iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaws 3 - I don't even wanna talk about this. This was the sequel I watched the most as a kid. I always knew it was crap but then and the times I've viewed it since it was at least entertaining crap. Today I can't think of one redeeming feature other than maybe the hilarious slo mo faces just before the shark crashes through the glass. Runs off to cry [Frown]
Posts: 3807 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that in the theatre in 3-D. It was still a crummy experience.
Posts: 2043 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha [Smile]

Jaws 4 - So call me crazy but this is now my favourite of the sequels! I know with my rating of 5/10 that's not really saying much like. First off it just looks friggin' stunning. Gorgeous! And the shark looks a ton better than part 3. Yeah the plot is ludicrous and yadda, yadda, yadda but I just love how it's all about the Brody family again and how sad and sentimental it is especially in the first half. The final 20 minutes or so is just a big old bundle of fun especially with my favourite bit. 'Oh bloody hell, the breath on that thing' Tehe! I love Michael Caine just not giving a beep at all, just having a great time with it.

Posts: 3807 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched The Man With One Red Shoe a couple days ago. It was a decent dramedy, starring Tom Hanks, Lori Singer and Jim Belushi. Carrie Fisher has a very small, and silly part. I liked the movie overall, but could have done without the Carrie Fisher role. I had always avoided watching this one because of the movie title.
Posts: 2002 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Just Another Affair (1982)

"A marine biologist who is celibate. A lawyer whom no woman can't seem to resist. What happens when the two of them meet?" (IMDb)

A decent but somewhat charming made for television dramedy starring Victoria Principal, Gil Gerard and superhot Sharon Stone in a two minute role.
Lots of fun early 80s dialogue about relationships and sex.

Posts: 7007 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhinestone (1984)

"A country music star must turn an obnoxious New York cabbie into a singer in order to win a bet."

Yeah, it´s a silly silly film but i kinda enjoyed it.
It was directed by Bob "Porky´s" Clark and stars Sylvester Stallone, Dolly Parton, Richard Farnsworth, Ron Leibman and Tim Thomerson.

Stallone can´t sing and sounds funny, Bobcat Goldwaith comes to mind [Big Grin]
I love Parton´s outfits and Thomerson is actually the funniest fella in the film.
If you enjoy watching movies like, let´s say Smokey and the Bandit, i bet that you like Rhinestone too.

Posts: 7007 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim Thomerson always makes anything better than it is. He was a funny stand-up comedian, and his snarky delivery always makes me smile.
Posts: 2043 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhinestone's a pretty enjoyable movie and I think Stallone and Parton teamed up rather nicely and if I remember right didn't Tim Thomerson play a right slimebag in it?

I'll have to grab it off my shelf for another viewing as it's been a little while but yeah I do remember it being good fun!

Posts: 3290 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Jaws 3 - I don't even wanna talk about this. This was the sequel I watched the most as a kid. I always knew it was crap but then and the times I've viewed it since it was at least entertaining crap. Today I can't think of one redeeming feature other than maybe the hilarious slo mo faces just before the shark crashes through the glass. Runs off to cry [Frown]

https://youtu.be/2W0mhAFldIY - yeah you gotta laugh Helen [Big Grin]

I can't believe I actually went to the theatres to watch part 4 as God it was awful and if I remember rightly at the time i didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

laugh the fact that it was so bad that it was funny or to cry that I had just wasted my weeks pocket money to go and see it!

Posts: 3290 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched Turner and Hootch (1989)

"A detective must adopt the dog of a dead man to help him find the murderer." (IMDb)

Someone here may already know that i despise dog films but i have to say that i liked this one.
There´s a reason for that and his name is Tom Hanks, what a fantastic performance!

imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Summer Job from 1989.
Posts: 192 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Summer Job is fun summer film. http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/8692.html#000000
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Rather enjoyable 1986 kids space adventure with the most preposterous of plots about a group of kids at Space Camp who are accidentally launched up into space with the help of a mischievous NASA Robot called if I remember rightly 'Jinx'.

Great cast here with Kate Capshaw,Lea Thompson,Tate Donovan, Joaquin Phoenix,the beautiful Kelly Preston and the always terrific Tom Skerritt and also for its time some fairly decent effects work!

Wished I'd got my 10 year old son to watch this with me before I sent the rental back as I reckon that he would have absolutely loved it never mind I might pick up the dvd or maybe even the upcoming Blu Ray somewhere down the line!

Fun stuff and makes for perfect family viewing!

https://youtu.be/9mtxol5Mo2A - Space Camp (1986) VHS trailer.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:

https://youtu.be/2W0mhAFldIY - yeah you gotta laugh Helen [Big Grin]

I can't believe I actually went to the theatres to watch part 4 as God it was awful and if I remember rightly at the time i didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

laugh the fact that it was so bad that it was funny or to cry that I had just wasted my weeks pocket money to go and see it!

I just sat and watched that 3 times. It's just so... yeah [Big Grin]
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80s films I have watched or re-watched within the last six months:

The Elephant Man (1980)
Pretty in Pink (1986)
9 1/2 Weeks (1986)
Tequila Sunrise (1988)
The Big Chill (1983)
Adventures in Babysitting (1987)
Look Who's Talking (1989)
Less Than Zero (1987)
Into the Night (1985)
Beverly Hills Cop (1984)

Posts: 3606 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched The Pink Chiquitas (1987) which was a totally bonkers "horror" comedy.

"A pink meteor controlled by aliens lands near a small town and turns the local women into nymphos.
A deputy sheriff and a local private eye investigate." (IMDb)

The film "stars" Frank Stallone, lots of beautiful ladies and some ultra annoying characters.
I love the idea but unfortunately the execution mostly sucks. Art of Noise´s "Peter Gunn" on the soundtrack was a nice bonus though.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Mistress (1987)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093551/

"A woman who's been having an affair with a married man who's been taking care of her. When he dies she finds herself with nothing.
So she tries to rebuild her life but not without the stigma of being a kept woman following her." (IMDb)

Surprisingly downbeat tv-movie this one but not bad at all actually.
Victoria Principal looks fantastic as Rae Colton and gives all that she got. Grace Zabriskie (Twin Peaks) is solid as Rae´s mother.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Resurrection (1980)

"Edna Mae Macaulay experiences the afterlife for a brief time after a car accident that kills her husband.
As she begins her long process of physical healing, she discovers that she has the ability to heal physical infirmities.
While most people simply accept her gift, her lover becomes mentally unbalanced and dangerous because she does not place the healings within a religious context." (IMDb)

Nice little drama from Daniel Petrie with strong performances from Ellen Burstyn, Sam Shepard (RIP) and Eva Le Gallienne.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Cross My Heart (1987)

This was a solid, one night romantic comedy. Didn´t make me laugh but there´s some decent dialog here.

It´s a typical story, a man (Martin Short) goes to date with a woman (Annette O´Toole) and both of them decide leave their skeletons in the closet to give a good impression.
Well, after sex (O´Toole topless!) the skeletons don´t want to hide anymore and the arguments begin. But don´t you worry because it all ends in a high note [Smile]

As i said, a solid film with decent performances from the cast but the plot was so predictable i knew all twists and turns.

Timothy B. Schmit´s (Eagles) cool "So Much in Love" during the end credits was a nice bonus.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I'll have to look at checking Cross My Heart out Atomik as I don't mind the lack of laughs if the cast and dialogue are mostly up to a high standard then that will do!

Martin Short I do find to be sometimes fairly annoying especially in the Three Amigos but have enjoyed him elsewhere in the likes of Captain Ron and Inner space.

[ 08. August 2017, 00:24: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I find Martin Short to be likeable enough, but certainly not one of the true titans to come out of SCTV, like Candy, Levy, Flaherty, Thomas, O'Hara, and especially Rick Moranis, an unsung genius. I enjoy Short's work, but Jiminy Glick, wears out his welcome pretty quickly.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Psycho II - Yes, this was almost like watching it for the first time! I'd forgotten most of the twists. Shame how Lila goes from being my favourite character in the first to this despicable bitch. I'm glad she swallowed that knife! It was a bit slow to get off the ground and some plot points were a bit daft but it really picked up the tension as it went along and had a magnificent ending. Couple of yuck moments in here and I loved the cop summing up towards the end, so funny.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I thought Psycho II by Hitch student Richard Franklin was a surprisingly good film that I was prepared to hate. I liked the little nods to the master, the screenplay is daft in spots but fun, and Anthony Perkins, well, he will for an eternity own the part of Norman Bates. If you think about it, all the great movie psychopathic killers owe a bit to Perkins's amazingly original performance.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
[Smile] Mmm hmm!

Psycho III - I like some things about this one, the three main characters, that ice cube part, toilet scene, the fight between Norman and Duane and the closing shot. And I loved, loved the opening which looked more like an Omen film than it did a Psycho one. But overall just not that impressed and was even a little bored at times.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Absolutely love both Psycho 2 & 3 Helen and don't dislike part 4 either especially for what was a made for TV sequel.

From the follow ups Psycho 2 is my pick of the bunch and for me a seriously strong sequel to what was a classic original and like you mentioned the ending was something else!

-

Actually got an original UK cinema quad poster for Psycho 3 currently hanging on my bedroom wall (above).

[ 09. August 2017, 16:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home