iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » School Spirit (1985)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: School Spirit (1985)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The only thing keeping Billy Batson from the girl of his dreams is one little condom -- or rather the lack of one.
Lucky Billy finds one at an all-night roadhouse -- but speeding back to his girl, he is killed in a head-on collision with a truck.
Now invisible, Billy must find his sweetheart and rekindle her fire -- but when he comes back to school as a ghost,
his first stop is the girl's locker room, and he's beginning to "see" all the possibilities! (IMDb)

School Spirit is a pretty good T&A film directed by Alan Holleb and written by Geoffrey Baere (Campus Man).
Yeah, every high school kid has dreamed about the "easy access" to girls locker room. Don´t you try to deny it [Smile]
Tom Nolan plays the lead character Billy Batson here and while he´s not the most charismatic fella, he´s a legend because he played Absid in Voyage of the Rock Aliens.

Lots of good looking girls in here: Elizabeth Foxx is such a fox, Pamela Ward has a body to die for, Daniele Arnaud the European beauty
and Toni Hudson is the girl next door type. I also liked Marta Kober (Friday 2 etc.), always so energetic.

Few good tunes, Hog Day party, fun rich SOB called Gregg (Nick Segal from Chopping Mall) who suddenly turns to a good guy. I liked that!

Not a classic but i enjoyed it. Kinda like low budget Zapped!

-

Posts: 7489 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a real soft spot for these kind of movies. This was on YouTube but when I went to watch it, it had been taken down. Bumma.
Posts: 3384 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted to get this one, even though I could probably predict the entire movie.
Posts: 4420 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JudithJohnson
Rewind Curious
Member # 37714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JudithJohnson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
 -

The only thing keeping Billy Batson from the girl of his dreams is one little condom -- or rather the lack of one.
Lucky Billy finds one at an all-night roadhouse -- but speeding back to his girl, he is killed in a head-on collision with a truck.
Now invisible, Billy must find his sweetheart and rekindle her fire -- but when he comes back to school as a ghost,
his first stop is the girl's locker room, and he's beginning to "see" all the possibilities! (IMDb)

School Spirit is a pretty good T&A film directed by Alan Holleb and written by Geoffrey Baere (Campus Man).
Yeah, every high school kid has dreamed about the "easy access" to girls locker room. Don´t you try to deny it [Smile]
Tom Nolan plays the lead character Billy Batson here and while he´s not the most charismatic fella, he´s a legend because he played Absid in Voyage of the Rock Aliens.

Lots of good looking girls in here: Elizabeth Foxx is such a fox, Pamela Ward has a body to die for, Daniele Arnaud the European beauty
and Toni Hudson is the girl next door type. I also liked Marta Kober (Friday 2 etc.), always so energetic.

Few good tunes, Hog Day party, fun rich SOB called Gregg (Nick Segal from Chopping Mall) who suddenly turns to a good guy. I liked that!

Not a classic but i enjoyed it. Kinda like low budget Zapped!

-

This film has the word "school" in its title, but this film is not intended for schoolchildren. This film is a little depraved and has several scenes that schoolchildren should not watch.

Watching adult films by schoolchildren should be prohibited. Parents should control that children do not watch such films. Also, parents should control that the children watch cartoons and childhood films only after homework. Parents should prevent children from cheating and not using the services like the service Paperial.com (to which students pay for papers) to start watching cartoons and children's films before

In conclusion, I want to say that the title of the film is not true. Because parents can conclude from the title that this film is suitable for children, but this is not true.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Posts: 693 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only a poor spammer who´s probably having the time of his/her life here [Big Grin]
Posts: 7489 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37571

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg, I'mmdying laughing here! This isn't the PMRC! [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 74 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37591

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Only a poor spammer who´s probably having the time of his/her life here [Big Grin]

Are they watching Dirty Dancing now? [Smile]
Posts: 14 | From: On a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless | Registered: Jan 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

15 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps judithjohnson should change her name as Johnson is another name for....
Posts: 1626 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 15  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

38 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW, I don't think Judith is a spammer - after all, this is her only post (so far) and her user profile and registration details don't fit the pattern.

I do think she's opinionated about this subject (although we can't know if there's a reason why) and on her first day on the board misjudged the kind of response she would get.

Let's not attack too vigorously, people. OK?

Posts: 3668 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 38  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok. There´s just been many posts lately from new guys including suspicious links and Judith fits the same category.
Askanison
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Askanison   Email Askanison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched this a couple of days ago on youtube, while at work lol
Posts: 24 | From: England, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

38 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok. There´s just been many posts lately from new guys including suspicious links and Judith fits the same category.

Yeah, I know, and when removing these, there's a pattern of multiple fake accounts being created from the same IP address in a bunch (sometimes as many as a hundred) that jut sit there until the spammers want to post stuff. Clearing out one post often means clearing out loads of fake user accounts as well. In this case - just the one was created and the IP address isn't one we know about, or one that has been reported by other forums as a spammer.
Posts: 3668 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 38  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, I enjoy 80's cheese just about as much as the next 80's kid. But I couldn't even make it past 10 minutes of this one. I'm sure the T&A might have made it worth-while if I had been patient. But I just couldn't.
Posts: 1793 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for the info Paul and Pyro, School Spirit is by no means a masterpiece but it does get better along the way.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps I will give it another try one of these days. But all I'm saying is from the little I saw, Bill Cosby's Ghost Dad is better.
Posts: 1793 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home