iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » THE WILD LIFE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE WILD LIFE
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Is there any reason that NO ONE has brought up that you can get THE WILD LIFE on DVD through Amazon!!!!
Wild Life On AMAZON

We are DEVO

Posts: 4226 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wild Life rocks!

What we need, is a company that releases these teen classics on dvd/blu-ray and gives them the "Arrow treatment".
U know, lots of extra material and nice booklets etc.

I know that it´s only a wet dream but i like that kind of dreams [Wink]

Posts: 7287 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my vhs of the wild life is knackered,i need to upgrade to the dvd when i get chance,pity someone like arrow has never picked it up,it's a universal studios release as well so there's always a possibility as arrow have released a few of there titles in the past - the people under the stairs,the burbs etc.

i see arrow distribute in north america as well now but the trouble is there that they sometimes don't have the rights to release both sides of the atlantic hence here in the uk we get a really cool burbs blu ray release where as stateside they get nothing!

i reckon the wild life would sell a bundle for whoever picked it up as it's a film that's got a good cult following.

Posts: 3464 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you read the reviews you can see that they have changed the soundtrack so the vhs version is still the one to get.
Here´s an interesting article and The Wild Life is included: http://www.empireonline.com/features/films-not-on-DVD/p1

Posts: 7287 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks for posting this. I am a regular amazon customer and I wasn't even aware of this. I ordered a copy yesterday, and hoping it comes as advertised. I came very close to seeking out a bootleg copy online, but glad I waited. It's a bummer about the music. I have the soundtrack on tape and vinyl so that should keep me at bay. I also have a vhs copy which is a little worn. I wish there were extra features too, but can't be too fussy considering the long wait for this.
Posts: 4419 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorites. It's like a hidden little gem. I enjoyed Chris Penn. Jenny Wright was so cool & beauituful. Young Ilan-Mitchell Smith as a badass...Thompson & Stoltz?!? Come on!! Doesn't get better!! I want to go shop at Fashion Dynasty now!! Lol!!
Posts: 2229 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is there any reason that NO ONE has brought up that you can get THE WILD LIFE on DVD through Amazon!!!!
Wild Life On AMAZON

I did. In March. Here:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/11814/2.html#000029

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful with Amazon! I thought I finally ordered the film, but they sent me some WC Fields film instead. I sent it back last week and will probably have to wait for refund and begin the process all over again. Maybe it was meant to be. The curse of Wild Life or something!
Posts: 4419 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've just watched The Wild Life for the very first time, and it is indeed a fun, typical 80s, teen comedy with a killer cast, including Eric Stoltz,
Christopher Penn, Lea Thompson, Jenny Wright, and Ilan Mitchell-Smith. Written by Cameron Crowe (who also wrote Fast Times At Ridgemont High,
and eventually would go on to do Almost Famous), and directed by Art Linson (who served as producer on Fast Times At Ridgemont High).

Additionally, many familiar faces pop up throughout the movie, including Rick Moranis, Hart Bochner (Supergirl's crush), Sherilyn Fenn,
Randy Quaid, Lee Ving (Streets Of Fire), Michael Bowen (Tommy from Valley Girl), Ángel Salazar (one of Tony Montana's friends in Scarface),
Robert Ridgely (The Colonel from Boogie Nights), D!ck Rude (Duke from Repo Man), and Heart's Nancy Wilson (who was Cameron Crowe's
girlfriend at the time, and who'd get married in '86). The two strippers are played by Russ Meyer vixen Kitten Natividad and Ashley St. Jon,
who in The Wild Life looks a lot like Stevie Nicks did in the early 1980s.

The one thing that i thought was misplaced in The Wild Life was Randy Quaid's part as a Vietnam veteran who turns out to be a drug addict.
Quaid plays it fairly straight (surprisingly), and it just felt a bit too heavy-handed for this type of movie.

Earlier this year The Wild Life was released on dvd in the UK (along with Private School) by Final Cut Entertainment (as pictured above).
The disc features a solid anamorphic transfer. Unfortunately no extra's.

Posts: 2120 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Johnny, I agree , this was a fun movie and I want to rewatch it. I remember nothing in it except for that Vietnam scene with quaid. Funny , aye. I remember quaid getting extremely hacked off at ilan smith after he glorifies battle action in Vietnam.
Posts: 1579 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love The Wild Life and have the original UK VHS rental release of it from Universal Home Video and I never realised it had received a DVD release over here so cheers for the heads up Johnny as I have just gone and ordered myself a copy!

Terrific movie with an awesome cast (especially the late Chris Penn) and a great soundtrack!

Posts: 3464 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's Casual"
Posts: 63 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's Casual"
Posts: 63 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE The Wild Life! I met Ilan Mitchell-Smith a few years back at a movie con. He was beyond nice! I asked him about this movie and he seemed to have fond memories of it. He did say the reason this film has never gotten a proper release was because of the music rights and that Van Halen was a big part of the problem.

How ridiculous... You agree to do some score music for a film back in the early 80's, that wasn't even a hit and then you refuse to let your music be used when it comes time to give it a home video release? Dumb but while we're here, did anyone notice that in one scene, there's score music and it is absolutely the intro to what would become Van Halen's "Right Now?" Guess they were playing around with that tune for years before it was finished.

In any event, I would love to see this movie restored with a special edition Blu-ray release. You know Cameron Crowe has extra footage, deleted scenes, on set interviews, etc. Granted, it's not Fast Times but it's still worthwhile. The cast alone makes it golden!

Posts: 2229 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very underrated movie. I enjoy it as much as "Fast Times.."

-

Posts: 1535 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey CINDIMANCINI. How far into the movie is the van Halen right now music. I am totally into checking that out. Thanks
Posts: 1579 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
TerdNThePoolGGB

Eddie Van Halen - Donut City - The Wild Life

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Thanx Charles, I checked out the link you posted and researched a little and found this
http://www.vhnd.com/category/vh/the-wild-life/

Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
A good find, thanks for posting that [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home