iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2016) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Halloween Scary Movie Thread (2016)
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
Tonight:

Halloween (1978) @ The Prince Charles Cinema. 9pm showing.

I can't wait.  -

Awesome! Tell us how it goes!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

My 31 days of horror ended with Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982).
Excellent film with perfect eerie atmosphere. Includes all time top 3 score from the deadly duo Carpenter/Howarth. 8/10

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff everyone! [Big Grin]

The rest of my October - 5th November:

The Howling: Reborn (2011) - 5/10

The Exorcist (1973) - Ok, so I didn't despise this as much as in the past. In fact I really rather enjoyed those first 40 minutes or so and Jason Miller does put in one hell of a perfomance. It's once it goes into full possession mode that I just switch off. Everytime it goes into that bedroom I'm just like oh come on, go back to the other parts. The mother, other priests, anything. Because I just start to get bored at those parts. There's just no tension, eerieness or nothing there for me which is damn disappointing to say the least. 5/10

Endless Night (1972) - More mystery until it horrors out near the end. 7/10

Scared Shrekless (2010) - Fun little anthology. 8/10

Halloween Safety (1977) - 7/10

A Kind Of Magic (2015) - This was the corniest Halloween film I've ever seen but I kinda loved it. Felt more like a soppy Chrimbo film but with Halloween decorations. 7/10

Clown (2014) - A man puts on a clown suit for his kids birthday but can't get it off as it's actually demon skin, madness ensues. This was a strange viewing experience as I kept thinking any minute now it's going to become a really comedic film. But the longer it didn't the more it really unnerved me. And then it got really friggin' dark. The leads were great, brought much sympathy to their roles and the effects were cool. 8/10

Son Of Frankenstein (1939) - A huge dropdown in quality from the first 2. Starts off well enough than goes really boring then back for a good ending. Lugosi was phenomenal. 5/10

R.I.P.D (2013) - Fun! 7/10

Casper (1995) - 8/10

Inseminoid (1981) - Cheap, dingy, demented over the top moments, grimy gore, hysteria, great score, fun acting and an ending that makes you cheer while grinning like a loon. Classic Norman J. Warren! 8/10

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) - I liked this more than the first. The time just flew by.This sneaks in here as all the action near the end was during a Halloween parade [Razz] 8/10

The Asylum (2015) aka Exeter aka Backmask - That's the most interesting thing about it [Razz] 3/10

Madhouse (2004) - Got much better as it went along. Nice atmosphere. 6/10

Wake In Fright (1971) - An Aussie borefest with a horrible real hunting scene of Kangaroos being shot, ranover and having their throats slit. 3/10

Wolf Creek (2016) - Better than the film. 6/10

Spooky Bats And Scaredy Cats (2008) - Adorable stop motion short that I've watched for the last 6 years. 8/10

Trick 'R Treat (2007) - 10/10

Season's Greetings (1996) - The short film that led to Trick 'R Treat. 8/10

Hocus Pocus (1993) - 7/10

Halloween III: Season Of The Witch (1982) - 10/10

Halloween (1978) - 10/10

Monster House (2006) - 8/10

Corpse Bride (2005) - 10/10

Excision (2012) - 7/10

100 Bloody Acres (2012) - 6/10

Hatchet (2006) - 6/10

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home