iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » 80's Movies » Should I watch this? thread (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Should I watch this? thread
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers for your opinion on Cross My Heart Crash I don't dislike Martin Short but sometimes I do find him a little bit annoying!

Did like him in the 1992 comedy Captain Ron alongside Kurt Russell though.

-

Just looking through some old trailers on YouTube and came across this movie Raging Angels from 1995 which features a fairly decent cast though watching the trailer it does look hilariously bad and probably only good for some unintentional laughs!

Anyone ever seen it and if so is it as bad as it looks?

https://youtu.be/N3Lf7xhciRc - Raging Angels trailer (1995).

[ 22. July 2017, 14:39: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3253 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Saw this when it very first came out (1994) and i'm positive that I enjoyed it but can remember very little about it as I have not visited it since!

Great cast with Richard Gere,Sharon Stone,Lolita Davidovich and the late Martin Landau who recently passed away i've not long spotted a cheap copy of the UK Dvd and i'm in two minds whether to pick it up.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one and if so in your opinion is it worth picking up on the cheap?

https://youtu.be/jo9EJwkaPTQ - Intersection trailer (1994).

Posts: 3253 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im gonna watch Cross my Heart during the weekend.

Raging Angels looks like a disaster but i like disaster films! [Big Grin] It was released here back in the day and im gonna get the film if i see it somewhere.

Intersection is a cool love triangle drama with a great cast. I say pick it up!

Posts: 6954 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers Atomik I have just gone ahead and purchased Intersection and if you do get around to watching Cross My Heart soon let us know your thoughts!

I know Crash was lukewarm on it and if you come back with similar opinions I'll probably choose to steer clear of it despite its budget retail price!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intersection, as I recall, was a remake of a French film. It's pretty good with good performances and lots of squealing tires. LOL
Posts: 2024 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Atomik mentioning an early Mel Gibson movie Summer City over in the last 70s movie thread for some reason reminded me that i still want to check out this 1993 movie called Love In Limbo which features a fairly early feature film performance from Russell Crowe.

Read some quite favourable reviews for it but has anyone on here ever seen it and if so was it anygood?

https://vimeo.com/62583258 - Love In Limbo 1993 clip.

[ 27. August 2017, 04:43: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry rewinders that I am no help at all with the recent movies listed on here.
I do have one myself. Should I watch LUNCH BOX. Not 80s but close.1991. IMDB has very little on this film.

Posts: 1530 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This one Terd? If so I've never seen it and like you say there's next to no reviews out there but from the cover I'd personally probably give it a go!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty obscure films these two. Never heard of them before so sorry, cant help you guys.
Posts: 6954 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it Warrior! I think ill give it a go. I have a vhs copy and just replaced my last vcr that gotr zapped in lightning storm. Seemed weird not having a vcr.
Posts: 1530 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Never seen the Eyes Of Laura Mars (1978) before and I noticed it's just come out on UK Blu Ray from Powerhouse (indicator) Films,great cast with Faye Dunaway and Tommy Lee Jones plus it's from Irvin Kershner (RoboCop 2 & The Empire Strikes Back) and one of its screen writers is the seriously talented John Carpenter!

Anyone ever checked it out before and if so was it anygood?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I remember liking it, especially those late 70s photo shoot scenes.
Not a masterpiece but a good thriller. Pick it up!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. It's good. Carpenter wrote some for-hire stuff back in the day that he didn't direct himself, like this one, Black Moon Rising, and the Beethoven kid's film. I think that he probably wrote something for The Philadelphia Experiment too--terrific little B-picture--but he's only credited as Executive Producer.
Posts: 2024 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Sounds cool guys and I will certainly look at picking it up sometime soon,I love both Black Moon Rising and The Philadelphia Experiment Crash and think there great fun to watch!

Irvin Kershner's RoboCop sequel while not a patch on the original was still a pretty decent watch and for me The Empire Strikes Back was my favourite of the original trilogy,i'd say definitely a talented director!

[ 21. September 2017, 16:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Kershner went way down in my book when Nancy Allen finally said on a podcast a few years ago that he was a jerk and didn't like her at all during RoboCop 2. How can you not like Nancy Allen? [Wink]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Kershner does sound like a bit of a jerk judging by that!

-

I see this 1990 romantic drama is coming to Blu Ray here in the UK very soon,anyone seen it before and if so is well made,acted etc

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
White Palace is very well acted, as you would expect, from Spader and Sarandon. I haven't seen it in ages, but it's a very well made, unusual love story.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I like both Sarandon and Spader (actually watched one of his movies last night the really entertaining New Kids from 1985) and have read nothing but positives about the White Palace plus now your thumbs up so will definitely check it out next month when it hits Blu Ray!
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Oh, you are so right. I do like Sarandon, and Spader is always great as a villain/cad like in The New Kids. It's nice to see him in a gentle role like White Palace. I think that you will enjoy it.

Speaking of Spader as a good guy, while The Watcher isn't really a great serial killer/crime film, it has some nice performances from Spader as a damaged FBI agent, Marisa Tomei as his shrink, and Keanu Reeves as the killer. It's very watchable, despite being completely routine.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

Mmmmm, Susan Sarandon.

Does anyone recommend The Town that Dreaded Sundown

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I own White Palace and need to check it out.

Terd: i just watched the original The Town that Dreaded Sundown the other day and its a very good movie
but theres one thing i didnt like: the comedic character Benson played by the producer/director Charles B. Pierce himself. Hes in a wrong movie IMO.
Loved the manic kill scenes and the overall vibe though.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Director Pierce's attempts at "humor" strike a wrong chord much like the humor in the original Last House on the Left. I think that he was worried that the film was too grim for drive-in audiences so he tried unsuccessfully to lighten it up. It's a unique, underrated little film that does have that "You Are There" vibe.

The "re-imagining" of it from a few years back starts out just great--Texarkana in the present day shows the film every year, copycat murders start, and the heroine seeks the aid of Pierce's son (!) to help--but it just peters out. It was done by a few of the American Horror Story team, and I understand that there was a lot of studio interference and recutting. It's a shame. The meta-idea was great.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

Thanx aTomik! Ill check it out
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home