iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What to watch on a Friday night?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to watch on a Friday night?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am contemplating having an all 80s night of movie watching. I am wanting to pick three movies that kind of have the same feel. For example, when you think of high school movies you automatically go to The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, and Sixteen Candles. What about beach movies???
I am thinking Shag, Hardbodies, and ????. I have just drawn a complete blank.

Can you help me think of some themed movies?? Action packed---romantic comedies, etc.........

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jessie i reckon shag,hardbodies and

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
romantic comedy night

-

mischief (1985)

-

the last american virgin (1982)

-

secret admirer (1985)

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
and how about a stephen king horror night

-

cat's eye (1985)

-

cujo (1983)

-

silver bullet (1985)

[ 30. April 2015, 10:14: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love doing a summer vacation theme around this time of year. It might be a little too early, but can be a teaser for the months to come.

Great Outdoors
Summer Rental
National Lampoon's Vacation

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
or a sports themed movie night

-

youngblood (1986)

-

vision quest (1984)

-

hoosiers (1986).

Great Outdoors
Summer Rental
National Lampoon's Vacation - that would definitely make for a great movie night gordongecko.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faces of Death collection.

If you don't have those then perhaps you would enjoy these
She-Devil with Roseanne Barr, an underrated flick IMO.
The Legend of Billie Jean and My Bodyguard

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like old times
Bull Durham
High Road to China

Winners Take All
RAD
Gleaming the Cube

[ 30. April 2015, 21:00: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Against all Odds
Vision Quest
Gotcha
Body Double

[ 30. April 2015, 21:01: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantasy/Adventure Theme

Willow (1988)
 -

The Neverending Story (1984)
 -

Ladyhawke (1985)
 -

[ 30. April 2015, 20:59: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Little Darlings
Meatballs two
Poison Ivy with mj Fox

Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my so many good ideas!!! I love them all, now I need to decide which one to choose. I love Secret Admirer this time of year.......
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Jessie. If you can let us know what you go with.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Young Warrior. I do love that combo. You could also do baseball theme:

Major League
Field of Dreams
Bull Durham

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Zany romantic comedies with some slapstick!!!

Blind Date and Money Pit!!!!!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

good choices Jessie. Always liked Blind Date.
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
For the life of me I cannot think of a third one that would have made my night complete???
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Perhaps Funny Farm would have completed the trio nicely
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Perhaps Funny Farm would have completed the trio nicely

Yeah funny farm would be a good choice as I reckon so would - better off dead or - loverboy with Patrick dempsey.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

ty Warrior. which do u like better Better off dead or Loverboy
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
I LOVE FUNNY FARM!!! That would have been a great fit!

I have not seen Blind Date, I don't think. I will have to check that out.

Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love Funny Farm too!! That would have been a good one. Gordon if you haven't seen Blind Date, you simply must!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home