iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Vintage 80s movie ads in magazines or newspapers. (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Vintage 80s movie ads in magazines or newspapers.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

(Above) 4 from a set of 8 UK cinema lobby cards for the hilarious 1986 Orion Pictures production Back To School starring Rodney Dangerfield,Burt Young,Sally Kellerman,Keith Gordon,Robert Downey Jr and Ned Beatty.

(Below) 4 from a set of 8 lobby cards for the UK cinema release of the John Carpenter's atmospheric 1987 horror Prince Of Darkness which is distributed by Guild Pictures and stars Donald Pleasance,Lisa Blount,Jameson Parker,Victor Wong,Dennis Dun and Alice Cooper.

-

Posts: 3466 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few more promo/sample/original UK rental release sleeves.

-

(Above) Promo/sample sleeve for the underatted (well in my opinion) 1986 Ron Howard comedy Gung Ho starring Michael Keaton,George Wendt,Mimi Rodgers,Gedde Wantanbe,John Turturro and distributed by Paramount Home Video.

Love the fun cover art for this one!

-

(Above) Original VHS/Beta MGM/UA UK home video cover art for the awesome Sam Firstenberg action thriller Avenging Force starring Michael Dudikoff and the late great Steve James.

This along with the first two American Ninja's I definitely consider Dudikoff's best!

(Below) Original UK rental release sleeve of the 1983 Orion Pictures comedy drama Class starring Rob Lowe,Andrew McCarthy,Jaquelin Bisset,Cliff Robertson plus brief appearance's by John Cusack and Virginia Madsen.

-

Posts: 3466 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 67 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are awesome, Warrior. I feel like watching "Class" now!
Posts: 1536 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great sets Warrior.
I had forgotten about The Prince of Darkness, I must watch that. I like Michael Dudikoff, the was good in American Ninja, and he was in Bachelor Party. Class is a great film too.

Posts: 67 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers guys here's a few more original UK VHS/Beta rental sleeves I own -

-

(Above) Guild Home Video's UK rental sleeve for the entertaining 1984 comedy Making The Grade starring Judd Nelson,Jonna Lee,Dana Olsen,Ronald Lacey and Andrew Dice Clay.

Fun movie this and I like the cover art which incorporates the original US one sheet poster artwork!

-

(Above) Cool killer bug movie from 1988 with some rather cool looking cover art courtesy of MGM/UA Home Video UK this would definitely catch your eye (no pun intended) when browsing your local video rental store.

A good watch this with some pretty icky effects work!

-

(Above) 1985 UK Paramount CIC Home Video release cover art for the immensely enjoyable Carl Reiner comedy Summer Rental starring the late greats John Candy,Richard Crena plus Karen Austin,Joey Lawrence and Rip Torn.

Great fun and I dig the UK home video cover art that differs greatly from the also awesome and mostly used US theatrical art!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Latest Video Magazine pick up was this December 1989 edition of Video Today which features the adventure comedy Ghost Chase on the cover which stars Jason Lively,the beautiful Jill Whitlow (Night Of The Creeps,) and Chuck Mitchell who everyone will recognise as Porky from Porky's/Porky's Revenge.

Never seen it before but it looks fun!

-

(Above) reviews section which features write ups on Critters 2, Gunrunner with Kevin Costner,Under The Gun with Sam Jones (Flash Gordon), fight flick The Cage with the Incredible Hulk himself Lou Ferringo and fun hillbilly flick Trapper County War with Don Swayze and Bo Hopkins.

All scored 3 out of 5 which rates them as Worth Seeing!

-

(Above Left) A very favourable review for the terrific Bill Murray Christmas comedy Scrooged and on the adjacent page a sales advertisment featuring the likes of Warlock,Bad Taste,Rambo 3,The Blob etc.etc.

Did originally own this mag from when first released but my copy was starting to look a bit beat up from where I didn't look after so great as a teenager so it's great to replace it with this rather pristine looking replacement copy!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home