iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Any fans of SpaceCamp ? ('86)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any fans of SpaceCamp ? ('86)
DeuceWild
Rewind Curious
Member # 37522

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DeuceWild   Email DeuceWild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1986 was a strange year, most of my favorite movies from that year and even some of the decade's best in their respective genres, flopped at B.O. : "SpaceCamp", "Big Trouble in Little China", "Howard the Duck"; "8 Million Ways to Die"; "Crossroads"; "Haunted Honeymoon"; "Lucas"; "The Manhattan Project" and so on...

I've always been a fan of "SpaceCamp" since i've watched it as kid in the 80's, the movie was unfairly bashed because of the Challenger disaster prior in that year, but it's a nicely & touching piece of 80's memorabilia with good special effects and an outstanding orchestration by the master John Williams.
Besides that, is always a pleasure to watch Lea Thompson and Kelly Preston in their prime and the debut performance of Leif (future Joaquin) Phoenix.

quote:
Max and Jinx... Friends... For-e-ver.
[Smile]
Posts: 3 | From: Sintra, Lisbon, Portugal | Registered: Dec 2017 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a pretty big spaceboy nut as a kid, so this was one of my favorite movies from my childhood. I wore the vhs tape we had of it out several times. I can't say it still holds as much magic for me today as it did when I was a kid. But it still has a special place in my nostalgic movie collection.
Posts: 1733 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeuceWild
Rewind Curious
Member # 37522

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DeuceWild   Email DeuceWild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've re-watched it last weekend, i was with a flu and was like "Innerspace", "The Explorers", "Flight of the Navigator", "The Manhattan Project", "SpaceCamp" and "Solarbabies" in a row through the weekend.
Every one of them still holds on very well, at least for me, because i never leave the 80's [Smile]

I remember when i watched "Apollo 13" on theaters and "SpaceCamp" came into my mind, one was a box office success and nominated for several Oscars, the other was a major B.O. flop and only 80's aficionados will remember it nowadays.
And then came that terrible movie with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney some years ago, another box office hit and also nominated for several Oscars...

In a perfect world, "SpaceCamp" could have had the respect it deserves !!

Posts: 3 | From: Sintra, Lisbon, Portugal | Registered: Dec 2017 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool flicks there mate. Love Innerspace and Explorers too. And Flight of the Navigator is actually my #1 favorite childhood movie of this particular genre. But yeah, SpaceCamp was never too far behind. Enemy Mine and Night Flyers are also a couple others I remember watching quite a bit as a kid too; along with the ever awesome Alien movies.

[ 06. December 2017, 11:39: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1733 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeuceWild
Rewind Curious
Member # 37522

Rate Member
Love "Enemy Mine" [Smile]

Also "Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone", "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension", "My Science Project", "D.A.R.Y.L.", "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure", "Galaxy of Terror", "The Last Starfighter" and so on... Long live the 80's sci-fi flicks !!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen Enemy Mine or The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai DeuceWild but have watched and enjoyed all the others and your right 1986 had some seriously fun movies - http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=moviemeter,asc&title_type=feature&year=1986,1986
Posts: 3281 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh yes...How could I forget My Science Project? Another childhood favorite. It was actually that movie that I was searching for that led me here to the rewind almost a decade ago.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home