iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Cat People

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cat People
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the past few years it has become one of my all time favorite 80s movies. I just love the music in it, and the cast, and the setting in New Orleans, love the houses and the zoo. Love the song by David Bowie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpdHMaccjw4

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cat People is that rare film which takes a completely ridiculous concept and treats it with reverent seriousness, as well as artistic ambition, and winds up a winner. I really like it too. It's colorful, scary, sexy, and thoroughly entertaining.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...it's weird as can be..but the special effects are awesome, and I love Annette O'Toole and William Heard and Malcolm McDowell-they are really good in it- and even Ruby Dee is crazy cool. They have clips from it in the movie "Terror in the Aisles".....it's got some scary stuff...with the hooker in the bedroom, and when Ed Begley gets his arm ripped off.
I love early 80s movies...love looking at what people were wearing back then too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that the behind-the-scenes stuff on Cat People was pretty interesting too. Writer/director Paul Schrader had a tryst with Nastassja Kinski, who was something like 19 at the time. (She'd previously had an affair with director Roman Polanski when she was 15.)
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am going to go watch it tonight. I love this movie.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home