iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 37)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
Pghgirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37571

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Witchboard was a good flick. I never touched a oija board again. We used to play around with one that was my Great Grandmothers
Posts: 17 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's a decent spooker. I remember I was about 13 and had a girl coming over, so I rented Witchboard in hopes that she would be too scared to go home at night and stay the night... it worked. And that's th story of how Jay lost his V card [Smile]
Posts: 1318 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Switching Channels (1988)

This sort of His Girl Friday/The Front Page remake is not among Burt Reynolds´ best films. I´m sure it was meant to be witty and funny but misses the target.
Kathleen Turner and Reynolds hated each other and Christopher Reeve has also regretted making the film believing he made a fool of himself.
Well he did and what´s most fun is that his character happens to suffer from acrophobia [Big Grin]

Posts: 7342 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't remember much from Switching Channels which from your description Atomik may be for good reason but I absolutely love both The Gate and Witchboard.

-

I laughed my *** off through most of this idiotic 1984 comedy (what I have viewed before but way back) which contains about every type of bad taste joke going plus features a theme song that now feels like it is permanently lodged in my head due to the fact that they more or less play it on repeat throughout its 81 minutes running time!

Not familiar with the lead - actor/stand up comedian Murray Langston but he's a lot of fun here though i can sort of picture him now in the 1985 comedy Stitches which I watched just a little while back but still there's a lot of well known faces here as you have the likes of Linda Blair who we all know from the Exorcist,Billy Barty (Willow) as a midget Police Captain who keeps breaking wind all the time plus brief appearance's by Andrew Dice Clay,Sydney Lassick and a bizzare but thankfully for his sake at the time short role for the late great Pat Morita as a male rape victim with a dubbed female voice over .

Yeah i did say it was weird!😁

Not going to fully recommend this to everyone as many no doubt will probably hate it but personally speaking I found it to be a pretty entertaining comedy with some big laughs along the way! 7/10

https://youtu.be/RrHfHHHoL5c Night Patrol trailer (1984).

[ 12. September 2018, 10:44: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3503 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watched this again tonight. A great movie with a lot of subtle oddity in it in various forms.
The Smiths were a weird family. Curtis Armstrong was hilarious and Diane Franklin was just great as Monique. A great movie worth many replays.

"2 DOLLARS"

Posts: 73 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watched this last night, it was good. The story was people went on this plane journey and robotic replicents are sent back in their place.

Catherine Mary Stewart looked good as one of the Robots

-

Posts: 73 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night Patrol is crazy fun and i´ve always liked Better off Dead.

I also like the made-for-tv film Annihilator. Here´s the finnish vhs cover sheet:

-

Posts: 7342 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Never seen this before and I rather enjoyed it overall i thought it was a good fun with some big laughs at times plus a terrific cast on display it has a lot of British comedic talent including Adrian Edmondson,Jennifer Saunders,Nigel Planer,Peter Richardson,Keith Allen,Dawn French,Robbie Coltrane and Alexi Sayle as a crazy motorcycle cop!

Loved the Devonshire settings as well especially the main location of Hope Cove (Below) a picturesque little seaside village in the Southern part of Devon plus there's a distinct 80s feel to it all with Adrian Edmondson wearing a really hideous looking red Michael Jackson style jacket that couldn't have possibly come from any other decade than the 1980s!

-
(Above) Hope Cove Devon the main location shoot for The Supergrass.

Soundtrack is decent also with Frankie Goes To Hollywood,Ian Dury,Phyllis Nelson,Grace Jones amongst others.

A fun 90 odd minutes I liked it! 7.5/10

https://youtu.be/YPFmcswhWeU - short Behind The Scenes video for 1985's The Supergrass

https://youtu.be/jZdnq_t53hY - The Supergrass (1985) trailer.

[ 17. September 2018, 13:03: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3503 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
The Executioner picture is hilarious. It's like someone poked two holes in a poster and then used that.

I'm watching this now, it's a fun time:

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
^^ I saw The Supergrass back in the late 80s and enjoyed everything Comic Strip did back then.

^ Never seen Real Men but i do own the film. One of these days...

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Brimstone & Treacle (1982)

This was a cool and wicked film based on a play written by Dennis Potter.
Starring Sting, Denholm Elliott, Joan Plowright and Suzanna Hamilton.

Loved the overall strange atmosphere (it´s a Potter film so that didn´t surprise me) and the excellent performances from the cast.
The soundtrack composed by Sting and performed by The Police is fantastic! The Go-Go´s and Squeeze tunes rocked too. Recommended!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Physical Evidence (1989)

This was a pretty poor late 80s thriller directed by Michael Crichton, starring Burt Reynolds, Theresa Russell and Ned Beatty.

Nothing much happens but damn Kay Lenz (in a small role) looked good! [Cool]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Nothing Personal (1980)

A teacher )Donald Sutherland) reluctantly hires an inexperienced lawyer (Suzanne Somers) to halt
the construction on a breeding ground of an endangered species of seals.

Rather forgettable romantic comedy with an environmental theme and some mild thriller elements.
Sutherland and Somers are good though, and there are some familiar faces (including Lawrence Dane,
Dabney Coleman, Catherine O'Hara, Chief Dan George, and Eugene Levy) in supporting roles.

Posts: 2123 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Gojira aka Godzilla 1985 aka The Return of Godzilla (1984)

Watched this "back to basics" Godzilla film, it was infact the americanized New World Pictures version with heavy Dr. Pepper product placement and cold war silliness.
They didn´t ruin everything though because it still has lots of cool "zilla destroys cities" action and nature strikes back message.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Huang jia shi jie aka Yes, Madam aka Police Assassins (1985)

Yes, Madam is a great action comedy directed by Corey Yuen, starring Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock with many legendary Hong Kong faces.
There´s lots of HK humour in this one (i know some people can´t stand it) and the action sequences are first rate material. Recommended!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KRUSH GROOVE. 1985
I enjoyed this one. Had lots of well known bands in it. RUN DMC Sheila E, the FAT BOYS, Kurtis Blow, New Edition.
$3 million budget. Grossed $11 million

Posts: 1594 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ray Peterson   Email Ray Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maximum Overdrive---AWFUL! 1* out of 5*

Cat's Eye---Pretty good. 3* out of 5*

Posts: 31 | From: The Burbs | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Max Overdrive is bad but I still enjoy it, its the 80s feel.
Budget:$10,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend USA: $3,205,644, 27 July 1986
Gross USA: $7,433,663

I watched ROLLING VENGEANCE 1987. Not great but I like this one. Ned Beatty looked ridiculous.

Posts: 1594 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Love Maximum Overdrive, entertaining 80s craziness [Smile]

Don´t have Rolling Thunder but i´ve seen Ned Beatty in so many bad roles lately i´m thinking how did he get to work so much?
Well, Burt Reynolds was his friend so that helped.

Pghgirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37571

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg Rolling Vengeance is so bad it's bad!
Posts: 17 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I love Maximum Overdrive,Cat's Eye is terrific as well,Rolling Vengeance is the only one I don't own and whilst it has its faults it's not a bad watch overall!

Also from this page have seen Godzilla 1985, Physical Evidence and Real Men,can remember enjoying Real Men but have little memory of the other two to give an opinion!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Millionaires Express aka Shanghai Express (1986)

A decent film directed by and starring Sammo Hung.
A bit all over the place style-wise: epic western, silly comedy, martial arts action and adventure... u name it.
Huge cast though and includes few cool moments.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

i think I may have seen Shanghai Ex in the 80s but cant recall a thing about it.

Just finished Barbarian Queen. Lana Clarkson was the highlight of this unfantastic flick. She is still hot to
this day.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

The in-laws came over and everyone suggested we watch a film so I grabbed a random bunch of movies from my collection and we all opted for 1986's Iron Eagle which to this very day I still find an absolute blast to watch despite how daft the plot can feel at times!

Lou Gossett Jr. Is ace and Jason Gedrick who was great in the prior years Heavenly Kid and The Zoo Gang also turns in a likeable performance,Shawnee Smith (The Blob remake) I also noticed here I think for the very first time with this viewing and she looks really young and more so than the 17 years she was at the time !

Some of the dialogue spouted by David Suchet is hilariously bad but I suppose what's that matter when it's such an enjoyable flick that features some truly outstanding aerial footage plus a killer soundtrack!

Definite crowd pleaser 8/10

https://youtu.be/b79Ek7Yeerw - Iron Eagle TV spot sadly not of very good quality!

https://youtu.be/eyiTvbXcXC0 - The one track everyone associates with Iron Eagle and that is Queens One Vision.

[ 03. November 2018, 05:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Hot Splash (1988)

"A drug dealer sends his goons after a surfer after he messes up his business. His three surfer friends, one of them a girl, must rescue him before the upcoming surfing contest." (IMDb)

Uneven but fun T&A comedy with quite unknown cast.
Not among the greatest of it´s genre but lots of 80s fashion, partying, upbeat tunes, nice Florida scenery and hot bodies on offer here.

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home