iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Women of San quentin (1983)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women of San quentin (1983)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Women of San Quentin (1983)

"A young female prison guard finds out that her first assignment is to San Quentin, one of the toughest prisons in the country." (IMDb)

This was a decent made for televison WIP flick but without the female prisoners. This time the focus is on the female prison guards.
Low budget legend Larry Cohen wrote the story and the film was directed By tv veteran William A. Graham.
There is not much action in this one, it´s heavy on dialog and relationships. The most interesting thing is to see all the familiar faces:

Stella Stevens and Debbie Allen (Fame) as seasoned guards and Amy Steel (Friday 2, April Fools Day) as a rookie.
Hector Elizondo plays Captain Reyes and the ever reliable Yaphet Kotto is Sergeant Patterson. Gregg Henry and Ernie Hudson are prisoners.

I like the german vhs cover art.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
with that front cover atomik would you ever have thought this was a made for tv flick!

put it this way i bet there was a few irate german renters back in 83! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

saying that atomik,as misleading as that cover artwork is i still don't think it's as misleading as another prison flick and that is the new us blu ray artwork for van damme's death warrant (1990) where van damme gets to fight not as we all know it to be - the sandman,but he gets to fight atilla from a.w.o.l (lionheart) insted. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that´s just awful [Big Grin] I´m still happy with the UK dvd.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I know it's pretty bad atomik!

Like the uk blu ray steelbook for cocoon,the front cover you got the nice looking Matt finish of the usual cocoon artwork,then on the back you've got the credits for it's sequel cocoon - the return.

So they nearly got it right.

Close but no cigar as they say!

[ 09. February 2015, 11:47: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home