iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's movies that introduced you to a great song (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 80's movies that introduced you to a great song
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

https://youtu.be/jS4xKiS8Oa0 - In Your Eyes by Rational Youth which sounds very similar to something that O.M.D might have put out from the 1987 movie Crazy Moon starring Kiefer Sutherland and Vanessa Vaughan

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird Science by Oingo Boingo - Weird Science

Mirror Man by The Human League - The Wild Life

If You Leave by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink by The Psychedelic Furs - Pretty In Pink

Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds - The Breakfast Club

Do Anything by Pete Shelley - Some Kind Of Wonderful

In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel - Say Anything...

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StijnC007
Rewind Curious
Member # 37426

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for StijnC007   Email StijnC007   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH2UAsZsOLs

Living on the edge by Shandi

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StijnC007
Rewind Curious
Member # 37426

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for StijnC007   Email StijnC007   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiY1p2cNF0c

Fire With Fire by Wild Blue

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StijnC007
Rewind Curious
Member # 37426

Rate Member
Just discovered a new song: Animal Attraction by Jamie Bond from the Heavenly Kid soundtrack. Amazing song!!!
David_J
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet Freedom Running Scared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlLbF4NAuUE

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My kind of tunes, guys. Love ´em all and thanks for reminding.
Great movies too, i need to rewatch The Heavenly Kid asap!

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David J, I love Sweet Freedom, and the movie Running Scared!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So nobody wanted to mention Real Genius, and the closing credits? Not even with 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' by Tears For Fears?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I only just picked up a copy last week of Sweet Freedom on 7" vinyl,great song as is the opening credits track Running Scared by Fee Waybill - https://youtu.be/Hmr1osDSeBg .

Love Tears For Fears Paul and there track Everybody Wants To Rule The World,also Fire With Fire and Living On The Edge.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely think of Real Genius when I hear EWTRTWorld but it wasn't introduced to me from that movie. Its a great song and is at my #1 ranking at this time. It was released before the movie. Perhaps that is the reason nobody mentioned. Is it anybody elses favorite song?

The intro song to Real Genius would qualify for this topic for myself. I think its called You Took Advantage of Me.

[ 31. May 2016, 17:23: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Posts: 1991 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uncle Buck--Rhythm of Life, Hugh Harris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcdv7cJYV9Y

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
I definitely think of Real Genius when I hear EWTRTWorld but it wasn't introduced to me from that movie. Its a great song and is at my #1 ranking at this time. It was released before the movie. Perhaps that is the reason nobody mentioned. Is it anybody elses favorite song?

Currently my top song, and one we play in the band. This mash-up clip from a recent gig starts with it... [Smile]

Riser at the Victoria Arms

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I've always liked this cover of an old Buddy Holly song from the soundtrack of the ace 1986 music bio La Bamba about the life of Ritchie Valens.

https://youtu.be/dUX-EgwW_pE - Crying,Waiting,Hoping by Marshall Crenshaw

I think I might have mentioned this song elsewhere on the site but I think it belongs to this thread of 80s movie's that introduced you to great songs!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/9wmoI7ldMuc - Little Demon by Adrian Zmed from the awesome 1984 Tom Hank's comedy Bachelor Party.

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I love Number One from Chaz Jenkel from Real Genius. There are so many songs I love from movies. A current favorite is Dumb Things from Paul Kelly from Look Who's Talking.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

PG Rating - is that a misprint as there was fair old bit of Greta Scacchi romping around naked in this!

https://youtu.be/5Ey2RSYo-Y4 - Home For My Heart by Tm Finn from 1985's The Coca Cola Kid.

Plus https://youtu.be/OEVhX0EZh9w - The Coca Cola Jingle also by Tim Finn which would have been perfect as Coca Cola's actual advertising theme song!

[ 20. October 2016, 13:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/YWUpgzRK1vc -Set It Off by Strafe from 1987's The Principal

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/CYe2ayJyyEU - Restless Heart (Running Away With You) by John Parr from 1987's awesome Arnie action hit The Running Man.

[ 20. October 2016, 13:17: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Friday the 13th movies have actually introduced me to quite a few songs and bands I never heard of before hearing them in the movies. But one of my personal favorites has to be the great intro song from part 8 from the AOR band Metropolis.

-

Metropolis - The Darkest Side of the Night

[ 20. October 2016, 18:44: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cool song Pyro and the Friday movies did have some kick *** tunes!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finnish all star group The Local Band (members from Reckless Love/The 69 Eyes/Children of Bodom/Santa Cruz) covered The Darkest Side of the Night recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9T2j48Kbzo

Of course it doesn't quite match the original but it´s nice that people still remember this classic tune.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Finnish all star group The Local Band (members from Reckless Love/The 69 Eyes/Children of Bodom/Santa Cruz) covered The Darkest Side of the Night recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9T2j48Kbzo

Of course it doesn't quite match the original but it´s nice that people still remember this classic tune.

I dig Alexi from COB, easily one of the best guitarists of this era. But this cover is pretty weak compared to the original. But yeah, still cool that they know of the song and at least gave it a shot.

[ 21. October 2016, 20:48: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:

PG Rating - is that a misprint as there was fair old bit of Greta Scacchi romping around naked in this!

Australian PG reads "Not recommended for viewing or playing by people under 15 without guidance from parents or guardians.
Contains material that young viewers may find confusing or upsetting. The content is mild in impact."

So, i think that´s right on the money.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Last time i watched The Naked Gun i fell in love with Randy Newman tune "I Love L.A."
You can also hear it in Down and Out in Beverly Hills.

Here´s the fantastic video which includes the fellas from Toto who play on the track.

Randy Newman - I Love L.A.

I also bought the Trouble in Paradise (1983) cd, interesting and quirky album.

-

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home