iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » best 80s film family

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best 80s film family
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My own vote goes to the Ripleys in the Great Outdoors; in a Hollywood world where families always seem to be coming apart at the seams only to be hastily put back together, often unconvincingly, at the end of the picture, it's always refreshing to pop in a tape or DVD of TGO and watch a clearly happy family--and it is clear that all 4 of them do genuinely care for each other--just having a good time together (with occasional bumps along the way, of course). In so doing, I feel, they set more of an example of what families should be than any preachy ending that we're stuck with too often.
Posts: 2545 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nailed that one Candyfanman! I'd probably vote for them as well. Helps that it's one of my favorite movies. If I had to pick a different family I'd have to go with the Kinsella's from Field of Dreams. They stuck together through thick and thin. Even when people thought they were actually crazy, they supported each other.
Posts: 667 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else have any nominations?
Posts: 667 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking on this one and the more I think about it, you guys might be spot on. Ironically, another john candy film may need a mention. Summer Rental.
Posts: 1575 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta threeway tie between the Griswolds, the Petersons from The 'Burbs, and the Freelings from Poltergeist.

Honorable mentions are the Bakers from 16 Candles, the Walshs from Goonies, the Baskins from Down and Out in Beverly Hills and the Browns from Critters.

Posts: 1316 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Terd - I thought of them too! Great movie. Jay Lee - some good ones in there for sure. Love the Griswolds!
Charles De Mar
Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good one that's fun for all ages:

-

Posts: 36 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home