iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » On The Right Track

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On The Right Track
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On The Right Track with Gary Coleman...obviously not a critically acclaimed movie, but this was one of my favs as a kid. I think it just happened to be one of those movie that played over and over on a movie channel we had...I watched it dozens of times.

Anyone know why this has never seen an official DVD release...or any of Gary Coleman`s movies for that matter...what gives....I have a VHS copy, but would like to see this get a release....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen this one kev. Perhaps I will check it out. As a kid I used to like The Kid with the Broken Halo starring Coleman also. You seen that one? I still have a VCR so I could still watch the Gary Coleman movies.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked this one kevdog. The VHS at one time was pretty scarse. The copy in my collection is in need of repair unfortunately, the tape itself came undone. Good luck finding it Bernie
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

i thought at first i had seen this one but looking at clips of it on youtube i don't think i have.

i watched one of gary coleman's early 80s comedies but i've got a feeling it was this one -

-
the kid with the 20 i.q a tv movie from 1983.

https://youtu.be/WEUSKNSzIec - clip from the kid with the 200 iq where gary coleman plays defender on an arcade machine.

[ 15. July 2015, 07:59: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

https://youtu.be/IOUFIARm42E - jimmy the kid trailer 1982

i think i might have seen this one as well actually,infact i'm positive i have but my memory of it is none to great.

anyone ever seen jimmy the kid starring gary coleman from 1982?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been looking far and wide for a decent copy of on the right track for years. I think it was one of those long box ones from the early 80's that got scuffed easily. I saw one years ago, but it was too dodgy to purchase. Who knows why this never made it to dvd. I seem to recall Jamie Gertz being in this one too.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie was released on vhs here in Finland but i´ve never seen it on sale. Maybe someday...
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven`t seen Broken Halo Bernie. Warrior...I remember liking the Kid With the 200 IQ, but barely remember it...same for Jimmy The Kid. I think those are the 3 that have stuck in my memory bank...On The Right Track, and the two listed above...gonna try to track the others down...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always liked the kid so his movies were fun to watch. Have seen most of his stuff but like kevdog it would be like watching something new since it has been so long.
Found a copy of On The Right Track in the basement and its going in the VCR right after the Legend of Billie Jean is over.

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your typo gave me a good laugh Warrior - The kid with the 20 IQ. Now that would be an interesting movie/sequel.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Your typo gave me a good laugh Warrior - The kid with the 20 IQ. Now that would be an interesting movie/sequel.

[Big Grin]

-

above a picture of gary coleman in the pretend sequel - the kid with the 20 iq

in this scene gary is asked - if you have 4 dollars and i was to take away 2 how many dollars would you be left with?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

hahaaaa Warrior! I know some folks you could cast in that film.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
The movie preview guy;

He was once known as The kid with the 200 IQ - but after an extensive frontal lobe lobotomy comes a zany comedy by Paramount. Don't miss The Kid with the 20 IQ. In cinemas this summer.

Yeah I could definitely recruit some people for the role too [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home