iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2017) (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2017)
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was J2ME. But I'm watching too [Big Grin]
Posts: 3796 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just popped around to the shop and there was a guy dressed as an elf  -
Posts: 3796 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Fright Night (the 2011 version) the other day.. Decent, but in the end pointless remake of the well-loved 80s classic.

The main cast, including the late Anton Yelchin, were good though. The re-imagining of the Peter Vincent character may cause some debate,
but it was fine by me. The "Evil" Ed character however, played so memorably by Stephen Geoffreys in the '85 version, fares less succesful,
played here by the ever annoying Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Also, the still impressive special effects of the original (especially the possession of Amy
and the fiery climax) remain unequalled, replaced here by slick CGI that doesn't really impress.

Posts: 2017 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
So my Halloween was:

-

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966) - 7/10

-

Spooky Bats And Scaredy Cats: A Halloween Tale (2009) - 8/10

-

Trick 'R Treat (2007) - 10/10
And the original short, Season's Greetings (1996) - 8/10

The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About Halloween (2016) - 5/10

-

Halloween (1978) - 10/10

-

Halloween III: Season Of The Witch (1982) - 10/10

-

Cat-Women Of The Moon (1953) - 6/10

As always I will be continuing on till Bonfire Night [Big Grin]

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen - great night of movies there! I too watched the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! Our two young kids love that movie. I then continued my Halloween tradition of watching....

-

Young Frankenstein - I really love this movie. Gene Wilder was so good.

I watched Halloween (original) the night before, which is also a must for me every Halloween.

I hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Posts: 620 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yay, Young Frankenstein is great! That was the first time I've watched Charlie Brown in years! A good time [Smile]
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ended up watching "Trick 'r Treat". I was tired and had an early night. [Embarrassed]

Getting old sucks!  -

Posts: 1518 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
J2ME FAIL! [Razz]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My final Halloween scary movies 2017:

-

Christine (1983)

Carpenter classic! 10/10

Halloween (1978)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077651/

Another Carpenter classic! 10/10

Halloween II (1981)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082495/

Love how it continues the story right where the original ended. I quite like the atmosphere but overall it´s rather typical 80s slasher. 7/10
Pamela Susan Shoop = WOW! [Wink]

Oh, and two shorties:

Mickey Mouse: Brave Little Tailor (1938) 8/10

- pumpkins and a giant.

Mickey Mouse: Lonesome Ghosts (1937) 8/10

- plus Donald & Goofy. The original Ghostbusters [Smile]

[ 06. November 2017, 02:51: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 6963 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
[Smile]

My last lot:

-

The Haunted Pumpkin Of Sleepy Hollow (2003) - 7/10

-

Prevenge (2016) - 6/10

-

The Hunger (1983) - 8/10

-

They Live (1988) - 8/10

-

V For Vendetta (2005) - 8/10

Some shorts:
A Halloween Hassle At Dracula's Castle (1984) - 7/10
Trick Or Treat (1952) - 7/10
Treaters (2017) - 7/10

-

Tank 432 (2015) - 4/10

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Finished up with two Carpenter classics Halloween and The Fog,well in all truth The Fog is for me not on the same level as the original Halloween but it's still one hell of a flick with a great cast,creepy atmosphere and a terrific Carpenter music score - https://youtu.be/F0ej1-P73JQ.

Posts: 3259 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend and I watched The Fog, Halloween, Halloween III and Fright Night.
Posts: 191 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everytime i watch The Fog it feels better and better. So, i bet it´s soon another five star Carpenter classic [Smile]
Posts: 6963 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home