iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » 80's Movies » Street Trash (1987)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Street Trash (1987)
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently saw Street Trash for the first time; never heard of this film before this year. Great movie!

I like trashy, low-budget horror films from the '80's, and this proved to be exceptionally twisted, sickening, and very politically incorrect. The scenes when the bums disintegrated from drinking the toxic liquor (or whatever it was) were repulsive & hilarious. Really good FX here! Elements of the film reminded me of both The Toxic Avenger & The Stuff.

The one liners were also very funny:

Fred: Place looks cleaner than usual.
Ed: Yeah, I swept it out once.

Doorman: Everybody's a hot-headed gangster. Everybody's Mister Mafia. Ha! The Don! The Don of Douchebags, that's what you are.

Posts: 456 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you liked Street Trash Nostalgic because it certainly is not for everyone [Wink]

The Doorman was in fact James Lorinz who later starred in another supercool street film Frankenhooker (1990).

Posts: 7283 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add to my last post, one of my favorite scenes in Street Trash was the last scene(s) when the doorman was about to be killed by the arrogant, scum-bag gangster, who then drank some of the toxic liquor. The gangster then obviously started disintegrating/decomposing (like the bums had done in previous scenes), but it was all off-screen, much to the horror of his two underlings. And, once this started happening, the doorman made numerous snide, sarcastic comments about the gangster "running down the steps - get a bucket", etc. - extremely funny! It actually worked better to not see what was happening to the gangster, and instead see the horrified expression of his underlings, as well as the pleased/amused expression of the doorman - LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a retrospective on the film:

https://crypticrock.com/street-trash...rs-filthy-fun/

Posts: 456 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also laughing out loud watching that final scene. Excellent filmmaking!
Posts: 7283 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you that like you might like this:

-

Posts: 25 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home