iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can´t have too much fun even on holiday [Big Grin]
Just joking. Enjoy Budapest, it´s back to work next week for me.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Cheers Atomik,i'm back to work next Thursday morning so I've got a few days to chill!

Here's a few of the movies available to view for a price from the hotel I'm staying at!

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you watched Flashdance.

Bridges of Spies? Do they already have the sequel!? [Big Grin]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Vacation and of course really enjoyed it. Such a great movie. I have to watch that at least one time each summer.

This is crazy this is crazy this is crazy!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
So, you watched Flashdance.

Bridges of Spies? Do they already have the sequel!? [Big Grin]

I'm tempted to watch Flashdance but I might get the urge to wanna dance and then upset the people below us with all the noise of me continuously falling over!

Vacation's certainly a classic Gordon to be watched again and again!

[ 30. July 2016, 14:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David_J
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woody Allems Radio Days as a massive fan of Woody I love this film first watched it when it first came out and like many of his films I loved it. I would love to say that this is one of my favourite films by Woody comes close to Hannah and her sisters which I love to.
Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's sad that I have to be so torn about Woody Allen because of developments in recent years because I've liked many of his films starting way, way back to What's Up, Tiger Lilly? and Take the Money and Run. He's really gone through phases as a filmmaker, from the days of his early straight-out nutty comedies like Sleeper and Love and Death to his more thoughtful, wistful comedies like Annie Hall and Manhattan to the mixed-bag stuff that he does now. Radio Days is almost never discussed among the great Woody Allen films, but I also think that it is one of his best. It just about perfectly documents a time that is nearly forgotten today. Great film. (Hannah and Her Sisters is pretty great too, though I think that Crimes and Misdemeanors from that era is even better.)
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"Ex-CIA hit-man running from his past (Malone) finds just how difficult it is to retire when he runs accross a small town controlled by mercenaries and a family that's resisting their control." (IMDb)

Watched Malone (1987) and this was a good one.

It´s a simple story told many times before but it works.
Good vibe throughout the film and the cast is great. Nothing more to say really but i´d recommend this one for sure.

David_J
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
 -

"Ex-CIA hit-man running from his past (Malone) finds just how difficult it is to retire when he runs accross a small town controlled by mercenaries and a family that's resisting their control." (IMDb)

Watched Malone (1987) and this was a good one.

It´s a simple story told many times before but it works.
Good vibe throughout the film and the cast is great. Nothing more to say really but i´d recommend this one for sure.

This has been on my list to watch for a long time I am going to dig it out later and watch it thanks for reminding me that I need to watch this.
Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've always really enjoyed Malone and consider it to be one of Reynolds better late 80s outings along with the Bill Forsyth 1989 Crime Comedy Breaking In.

Have you got Rent-A-Cop Atomik? as I've not seen that since it's original release and remember very little except James Remar's scenes as the villain!

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malone is one of my husband's favorite Burt Reynolds/80's movies.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
M.A.D.D.: Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (1983)

"Candy Lightner relentlessly tries to spearhead the drive for the national anti-drunk driver legislation after her own daughter becomes the victim of a hit-and-run by a drunk driver." (IMDb)

This was a pretty typical tv-film based on the true story of MADD founder Candy Lightner.
The tragic accident happens very early in the film and after that we can see some family drama and lots of politics.

Interesting theme but rather dull realization.

-

David_J
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
The last 80s movie I watched was Children of a lesser God and here is my view of the movie. I absolutely loved this movie even watching it as a adult as opposed to when I was younger I think the film is very well written to. It's not however one of my all time favourite movies but does go on my list though as being a great movie one that I could watch over and over again and never get bored of it
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I own the tape and need to check out Children of a Lesser God one of these days.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched Rent-a-Cop (1987)

I found this pretty average buddy-buddy flick starring Liza Minelli as ex-call girl Della Roberts and Burt Reynolds as ex-cop Tony Church who becomes her bodyguard.

Reynolds is basically sleepwalking through this and has said that by this stage of his career he took whatever roles that came his way.
Well, one should still give his best like good old Christopher Lee always did.
Minelli didn´t do much better here and both were nominated in the 1988 Golden Raspberry Awards. Minelli won.

The cast as a whole isn´t that bad. We have James Remar as evil assassin "Dancer", Richard Masur, Bernie Casey, Robby Benson and even John P. Ryan who sadly has only two scenes.
Singer Dionne Warwick also star and i don´t know how they got her talked into this.

Legendary Jerry Goldsmith composed the score and i have to say that the theme tune has some potential.

The film was directed by Jerry London, more known from his television projects. It was filmed in Chicago and also in Italy for some reason i don´t understand.

This really was surprisingly lame effort but it was fun to see Burt dressed as Santa while he´s trying to catch a shoplifter. One of the few highlights here definitely.

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's lamer than Reynolds' COP AND A HALF then it's pretty ****ing lame.
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Legend and enjoyed it more than I ever have. It's just gorgeous!
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breakin' 1984. [Smile] Still very entertaining after 32 years. My brother and I went to see it back in 1984 as he was majorly into break dancing at the time.
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I have Legend on Blu Helen and you are right it's a great looking film,Rent A Cop sure does sound bad Atomik!

Never seen Breakin' but watched Flashdance for the first time ever a few weeks back which I know is a different sort of dancing! [Big Grin]

So out of the Breakdance movies (none of which I've ever seen) which is actually the most entertaining is it Breakin' and it's sequel or Beat Street?

[ 18. August 2016, 11:22: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big Trouble In Little China (1986)

John Carpenter's epic adventure yarn was perfect for Kurt Russell. Jack Burton is basically a funnier, stupider and less cynical version of Snake Plissken, and Russell nailed it. Kim Cattrall borders on the annoying sometimes, but she's beautiful and feisty, and the rest of the cast are excellent, especially Dennis Dun as the love-lorn Wang Chen and James Hong as the spooky protaghonist, David Lo Pan.

As battles between good and evil, mortals and the spirits, and rival factions of Chinatown's gangs go, this is impossible to beat.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were a lot good movies from 1986, and Big Trouble in Little China has certainly stood the test of time as being one of the most fun. Kurt Russell is an iconic kind of guy, and Jack Burton and Snake Plissken (and maybe even Captain Ron) showcase Russell at his iconic best: tough, funny, disreputable, and above all, charismatic. He's one of those guys who was born to be a movie star with that magnetic screen presence of his. Some people really, really have it like Russell, Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman, Clint Eastwood, Chow Yun-Fat...while others just have a tendency to fade away on the big screen (I'm talking to you David Duchovny. [Smile] )
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=1986 - 1986 had so many great films that bombed at the theatres especially the aforementioned 80s classic Big Trouble In Little China.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Helen, I saw Legend at a cinema in the West End in its original version long before all the soundtrack tampering and what not and its US release. It is a beautiful looking, entertaining film.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Helen, I saw Legend at a cinema in the West End in its original version long before all the soundtrack tampering and what not and its US release. It is a beautiful looking, entertaining film.

Yeah until you look into it you don't realise how much this movie has been tampered with over the years,there's two cuts of the film on my US import Blu Ray (Directors Cut and original theatrical cut) and IMDb states that in total there are another 2 other versions of the film out there and that Ridley Scott's first cut run for over 30 minutes longer!

I bet this looked really impressive on the big screen,Crash did you ever get to see Streets Of Fire on the big screen as that is one I would have loved to have watched at the theatres.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I saw the 95-minute UK theatrical cut with Jerry Goldsmith's score. I have since seen the US version with the Tangerine Dream score and the additional pop songs. As much as I like Tangerine Dream, I prefer the original version.

As a matter of fact, I did see Streets of Fire in a theatre the day that it opened, all three or four of us at that showing. LOL Seriously, this was, of course, before digital projection, IMAX, etc., but it did sound great. Really great. The sound mixing is excellent. And I liked it immediately, despite all the slagging on it back then by just about everybody. It's one of those films whose popularity will continue to grow. It is just so creative and ahead of its time.

[ 28. August 2016, 15:29: Message edited by: Crash ]

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home