iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Born to Be Sold (1981)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Born to Be Sold (1981)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A social worker tries to break up a ring of crooks who buy new-born babies from teen-aged mothers
and sell them to couples who can't obtain them through legal adoption channels." (IMDb)

This was a decent educational tv-movie meant to cause a sensation. There´s a writing in the end of the film which says that this is everyday life in modern america.

While the movie is only decent, i found the cast very interesting:
70s Wonder Woman series star Lynda Carter plays the worried social worker.
Donna Wilkes (from the ´84 classic "Angel") is Cindy, a 14 year teen who is pregnant and starts having second thoughts about the selling of her baby.
Harold Gould is the evil baby broker, Dean Stockwell his manic helper and Philip Sterling plays sergeant Prill.

Carter looks pretty and is determined to get the bad guys, she even puts her day job on the line.
Wilkes is the reason i bought the tape in the first place and she does a good job.
However, i think that most people will feel that the film lacks some punch and recommend Born to Be Sold only for fans of the cast and early 80s tv-films in general.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home