iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoy Easy Money Kevdug,it's on a twin pack blu ray now with Men At Work starring Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen which I wouldn't mind picking up.

I currently own Easy Money on a twin pack DVD with Throw Momma From The Train which I don't think I've ever watched or if I have I've completely forgotten about it!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah warrior...I was just searching for the Blu-ray on line. In some older posts, I strongly declare my dislike for twin packs and double features...and nothings changed!! *I hate em'!! I like my movies in stand alone packaging, so I'm hopeful they'll release it on it's own in the future. I actually only have this on DVD in a double feature with Back To School...I'm crazy enough to buy the individual movie when I see it. *On a side note...I also hate the cardboard covers some DVDs come it!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys happen to know if the Easy Money blu-ray still includes the cut version?
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Scarred (1983)

"A 16 year old girl turns to prostitution to support her baby and encounters a treacherous underworld of
pimps, hookers and johns while doing her best to maintain her hopes and dignity." (IMDb)

Pretty grim film this one but it´s not a story we haven´t seen before.
Ruby tries to be independent lady of the night but is forced to go the pimp route after some heavy persuasion.
Money problems, white 16-years old girl with a black kid, scary customers, drugs, alcohol,violence... it´s all here.
It´s almost like a student film but if so, it´s surprisingly well made. Jennifer Mayo did a decent job. She didn´t do many movies but was in Cherry 2000.
I wonder how writer-director Rosemarie Turko got all the songs for her little film because the soundtrack is pretty damn good!

Finnish vhs cover sheet
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik, I have Scarred on vhs. But I have a completely different cover than that one. Was it Canadian or American? I have another film similar to this called Night Friend (1987).
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh, you mean the one where the priest tries to help the teenage prostitute. I have it too.
Night Friend was canadian but Scarred is american film set in L.A.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen Scarred atomik but I know the UK cover was similar or more or less identical to the bottom one!

Not sure about Easy Money but I'd imagine it's the same cut of the film as previously available,the missing scenes http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085470/alternateversions sound like fun as well!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, that´s what i´m talking about! I have the finnish vhs tape which includes that scene.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rewatched Pink Cadillac (1989) and i can´t help but say that this is one of the worst Eastwood movies.
It has it´s moments though. Bernadette Peters has few fun one-liners and she looks surprisingly sexy in her red dress. The soundrack isn´t bad either.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched the 1985 teen comedy romance Fraternity Vacation starring Tim Robbins,Cameron Dye,Stephen Geoffrey's, John Vernon and the beautiful Sheree J Wilson amongst others,really good fun feel good comedy this with a better cast than most can muster,great soundtrack as well with 3 numbers by Banarama - Shy Boy,Cruel Summer and Doctor Love. Fun Stuff!

https://youtu.be/68WhnV9j8Do - Fraternity Vacation trailer (1985).

Also watched -

-

The 1989 underwater action horror DeepStar Six which was directed by Sean S Cunningham of Friday The 13th fame and stars Nancy Everhard,Taurean Blacque,Matt MCcoy,Miguel Ferrer,Greg Evigan and Cindy Pickett - this got really bashed by the critcs upon its original release but I've always found it myself to be rather enjoyable,it is far from perfect as it does take a little while to really kick into gear plus the sets can sometimes look a bit amateurish yet still despite these niggles it never fails to entertain,the cast here especially RoboCop's Miguel Ferrer are all pretty great and the underwater monster when it finally does arrive looks pretty much how I'd imagined that an underwater sea monster would actually look (it resembles a huge oversized crab) and that last half hour or so really does raise the suspense by a notch or two!

Overall id say that its an enjoyably cheesey underwater action adventure that's well worth checking out!

https://youtu.be/pouTM3jqZCM - Deepstar Six trailer (1989).

[ 08. April 2016, 17:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Lazy preppie Palmer Woodrow hires street-smart Eddie Keaton to go to school for him while he lives it up in Europe."

This was a total blast!

Making The Grade

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched I Love N.Y. (1987).

"Photographer Mario Cotone is hired to cover a big N.Y. actor. When his pretty daughter Nicole Yeats (N.Y.) and Mario fall in love,
this angers her father and hurts Mario's work which further infuriates his boss. Will love prevail?" (IMDb)

This was a decent semi-autobiographical love story but i guess writer-director Gianni Bozzacchi wasn´t happy because we can see the name Alan Smithee in credits.
Scott Baio is ok in the leading role and Kelly van der Velden looks great. Christopher Plummer, Jennifer O´Neill, Jerry Orbach and Virna Lisi also star.
You can see many cool New York City locations in the film and there´s few good songs on the soundtrack.
Not the best modern day Romeo and Juliet flick but entertaining enough especially for 80s lovers.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been meaning to watch "Making The Grade"...just never got around to it!

Never heard of "I Love New York"...might be worth a look.

Watched an old favorite this morning..."Poltergeist". This is one I've seen 20+ times as it was on the movie channel when I was a kid, so I watched it every time it came on. I remember my first watch...I was having a sleep over with a few friends with a plan to sleep in my camper parked in the driveway. We watched Poltergeist, and needless to say...slept in the house!

Noting today that this movie reeks the 80's....wall to wall carpet, vintage electronics, old wood grain station wagon, the TVs, phones...everything. And crazy product placement...I wonder if they made a fortune in advertising before the movie even hit the box office? In a short time paying attention I spotted: Sesame Street, Clue board game, speak and spell, Aliens poster, the Hulk action figure, Captain America comic book, Snoopy, Rubiks Cube...and...holy Star Wars toys Batman|!!

Jo Beth Williams looking pretty cute...loved the pot smoking scene...funny stuff. And Zelda Rubinstein...perfectly cast and a very memorable character.

On a funny side note...some of the sound effects in the movie were pretty bad. Noticed this at the very first of the movie with the dog running around the house when everyone was sleeping...at times sounded like a galloping horse! Then Robbie climbing the tree...sounded like a dude rubbing two pieces of sandpaper together. I had a very clear image of the sound effects guys in a room...rustling paper and leaves and shaking various props and noise makers....thought they may even have added a sound effect for people blinking!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´m sure it´s Alien poster kev [Wink] Just teasin´..
I love Poltergeist. While not so scary anymore, it´s still a great fantasy film and as a father now you care about the kids more than when you were a teen.
Jerry Goldsmith´s awesome score is a big part of the film and those old school sfx are amazing.
So funny how you paid extra attention to the sound effects. I´ll do the same next time.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
aTomiK...if you go back and look, the Alien poster in the movie actually has an "S" added in marker...portraying a child doodling on the poster with a marker. This came up before...there's actually an article addressing it. If you Google "Alien poster in Poltergeist" it will come up.

Funny you mention the score...I was going to add that. It sounds like a beautiful soothing lullaby, but when they change the pace and add a bit...creep it out on purpose...I love it!

I think I noticed the sound effects this round as it was a rare time I was able to watch on my old TV in my 80's room...downstairs with peace and quiet while the rest of my family slept. It struck me funny!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched tv-movie The Stepford Children (1987).

"In this sequel to The Stepford Wives, Steven and Laura Harding (along with their kids David and Mary) have moved to the quiet community of Stepford, CT.
Steven joins the men's club, which is still assimilating their wives into robots. This time, they have begun to turn their out of control teens into robots as well.
Once they are assimilated, they are obedient, homework loving, big band dancing droids.
Laura, David, and Mary stumble onto this mystery, and they must avoid Steven's plans to turn them into robots." (IMDb)

This was a fun sequel, i also like the 1980 sequel Revenge of the Stepford Wives and the original 1975 film is a classic in my books.
So yeah, now it´s time to put the kids in order so beware you teens!
The cast did a good job. Barbara Eden and Don Murray are seasoned veterans. Tammy Lauren (Homefront) and Randall Batinkoff (For Keeps?) were solid as the Harding kids.
There´s fun school scenes, especially the dance scene rocks and i like Tammy´s BIG 80s hair.

The film is a bit too slow and it takes too much time from our heroes to find out what´s going on.
So when the secret is revealed and the final battle begins there´s only 5 minutes left and the ending feels awfully rushed.

But i like all the Stepford films and i just found out that there´s a ´96 film called The Stepford Husbands! Now where can i find that one??

Family Harding
 -

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
AWWE COME ON aTomiK!!! YOU DIDN'T FALL FOR THE ALIEN POSTER THEORY AT ALL!! A little tooooo obvious maybe? [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I thought it for a while but then i figured that this must be a sequel JUST TEASIN` 2: KEV STRIKES BACK [Big Grin]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Tuff Turf on YouTube last night. I had never seen this movie, nor had I ever heard of it before coming to The Rewind. It was fun in the first 1/3, then kind of dragged in the middle, then picked up at the end. I know a lot of you all love this movie. It was a watch it once and that will be all type of movie for me. I liked Spader, and the guy who played Nick. Kim Richards was pretty, but that hair was way too much, and too distracting! I would've loved to have cut about a foot off of it! I honestly don't know how she could dance and move around with that hair.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I thought it for a while but then i figured that this must be a sequel JUST TEASIN` 2: KEV STRIKES BACK [Big Grin]

BAZINGA!!! Did it at least make you blink and think about it for [Big Grin] half a sec?!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention I liked the music in Tuff Turf, and was surprised to see Jim Carroll playing with a band in one of the warehouse scenes. I thought Robert Downey's character was added just for fluff. I felt like some scenes had been cut or chopped up, with Robert Downey and James Spader
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I love Tuff Turf Pittsburghgirl and your right the soundtrack is good one,I really like the track Love Hates which plays over the opening credits by Marianne Faithful.

https://youtu.be/xXciglIHCwA - Love Hates by Marianne Faithful.

-

Even got a little fridge magnet of it,notice that they had to stand Kim Richards in the background because her hair was getting in the way! [Big Grin]

[ 13. April 2016, 16:52: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Good song young warrior. I was diggin the Jim Carroll tunes. I always liked People Who Died, used to drive my friends nuts back in the day. I need to download these songs to my iPod.
lasse
Rewind Curious
Member # 37419

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lasse   Email lasse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avenging Force
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2016 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by lasse:
Avenging Force

Great movie lasse!

Have you watched many Michael Dudikoff movies?

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home