iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » Ŧ 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny b. good with Anthony Michael hall.
I liked this movie and Halls one liners.

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This is about the second time in a few months I've watched 1984's - the sure thing,such a fun film,john cusack and Daphne zuniga are really likeable here and it's one of those films I could just watch over and over again.

Would like to upgrade to the blu ray at some point as I had this on vhs,now for a long time the DVD so next step should be the blu.

Definitely an 80s classic!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Johnny B. Good but i know most people donīt.
Hall and Downey Jr. mustīve been under some kind of influence during the making of this film [Big Grin]

I also like The Sure Thing and should rewatch it asap! I have scandi blu-ray/dvd combo but iīve yet to see the blu version.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally agree, Warrior. It's my favourite John Cusack movie.

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Completely agree with you folks. The Sure Thing is on my list also.

You know, its funny how a person's opinion about a movie is completely different after viewing it 20+ years apart. For instance, Johnny b good and Say Anything. I saw them at the theatre when they were released and thought they were ok but viewed them recently and I loved both of them. Then there are the ones I thought were great back then that really suck now.

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Completely agree with you folks. The Sure Thing is on my list also.

You know, its funny how a person's opinion about a movie is completely different after viewing it 20+ years apart. For instance, Johnny b good and Say Anything. I saw them at the theatre when they were released and thought they were ok but viewed them recently and I loved both of them. Then there are the ones I thought were great back then that really suck now.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched City Heat (1984).

Iīve been avoiding this film because itīs so universally slammed but hey, iīve seen much worse.
Then again, itīs not a good movie either. The overall feel is a bit dull and the plot is a mess. Johnny Dangerously did this much better.
I like the cast, the production values seem ok and thereīs few great one-liners.
Burt Reynolds had a bad accident during the shooting of this film and his career was never quite the same after that.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"The discovery of a severed human ear found in a field leads a young man on an investigation related to a beautiful, mysterious nightclub singer and a group of psychopathic criminals who have kidnapped her child."

Blue Velvet (1986)

Classic Lynch!

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Midnight Madness from Disney(1980)with Michael J Fox(his 1st movie), David Naughton and Eddie Deezon.
5 different teams are given a clue and they must decifer that clue to get to the next clue till finally reaching the finish line. Fun movie.
Midnight Madness is actually played in some parts of the country.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Moving w/Richard Pryor. Rae Dawn Chong was amazing looking.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love Midnight Madness and really need to rewatch that one.

I remember seeing Moving back in the 80s. Agree that Rae Dawn Chong is very pretty actress so this is another one i need to revisit.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Barf and Fagabeefy guy crack me up
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breakin' 2 ; Electric Boogaloo (1984)

Light as a feather, but likable sequel which was shot back-to-back with the original Breakin' (both 1984).

Kelly once again joins forces with breakdancing duo Ozone and Turbo to save the local community center
from being torn down.
Along the way they must deal with rival dancers, class struggles, and an annoying real estate developer..
A flimsy love story is included.. or actually there are two : Ozone's jealous ex-girlfriend and Turbo's cute love-crush..
Several dance routines that border on the surreal (including a scene that was clearly the inspiration for
Lionel Richie's Dancing On The Ceiling video which came out in '85).. Ice T shows up once again to do
some old school rappin'.. and for some reason nunchucks found their way into this movie as well.

-

I liked the Hispanic girl that Turbo has a crush on. She's cute, but barely has any dialogue.
According to the Imdb Sabrina García only did two movies : Breakin' 2 and Body Rock (also 1984).

Directed by Sam Firstenberg, right between Revenge Of The Ninja and Ninja III ; The Domination.

Breakin' 2 is harmless, charming, and entertaining.. I like it, still do.. after all these years ! [Smile]

[ 13. October 2015, 05:17: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Rae Dawn Chong still do acting? She was very cute. I remember her from Soul Man, and she was briefly married to C. Thomas Howell.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I don't know Pittsburghgirl but in Moving she had a little extra beauty than any other time i have seen her.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Still donīt own Electric Boogaloo [Frown]

Watched Desert Rats (1988) yesterday. Itīs one of those pilot films for a tv show that never was.
Itīs an easy-going story of a local rebel Joshua Bodeen (Scott Plank) who stops a bank robber and wakes up next morning as a small town sheriff.
Scott was a cool dude and i remember him from The In Crowd (also 1988) and Michael Mann film L.A. Takedown (1989) which is of course the original Heat. Too bad that Plank died in a crash in the early 00s.
The other stars are Scott Paulin, Diedrich Bader, Geoffrey Lewis, Mark Thomas Miller and supercute Eva LaRue.
Nice Arizona locations and cool score from the ever reliable J. Peter Robinson.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you'd like to see Breakin' or Breakin' 2 (or re-visit them), i can easily recommend the Shout Factory blu-ray :

-

I had tons of fun with this disc.. seriously ! [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This was pretty good for a laugh the 1986 comedy - the boss' wife starring Daniel stern,Christopher Plummer,fisher Stevens and martin mull.

Had never seen this one before and whilst it was no classic it still had a really fun feel to it all and enough laughs to leave a big smile on your face come the films end!

A fair bit of nudity as well from the very attractive arielle dombasle and a fun performance from fisher stevens as carlos a camp and very crude photographer.

7/10.

[ 14. October 2015, 16:58: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Itīs a pretty good film, Fisher Stevens is great which reminds me that i need to rewatch My Science Project soon!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Itīs a pretty good film, Fisher Stevens is great which reminds me that i need to rewatch My Science Project soon!

A fun film atomik but boy does it need a decent release,the DVD version has such a crummy picture transfer and in full screen as well and the audio is pretty bad also.

A lot of touchstone pictures productions seem to now be let out to budget distributor mill creek who's releases are all over the place when it comes to quality control so I'm not holding my breath!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Pale Rider (1985) the other night.

"A gold mining camp in the California foothills is besieged by a neighboring landowner intent on stealing their claims.
A preacher rides into camp and uses all of his powers of persuasion to convince the landowner to give up his attacks on the miners". (IMDb)

Itīs a good film with some enjoyable dialog and cool violence but itīs not quite as good as High Plains Drifter which it much resembles.
Clint is actually a ghost with a revenge in mind.
Eastwood took a big risk with this one because westers were not "hot" after the failure of Heavenīs Gate (1980). However, the film was a success.

Love the locations!
 -

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"Violence, murder and terror become everyday occurrences in Little Tokyo. The tiny Japanese American community is taken over in an iron-fisted reign of terror by the infamous Yakuza organization.
Yakuza mobsters extort money from the residents for the privilege of staying alive. One maverick detective and the brother of a dead Yakuza victim form their own counter death squad to fight the Yakuza.
The detective and the surviving brother resort to every from of counter-terrorism, every weapon available, to stop the sinister Yakuza." (IMDb)

Watched Overkill (1987) which was written and directed by Ulli Lommel.

Damn this was a bad film [Smile] I bet itīs funny after youīve taken few beers but i was very clean and very sober [Big Grin]
The guy who edited this film must be one of the worst in the business. Also, the musical score (pretty decent synth stuff) starts and stops randomly. Overall, this is just very bad filmmaking.
The lead actor Steve Rally is Playgirl's Man of the Year 1985 and takes his shirt off even when heīs ready to drink some milk! Crazy stuff [Big Grin]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Watched Pale Rider (1985) the other night.

"A gold mining camp in the California foothills is besieged by a neighboring landowner intent on stealing their claims.
A preacher rides into camp and uses all of his powers of persuasion to convince the landowner to give up his attacks on the miners". (IMDb)

Itīs a good film with some enjoyable dialog and cool violence but itīs not quite as good as High Plains Drifter which it much resembles.
Clint is actually a ghost with a revenge in mind.
Eastwood took a big risk with this one because westers were not "hot" after the failure of Heavenīs Gate (1980). However, the film was a success.

Love the locations!
 -

Pale Rider is classic! I actually prefer this to High Plains Drifter but mentioning that to my brother is like blasphemy. High Plains Drifter is one of his favourite movies. There are some classic Clint one liners in both [Smile]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I love pale rider and high plains drifter,I found this footage on YouTube of a BBC film review program I used to really like watching which at that time was known as - film 85 which featured a guy known as Barry Norman.

Anyhow on this episode he reviewed pale rider and check out the review and tell me if you think there is something slightly wrong with the second film clip he shows at 3 minutes 5 seconds [Big Grin] -
https://youtu.be/DRx-Rrq3FTs

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the cute girl was the directors first choice for the role of Club but then ultimately decided on the less fitting, Richard Kiel for the part. I dunno.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home