 5/10

Powertool Cheerleaders Vs The Boyband Of The Screeching Dead (2022) - This musical had some funny moments but the songs were crappy. 5/10

Final Summer (2022) - I had no idea what was going on here. I mean at first I thought it was a fan made Friday The 13th film but then just a homage maybe. I dunno. Whatever it was going for didn't work. Although there was some nice parts and funny scenes from Rico Whitehead. 5/10

Short films rank:

Curse Of Baxton House (202?) - 8
Bug Bites (2021) - 7
Every Time We Meet For Ice Cream Your Whole ****ing Face Explodes (2021) - 7
Pumpkin Boy (202?) - 6
The Microscope (2022) - 6
Dodging The Dead (202?) - 6
Hairsucker (2022) - 6
Caregiver (2022) - 6
The Trunk (2022) (Laidlaw) - 5
For The Love Of The Craft (202?) - 5
Sucker (2022) (Austin) - 5
Lethalogica (2021) - 5
A Whole Host (2022) - 4
All You Can Eat (2022) - 4
Familiar (2021) (Ellison) - 4
Wuurm (2022) - 4
Incubus (2022) - 4
Guts (2021) (McInroy) - 4

[ 08. October 2022, 03:40: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Goosebumps is cool Atomik, the second one is fun too and a Halloween one [Smile]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i´m gonna watch the second one too!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Skull (1965)

Second Amicus horror film and this was based on a short story by Robert Bloch. The skull of Marquis de Sade is haunting people and especially Mr Maitland (Peter Cushing).
Few cool scenes in this one (the floating skull) and i just loved Maitland´s study. Christopher Lee was also in this one. 6/10

-

Monster Dog (1984)

This was fun low budget film directed by Italian Claudio Fragasso but shot in Spain. Alice Cooper stars as rock star Vincent Raven and his family has a curse.
A group goes to a mansion to shoot a music video but the moon is full and you know what happens next. For horror freaks and Cooper fans. 6/10

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched the news. It was pretty bad. 0/10
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I adore The Skull <3
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
House Of The Gorgon (2019) - Great cast, Veronica Carlson bringing the class, to this awfully executed film. Supposed to be a homage to Hammer but more like a mickeytake. 3/10

The Mad Magician (1954) - Vincent Price was a groovy mad magician with all his mission impossible masks [Big Grin] 7/10

Dark Tower (1987) - Such a pity. I dunno if it was, but it had a lovely made for TV, dingy feel with some really odd stuff happening but then became a bit dull after the halfway point. 6/10

Smile (2022) (Finn) - Talk about a trailer completely misrepresenting a film. The whole cinema laughed their heads off watching it the other month but it was completely different with the film. Only went to see it because had time to kill between 2 live shows and glad for it. Sosie Bacon was outstanding and I just loved the depressing energy about it. It's one of the most horrifying things to even think about, that everybody just thinks you're mad when something awful is happening. Bit too long but a nice pleasant surprise. 7/10

Piercing (2018) - Mia Wasikowska and Paul Rudd lite meet up to enact their twisted violent fantasies on one another. This horror/black comedy had a bit of a sickly atmosphere at times and quite funny at others. I was amused at them playing the Tenebrae music while scanning up and down miniature buildings in the end credits. 7/10

[ 08. October 2022, 04:34: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

The FOG 1980. Good scenery and plenty of cool vintage items
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Final Destination 2 (2003)

FD sequel was more of the same with a plot that was not that exciting. The film starts with a highway crash sequence which was the highpoint of the movie. 4/10

-

The Birds (1963)

This classic still looks amazing and includes few breathtaking scenes. Tippi Hedren was great and i love those Albert Whitlock matte paintings! 8/10

-

Goosebumps 2 (2018)

More of the same which was a bit of a disappointment but i enjoyed the lead kids and their everyday problems.
This time the dummy wants to bring halloween to life but the monsters don´t do anything! Well, those gummy bears did try [Big Grin] 5/10

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Haha [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Eyewitness (1970) - Nearly fell asleep. 4/10

The Final Wish (2018) - Shockingly bad. 2/10

Sacrifice (2020) - Some nice creepy foreign country vibes. Barbara Crampton was fun in her role. 6/10

Beasts Clawing At Straws (2020) - Really disappointing black comedy. Only the second Korean film I've rated under a six. 5/10

The Mutations (1974) - An alright sort of Freaks remake. 6/10

The Return Of The Vampire (1943) - It's a pretty basic Drac -- sorry vampire film [Wink] But it's so enjoyably cosy with foggy gorgeousness on every corner and some lovely face melting [Smile] 7/10

The Seventh Sign (1988) - Yeah nah. 5/10

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Bad Moon (1996)

I like this werewolf flick written and directed by Eric "The Hitcher" Red. Nice downbeat feel, cool cast and the werewolf looks great. 7/10

-

Rabid (2019)

This Soska sisters remake was ok but unnecessary. Watch the Cronenberg original instead. 5/10

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Ones Below (2015) - Woo, I thought this was gonna be like any ten a penny wacky neighbours flick. But I was super anxious for the whole 80 mins and it was twisted!!! I loved it. 8/10

The Dunwich Horror (1970) - Yeah, I have no idea what I sat through, that was bloody odd! Had to be part comedy surely? Dean Stockwell's constant smirk face was cracking me up anyway! 7/10

The Killer Trainer (2018) - Crappy TV film, passed the time. 3/10

Cry Of The Banshee (1970) - Nothing wow, but a good bit of witchy/monster fun. 7/10

Final Destination III (2006) - Still enjoyable but a noticeable drop down from the first 2 films. 6/10

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home