iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 35)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barbara Crampton is a petite little thing, but she sure is great in these sexy roles. I think it's because she's fearless/confident in her nudity. Just look at Re-Animator.
Posts: 2105 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Year of the Dragon (1985)
A Night in Heaven (1983)

Posts: 3817 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Battle Beyond the Stars (1980)

"A young farmer sets out to recruit mercenaries to defend his peaceful planet, which is under threat of invasion by the evil tyrant Sador and his armada of aggressors." (IMDb)

Watched this Roger Corman´s "Seven Samurai in space" film and i have to say that i´m a bit disappointed.
Love the low-budget sfx and all that but it´s just too much a family film. I was expecting a little rougher stuff from Corman.

Sybil Danning with her sexy outfits is easily the best part of the film [Big Grin]

Posts: 7287 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ray Peterson   Email Ray Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's Having A Baby (1988)

I enjoyed this film very much, a first time view for me despite wanting to see it years now.
It's one of those that "slipped through the net" during my childhood spent ingesting 80's films in the mid to late 80's and into the 90's. I love discovering new old films from the era and this was gold. Kevin Bacon is great as ever, and it's got that 80's feel I adore.

4/5

Posts: 28 | From: The Burbs | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^

A movie made better by the inclusion of this Kate Bush song:

This Woman's Work

I think I'll watch it tonight.

Posts: 1529 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I enjoy She's Having A Baby as I do all of John Hughes other 80s directorial efforts as he made some real classics during that decade and infact the only one of his that I've never checked out is Curly Sue from 1991 which plot wise doesn't quite grab me like the others do but saying that I do like Jim Belushi so I might give it a go one day!

Awesome Kate Bush track there j2me and there was some seriously great music on the majority of John Hughes movies!

[ 12. July 2018, 07:15: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3464 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ray Peterson   Email Ray Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just ordered Stephen King box with Maximum Overdrive and the wonderful Silver Bullet on Amazon. So two more classics to watch as soon as the Postie pops them in my letter box!
Posts: 28 | From: The Burbs | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MovieRob
Rewind Curious
Member # 37559

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MovieRob   Email MovieRob   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This past week I watched Real Genius and introduced a couple friends to one my my all time faves: The Sure Thing.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to fastrewind MovieRob!
Real Genius ranx #2 on my favorite movies.

Posts: 1575 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely love Silver Bullet Ray and Maximum Overdrive is great fun as well,is that the same box set that features Cat's Eye? as that's also a really good watch!

The Sure Thing I consider a classic MovieRob and I also loved his dafter comedies Better Off Dead,Hot Pursuit and One Crazy Summer as well!

Posts: 3464 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to The Rewind Movie Rob and Ray Peterson!
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heartbeeps (1981)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082507/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"Val and Aqua are two household servant robots who start feeling emotions for each other.
After falling in love, they decide to escape from their servitude and attempt to start a family of their own." (IMDb)

This was an interesting film directed by Allan Arkush (Rock´n Roll High School, Get Crazy etc.).
Starring Andy Kaufman, Bernadette Peters, Randy Quaid and Kenneth McMillan among others.

Yeah it´s mostly aimed for kids, damn slow and a box-office disaster.
But at the same time it´s very sympathetic, the cast did quite well and i love the Stan Winston make-up work (He was one of the nominees for the inaugural Academy Award for Best Makeup in 1982, losing to An American Werewolf in London).

Posts: 7287 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Watched The Survivors (1983) and Megaforce (1982)

The Survivors is a decent comedy directed by Michael Ritchie starring Robin Williams, Walter Matthau and Jerry Reed.
I liked the first half of the film but after that Wiliams gets so OTT that he becomes a bit annoying.

Megaforce is stupid but fun actioner directed by Hal Needham who did the Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit films.
This movie never takes itself too seriously and the great cast just play along.

Lots of old school effects, stunts, vehicles, weapons, shooting and explosions and get this: nobody dies! [Big Grin]
It´s just fun in the sun (shot in Nevada desert) and of course it was a box office bomb [Big Grin]

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always found Robin Williams a real chore to watch and remember struggling to get through this one.

Megaforce was fun cheese when I was a kid, don't think I've seen it since.

Posts: 1317 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Star 80 a superb 1983 drama based on the tragic true story of playmate model of the year Dorothy Stratten who was brutally murdered at the hands of her insanely jealous husband/manager Paul Snider.

Grim but rivetting movie with terrific performances from all involved especially Eric Roberts who for me has never been better as Dorothy's low life of a husband Paul Snider and the final scenes here played out in the actual apartment where the murder/suicide took place makes for quite harrowing viewing and I'd say certainly leaves you on a quite a low come the end credits!

Could not be better cast or directed in my opinion it's one terrific movie but one that I do rarely visit because it's such a tragic depressing story! 8.5/10

https://youtu.be/wEXOAULm-Xk - Star 80 trailer (1983).

One last thing about Star 80 is that the music score was awesome but i sadly can't seem to find it anywhere bar the movies trailer that is!

Stir Crazy I absolutely adore and have watched countless times over the years and it still never fails to crack me up!

Pryor and Wilder are at there best here and the movie is full of crazy characters such as Grossberger an absolute behemoth of a man played by the late actor Erland Van Lidth (only 34 when he passed back in 87) who many will recognise from The Wanderers and his final movie appearance as Dynamo in Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Running Man.

For fans of the movie the Blu Ray might be thread bare with no extras not even a trailer but the picture quality is top notch and is definitely the best I have ever seen it look over the years and at cheap enough price I would say it's a must own for your collection's! 8.5/10

https://youtu.be/-K_f7BSTOQY - Stir Crazy trailer (1980).

Next I'm going to revisit See No Evil Hear No Evil which while not up there with Stir Crazy is still a blast to watch and holds a special place with me because it's one I went to watch with me old school buddies at the theatres upon its release back in 1989!

[ 22. July 2018, 12:31: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Rewatched Fletch (1985) and Fletch Lives (1989)

Fletch is still superfun stuff, Chevy in his best role throwing one-liners and all kind of gibberish plus i just love the Harold Faltermeyer score.

Like the sequel too although it´s not quite as good as the original.

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm one of the few people who actually like the sequel better.... but not by much.
Posts: 1317 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixteen Candles (1984) (rewatch)
Permanent Record (1988)

Posts: 3817 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Adventures of Bob & Doug McKenzie: Strange Brew (1983)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086373/

A bit disappointing film this one because it didn´t make me laugh.
Basically it should be fun. We have two loser brothers Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas (those hosers!), lots of beer, Max von Sydow with his evil plan, canadian silliness and overall crazy behaviour.

Maybe i should´ve taken a sip everytime the brothers on the screen did [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
St. Helens (1981)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083117/

"Dramatization of the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens. The movie begins with the volcano's awakening on March 20 and ends with its eruption on May 18, 1980." (IMDb)

This was solid made for HBO disaster film with cool cast including David Huffman, Art Carney and Tim Thomerson among others.
The score was composed by the band Goblin which was surprising. They usually made music for italian horror films.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched the second feature Hollywood Airforce aka Weekend Warriors (right side of the cover) which whilst less raunchy than the other feature Up The Military aka Basic Training featured bigger laughs and a higher calibre of cast with the likes of Lloyd Bridges,Chris Lemmon,Matt McCoy (Deep Star Six) and Daniel Greene who played the cyborg in the fun Sergio Martino directed flick Hands Of Steel and also made an appearance in the other 80s T&A comedy flick I have just got done watching and that was 1985's Stitches.

Really enjoyed this one as I did the other feature on here Up The Military as it's got some good though admittedly juvenile humour throughout and there is also a bit of nudity here and there plus the fact that it's set in the 1960s means there's some pretty decent tunes from that decade featured on the soundtrack!

A fun 90 minutes that leaves you with a big grin on your face at the sheer stupidity of it all! 7/10

Couldn't find a trailer but have found you this crazy clip of Daniel Greene and his as the YouTube poster has described it nuclear powered farts! - https://youtu.be/FMIObEwzbYI

Also watched -

-

1985 Sci-Fi Horror Titan Find aka Creature from director William Malone (House On Haunted Hill) which was not bad and despite obviously being shot on a relatively low budget I feel that they still managed to do a more than competent job with the set designs plus it contained some pretty well done gore effects throughout and for me the only real disappointment was the actual Creature itself as it looked so goddamned goofy looking at times that it was laughable!

Co star Klaus Kinski was certainly scarier!

https://youtu.be/yareXeHjy30 - Titan Find aka Creature trailer (1985).

Not bad low budget Sci-Fi/Horror 6.5/10

[ 07. August 2018, 05:46: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

R Deckard
Rewind Curious
Member # 37565

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for R Deckard         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Dune Sunday. I find it interesting this is a movie that is either loved or hated. I personally love it.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ba Wong Fa aka Top Squad aka The Inspector Wears Skirts (1988)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094694/

"Madame Wu (Sibelle Hu) has been assigned to the Hong Kong Police Academy to train female Banshee Squad Members, next door to the male Tiger Squad Members lead by Inspector Kan (Shui-Fan Fung).
After internal conflicts and courting mishaps, the squad members were ordered to band together to round up a gang of thieves at a convention." (IMDb)

This is a Hong Kong action comedy with lots of Police Academy style stupid humour and jokes.

Cynthia Rothrock also stars and i really liked the great opening sequence and the final fight with Jeffrey Falcon as the cool crime boss but there´s a bit too much over the top HK craziness during the middle part.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood Air Force and Up the Military look fantastic.
I have not seen DUNE. Is it worth a watch?

I watched REFORM SCHOOL GIRLS. If you like many many girls lounging around in bras and panties then this is right up your ally. Stars the late Wendi O Williams. You remember her? The raspy voiced singer who must have been hot at all times cause she barely put any clothes on in public.

Also caught Maximum Overdrive and NO WAY OUT(Highly recommended)

Posts: 1575 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Reform School Girls is trashy but fun and I love Maximum Overdrive as well plus No Way Out is a good thriller with a great cast!

You've been watching some cool films there Terd and i've never seen Dune either but it does look interesting!

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home