iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Mystery Xanadu Apache dancer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mystery Xanadu Apache dancer
Al Krause
Rewind Curious
Member # 37529

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Al Krause   Email Al Krause   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the movie, does anyone know who the dancer is at :47-:57, 1:19-:46 and 6:01-21?

Pretty, great costume (i.e. legs) and one Helluva dynamic performance (her partner flips her around like a poker chip and she comes up with that killer smile every time).

Check out her facial expressions - great flirty looks at the band guys - she's into it ALL the way. Credits list the dancers as just "Xanadu dancer" and you'd think that since she had a large part (the centerpiece in that segment, to my mind), they would have identified her better. A fine, unidentified talent.

Posts: 3 | From: Nevada | Registered: Jan 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really enjoy Xanadu and re-watched the scenes but there´s so many Xanadu dancers listed on IMDb it´s almost impossible to say who she is.

Maybe you have to give everyone a call? [Smile]

And btw, The Tubes just rocks!

Posts: 7049 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Krause
Rewind Curious
Member # 37529

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Al Krause   Email Al Krause   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK - Well, nothing from any of the boards, so the next step is to look up each female dance on the Internet and see if I strike gold.
Posts: 3 | From: Nevada | Registered: Jan 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I re-watched Xanadu a couple of months ago and it is a great film. However, I do admit that trying to pin-point a specific dancer from that sequence would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Unless someone has a specific speaking role, they probably won't be identified by name in the credits. And, even if they're listed individually under a "dancers" category, it would be almost impossible to figure out which one they are that way either.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

I'm sure you already know this, but this film was released in 1980, so it was probably filmed in 1979 - almost 40 years ago. It's possible this woman is deceased at this point...just being realistic.

Posts: 412 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Krause
Rewind Curious
Member # 37529

Rate Member
[Nostalgic}"However, I do admit that trying to pin-point a specific dancer from that sequence would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack."

Indeed, I tried but came up with nothing. Another Tilt-At-Windmills effort. She caught my eye and I was just curious as to her career - she had much more to offer than the others.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home