iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this film. 1988 Cant Buy Me Love.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Battle for the Lost Planet (1986)

I've had this video for some time now but only just got around to watching it today.

The first 30 mins were very hard to watch, the special effects were shocking and the sets were really bad. It improved a little when the story moved on but not by much.

The acting was bad, I think Matt Miller who play the protagonist was the only one who has had acting lessons. The sound effects were also bad, at one point when a fully clothed person was punched in the side they played a smacking sound.

Some of the actions throughout the movie made no sense with inconsistencies that were laughable, I'm pretty sure they had no one in charge of continuity. One of the scenes had the dialog of "Just wait 5 minutes then attack" "I don't have a watch" "OK just count to 3,000"

I could go on about how bad this movie was, some movies are soo bad they are good, this isn't one of them for me.

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! I've never seen this but i read some of the reviews on IMDB and many shared your opinion but some thought it was well worth watching.

I tried watching PLUMP Fiction. Yeah Plump, not pulp fiction. I couldn't get into it. EJECT

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not seen Plump Fiction, it doesn't get rave reviews, although I do like the films it parodies so may take a look 😀
Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I hope its better for you Hoff. I filed my vhs copy under "lump of coal".

I watched Hiding Out with Jon cryer. Favorite line is when someone says their old car has the original brakes. Lol

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've recently watched the Police Academy films, a couple for the first time. And this has to be the most consistently consistent franchise for just doing the same thing and gags over and over and not getting tiring. Had a ball [Big Grin] Looking forward to seeing G.W. Bailey and Lance Kinsey at the Comic Con this weekend [Big Grin]

Part 2 - 8/10
Part 1 - 8/10
Part 4 - 8/10
Part 5 - 8/10
Part 3 - 7/10
Part 7 - 7/10
Part 6 - 6/10

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Always liked the guy that does the sound effects. A lot of likeable characters.
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
The Devastator 1986

I don't remember ever watching this, maybe I subconsciously blocked it out.

It was a revenge movie with a bit of the A-Team in there, I think the character who played Ox was going for a cross between Murdock and BA, to me it didn't sit well, I guess it was supposed to be a bit of humour but didn't work.

The main proganists were relatable but some of the action scenes were pretty poor in their editing as well as the ending which was premature, I think they got to a point and thought oh well that'll do.

4/10

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen The Devastator which was called The Destroyers here in Finland. Probably just another Cirio H. Santiago vehicle but i kinda enjoy those.
I see that former T&A star Katt Shea (My Tutor, Hollywood Hot Tubs) is among the cast, she became a director later in the 80s.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've watched The Devastator some years ago shortly after the Code Red dvd came out, and i remember thinking that if i had seen this back when i was
10 years old, i probably would have considered it to be one of the most awesome films ever made. It's got zero character depth and non-stop action. [Big Grin]

Unfortunately for me i saw The Devastator for the first time when i was in my early fourties, and yeah.. i have to agree with TheHoff that it suffers from
sloppy editing to the point where it gets really distracting. It still is reasonably entertaining for what it is, but Cirio could do better.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen S. That is awesome
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Looker for the first time since the early 80s when I saw it on cable and I thought it was ok for what it was. I generally like Albert Finney and Susan Dey was one of my early crushes.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen, what a great time watching all the Police Academy movies. Love it! Brings me back to my childhood. My brother and I used to watch them all the time.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO OLD FRIEND!!! I thought I would pop in since it has been awhile! I have truly missed this site and all of the friends!

Last 80s movie that I watched was: The Brood

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Helen S. That is awesome

Their Q and A was absolutely hilarious, had a great time [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
Helen, what a great time watching all the Police Academy movies. Love it! Brings me back to my childhood. My brother and I used to watch them all the time.

Rewatch [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Always liked the guy that does the sound effects. A lot of likeable characters.

He is fantastic. I noticed he did Gremlins sounds too [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hi Jessie [Smile]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again Jessie!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Last week, I watched I’m Dancing As Fast As I Can. Starring Jill Clayburgh. The true story about Emmy winning documentary filmmaker Barbara Gordon’s Valium addiction and her desperate attempts to kick the habit. I really didn’t enjoy this. I thought her acting was over the top in parts. Or is this how drug addicts behave in real life? I normally like her movies, but this one just didn’t do it for me. Not your typical 80’s movie either.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessie! Great to have you back and I hope you are doing well! Hopefully you'll be around a little more often [Smile]

I just watched Summer Rental with the kids the other night. They liked it quite a bit. They enjoy John Candy so it was easier to talk them in to letting Dad pick an old movie. I remember watching Summer Rental as a kid but haven't seen it in 10-15 years probably. Still solid but nowhere near as good as Great Outdoors, when it comes to John Candy taking his family on vacation movies!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Summer Rental is fun stuff especially when Candy gets burnt up like a lobster and the free show by Vic tobaks old lady.

How do you feel about Armed and Dangerous gordongecko?

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
I've never seen Armed and Dangerous. Just watched the trailer. I need to get on that soon!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Weekend at Bernie's. This has held up rather well.

Also saw The Shining in its entirety for the first time. It was good but not as good as the hype imo ala Ferris bueller. Great scenery. From what I read the Lookout hotels exterior
shots are the timberline hotel located at the bottom of Mount Hood in Oregon. I'd like to check it out on a trip to Oregon someday. Its an hour outside of Portland Oregon. After checking it out you could shoot over to Astoria and check out some Goonies action.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Stepfather - Such a fun Autumn set horror that I hadn't seen in years. Terry O'Quinn and Jill Schoelen really bring it. Never quite goes above that opening scene though with those bloody bodies laying all around, delicious [Big Grin] 8/10

Jack The Ripper - I vaguely remember watching this 2 parter when I was a kid. It's pretty glorious in looks and feel. Very dark with sprinkles of wicked humour throughout. Michael Caine is cracking here as is Lewis Collins. 8/10

The Caller - This was a brilliant 2 person horror with a masterclass of acting by them both. I don't think I've seen Madolyn in anything before, she looked freakishly like Ashley Laurence. The way her and McDowell just had me gripped from the moment they meet. The film only lost me a little when it left the property otherwise it was a total thrill. I thought I had the twist pegged part way through and I couldn't have been anymore wrong. I did not see that ending coming at all. It was insane!! 9/10

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home