iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » 80's Movies » How many of the 579 do you own?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many of the 579 do you own?!
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ray Peterson   Email Ray Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm about to do a count of my 80's collection, and just wondered, how many of the listed films on Fast Rewind (579) do you own on VHS, DVD, Bluray or whatever?! Anyone have them all?!

EDIT:
I've finished my own count. On the various platforms but mainly DVD I own 200/579!
Pretty pleased but a lot to get still! [Smile]

[ 11. July 2018, 03:24: Message edited by: Ray Peterson ]

Posts: 23 | From: The Burbs | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
499/579 so im getting closer to the goal [Smile]

Seriously, im not hunting them like i used to but ill grab any 80s film if i see one cheap enough.

Of course im still missing few i desperately want but i know ill never have enough time to watch them all [Big Grin]

Posts: 7260 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ray Peterson   Email Ray Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's incredible! You are so close to the goal. I've seen a good deal more than the 200 I own currently but would really love to bump my collection up in the next few months. Add 50 classic titles by Xmas [Smile]
Posts: 23 | From: The Burbs | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

493 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! aTomik, that is seriously impressive! I would say that I'm probably more where Ray is at the 200-250 mark

aTomik, would you ever be able to take some decent screenshots for some of the rarer movies where we haven't got good ones? I know it's time consuming (god knows I do!) so no worries if not [Smile]

[ 13. July 2018, 01:51: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 1017 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 493  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
Great shout Nick, I'd love to see some of the harder to get gems displayed on here!
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm stuck at around 330.

It's interesting to note there's a fair number of the more well-known and beloved 80s titles i do not own on any format
(for example Gremlins, Fletch, Planes Trains and Automobiles, and Home Alone). On the other hand, i do own loads of
obscure stuff that is not (and will probably never be) included on the Fast Rewind page, mostly horror and all sorts of
(s)exploitation titles.

But still.. considering my collection predominantly focuses on the 70s rather than the 80s, 330 is not bad.. not bad at all ! [Smile]

Posts: 2112 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
330 is pretty excellent! But how can you not have Gremlins!? I've got it on Vhs, Dvd (Us and UK version) and Bluray!
Planes Trains another masterpiece too.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i know.. but i also think it's no coincidence that the titles that are missing from my collection are among the most accessible
and easily available movies from that time period. Personally i prefer to spend my money on some obscure title and be amazed at
how bizarre things could get (for example, i recently watched Liquid Sky for the first time in my life) rather than pursue to get as
many of the more familiar titles that can still be seen on (Dutch) TV on a regular basis. It's always a matter of personal taste, i guess.

Posts: 2112 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
Very true. Now I need to look up Liquid Sky! [Smile]
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't counted but I'm pretty sure I own or have owned at least half including the old VHS tapes I still have stored in my sisters garage. And if you want to count all the movies recorded onto blank VHS tapes, then that number will jump up significantly.

[ 14. July 2018, 13:28: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1772 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! You guys have some enormous collections.
All I could muster was 110. Of course I own many others that are not listed of the great rewind site. A couple I want on vhs are the Wraith and Secret Admirer. These are oddly hard to find using my method. Of course I could find them on eBay but that would cost more than I want to spend. 99 cents or bust is the only option.

Posts: 1570 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MovieRob
Rewind Curious
Member # 37559

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MovieRob   Email MovieRob   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't even broken into triple digits, I only have 63. But I love every one of them.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

493 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MovieRob:
Haven't even broken into triple digits, I only have 63. But I love every one of them.

63 is still a great collection [Smile] Welcome to the Rewind [Smile]
Posts: 1017 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 493  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
Wow! aTomik, that is seriously impressive! I would say that I'm probably more where Ray is at the 200-250 mark

aTomik, would you ever be able to take some decent screenshots for some of the rarer movies where we haven't got good ones? I know it's time consuming (god knows I do!) so no worries if not [Smile]

I would love to take screenshots etc. but dont have any kind of equpment to do that at the moment.
Posts: 7260 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Movies overall... lost count some years ago at 3K+.

Posts: 1301 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
258 so far so not bad!

I have a vast amount of movies but with the majority i'd say being made up of more lesser known titles!

Here's a couple of pics from my collection (both actually from my comedy section)

-

Titles such as Joysticks,Hot Pursuit,The Party Animal,Critical Condition,The Sure Thing,Soul Man,Mr Mom,Moving, Breaking All The Rules,Lover boy,Pick - Up Summer, Fraternity Vacation,Gotcha , Summer School etc,etc. - So there's quite a few well known ones in there!

-

[ 19. July 2018, 09:45: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3446 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Lots of great ones there, warrior.

Movies overall, lost count myself also and all i know is its way over 4000 films, id say closer to 4500.
Approximately 2500 of those are 80s films.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

38 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
258 so far so not bad!

I have a vast amount of movies but with the majority i'd say being made up of more lesser known titles!

Here's a couple of pics from my collection (both actually from my comedy section)

-

Titles such as Joysticks,Hot Pursuit,The Party Animal,Critical Condition,The Sure Thing,Soul Man,Mr Mom,Moving, Breaking All The Rules,Lover boy,Pick - Up Summer, Fraternity Vacation,Gotcha , Summer School etc,etc. - So there's quite a few well known ones in there!

-

You have Some Kind Of Wonderful misfiled in your comedy section....
Posts: 3650 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 38  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
258 so far so not bad!

-

-

Can the pan the cam to the right? I can see the horror section in the bottom right there. I'm more interested in those.
Posts: 1772 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pyro on a day I get good light coming through my bedroom I'll take a few snaps of my Horror collection!
Posts: 3446 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
Wonderful pictures. Nothing I love more than browsing a shelf of films. I want After Hours so bad!!

I will attempt to upload some pictures from my own collection later.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:

Can the pan the cam to the right? I can see the horror section in the bottom right there. I'm more interested in those. [/QUOTE]

It's not that actual shelf Pyro but here's some of my horror collection -

-

The sun all of a sudden went in when I took these couple of snaps but it's two halfs of one shelf to my horror collection.

I keep nearly all my films in protective sleeves so when taking photos it makes it that bit more tricky as you sometimes get a reflection.

In the top pic we have the likes of - Cellar Dweller,Ghoulies 1&2,Waxwork,The House Where Evil Dwells,Witch board,Scarecrows,New Year's Evil, Phantasm 2,Jack's Back,Slumber Party Massacre etc.

And in the bottom pic the likes of - Troll 1&2, Night Of The Comet,The Offspring aka From A Whisper To A Scream,The Nest,Psycho 2&3,Hellhole,Crawlspace,Monster aka Humanoids From The Deep,Prison,Lifeforce,Killer Klowns From Outer Space etc.

-

[ 31. July 2018, 09:44: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This is the bookcase shelving on my wife's side of the bed which houses more horror so this is what she wakes up to view every morning though not that she's really bothered or anything as she's a huge horror fan!

I'll run a few titles of here

- Future Kill,The Toolbox Murders (remake),The Purge Election Year,Carrie,Watchers, Prince Of Darkness,Mimic,Elvira Mistress Of The Dark,Child's Play 2,Fright Night,Prom Night 2,Cherry Falls, Friday The 13ths 2,3 and 4 etc.etc.

[ 31. July 2018, 09:42: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home