iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Michael Paré, Ken Wahl, Ray Sharkey & Chris Nash

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Michael Paré, Ken Wahl, Ray Sharkey & Chris Nash
DeuceWild
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37522

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DeuceWild   Email DeuceWild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Four of my 80's favorites that their careers went nowhere, even if they were in some of the best cult-classic movies and TV Series out there.

I think the emergence of depressing grunge music (which i absolutly despise) and the more 'serious-in-tone' oriented films, plus the Indie / artsy explosion in the 90's, killed the laconic & handsome dark haired lead actors, sporting that macho persona on-screen and Brooklyn / Bronx streetwise charisma which was the epitome of 'cool' during the best Era ever for movies and the general pop culture.

Michael Paré - "Crazy Times" ('81); "The Greatest American Hero" (TV Series, '81 - '83); "Eddie and the Cruisers" ('83) & "Eddie and the Cruisers II - Eddie Lives!" ('89); "Streets of Fire" ('84); "The Philadelphia Experiment" ('84); "Space Rage - Breakout on Prison Planet" ('85); "Instant Justice" ('86); "Moon 44" ('90).

Ken Wahl - "The Wanderers" ('79); "Running Scared" ('80); "Fort Apache - The Bronx" ('81); "The Soldier" ('82); "Purple Hearts" ('84); "The Dirty Dozen - Next Mission" ('85); "Omega Syndrome" ('86); "Wiseguy" (TV Series, '87 - '90).

Ray Sharkey (1952 - 1993) - "The Idolmaker" ('80); "The Ordeal of Bill Carney (TV Movie, '81); "Love & Money" ('82); "Some Kind of Hero" ('82); "Body Rock" ('84); "Wise Guys" ('86); "No Mercy" ('86); "P.I. Private Investigations" ('87); "Act of Piracy" ('88); "Wired" ('89); "Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills" ('89) plus several appearances in the cult TV Series such as "Miami Vice"; "Crime Story"; "The Equalizer" or "Wiseguy".

Chris Nash - "Mischief" ('85); "The Wraith" ('86); "Modern Girls" ('86); "Satisfaction" ('88); "Double Revenge" ('88) plus several appearances in cult TV Series such as "Amazing Stories"; "Family Ties"; "Beauty and the Beast" or "Freddy's Nightmares".

God, i so miss this guys and that Era so much...

Posts: 53 | From: Sintra, Lisbon, Portugal | Registered: Dec 2017 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really cool guys all of them. I collect their films, still missing few.
Posts: 7173 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes you wonder what happened to the brooding leading man. Brando worship got neutered some how? Would love to see these kind of actors see a return in popularity.
Posts: 4419 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home