iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Stepfather

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Stepfather
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking it with me tomorrow to Cindymancini's house, she has never seen it. She and I met Jill Schoelen a couple years ago. I love this movie. I remember watching it at a party that me and my room mate had back in 1987. It's a great movie.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this movie and Jill Schoelen too.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

awesome movie,have an imported australian blu ray release of it.

i don't dislike the second part,infact i rather enjoy it but it's the original that i consider to be the real classic.

https://youtu.be/7VD9l3vjpJA - run between the raindrops by pat benatar (as featured
on the soundtrack) fan made video with scenes from the stepfather.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the first one is great and the second one is pretty good too. Still haven´t seen the third film.
Check out The Stepfather trilogy thread for more comments.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved this little horror flick!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Stepfather is such a terrific film. Alfred Hitchcock would've loved it. What a great pedigree the film has: good director in Joe Reuben, written by ace mystery novelists Brian Garfield and Donald E. Westlake, and, of course, Terry O'Quinn in his signature role. The film is well done, but O'Quinn's performance is fantastic. He's completely believable as one of those "he seemed quiet and kept to himself" serial killers and really sells the film. That opening scene where after his morning ritual he walks down the steps, past the child's bloody handprint on the wall and the carnage, and out the door to his new life is chilling and unforgettable.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree that "The Stepfather" was an amazing & disturbing movie. Terry O'Quinn was fantastic in this as the psychopath who was able to "hide" his real persona - at least for a while.

The film is so obscure that I doubt it would even have been released on DVD - if if hadn't been for O'Quinn's being re-discovered in the excellent 200X TV drama "Lost".

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home