iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Vintage 80s movie ads in magazines or newspapers. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Vintage 80s movie ads in magazines or newspapers.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does that RAQUEL welch mag have a centerfold of her.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here´s few finnish video magazines i have. The original "newspaper" editon around ´85-´86.

-

The new look ´87.

-

One of the biggest finnish video rental chains, R-Kioski, had their own vip video club and magazine. These are from ´84-´89.

-

And one of the biggest distributors, Showtime, also had their own magazine. These are from ´87-´89.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool pics atomik.

Wow! Barbara carerra,forgot all about her,lucky old lone wolf mcquade.

I always quite enjoyed target with Hackman and Dillon,not seen it in a while,it's no classic but I still think it's quite underatted.

Anyhow great pics of what look like some really great mags!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i´m going to check out if there´s some cool stuff inside the mags i want to show ya.
Here´s two german magazines i bought back in ´87 when i was in Majorca, Spain.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A few more random video today magazines from my collection.

And below a random pic of a reviews page of the November 1986 edition (Indiana Jones temple of doom cover) featuring reviews for paradise motel,Mr love,moving violations,Transylvania 6-5000,spring break,the bikini shop (again),compromising positions and lastly grace Quigley starring nick note.

-

2 out of 5 for paradise motel and moving violations,no way!

They were better than that.

[ 24. July 2015, 11:09: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What a brilliant thread! I can remember both of those magazines, TYW. Do you remember Video World?

-

Have either of you thought about digitizing/archiving them?  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah I remember video world,that was probably the most saucy video mag on the UK market!

I've got a few editions actually,I'll dig them out when I get chance.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Another couple of pics from inside my little video epics magazines featuring full page ads for the kiwi car chase thriller - shaker run and the world war 2 drama - codename emerald which I believe stars ed Harris in an early role.

Shaker run is a pretty fun flick actually not seen it for quite sometime.

And below full page ads for mgm releases - dream lover which I've never seen and hellhole which is a bit of a trash classic which I also own an old vhs of.

-

[ 24. July 2015, 11:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:

Have either of you thought about digitizing/archiving them?  -

I know that some people here have already done this.
The finnish vhs collectors "community" is still pretty vital.

Dream Lover was a disappointment, warrior. I know i started a Dream Lover thread but we must have lost it.
Hellhole is excellent sleazefest.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This is taken from my year one school project book where for an hour or 2 during the school week you would sit in class and write about a hobby or any interest as such.

Obviously my interest was films so I'd write little mini film reviews,do drawings,get magazine cut outs and stick them in.

-

I remember my teacher writing this comment "why have you seen it?" In reference to me having watched first blood which was a 15 when at the time I was only 11.

God knows what he thought when he realized I was watching 18s as well.

I've just noticed on my little write up of mad max 2 I wrote - it's about a oil company in the desert being attacked by punks [Confused] and that there are quite violent scenes but children would like it [Big Grin]

[ 24. July 2015, 11:14: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Couple of little drawings I done for my year one (age 11/12) school project book of characters from ralph bakshi's 1982 animated film hey good lookin'.

Never seen it before,I have watched bakshi's 1978 animated version of lord of the rings though.

-

Another pic i drew for bakshi's 1982 animated flick - hey good lookin' plus on the adjoining page little reviews I done for tightrope and dune.

[ 24. July 2015, 11:13: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, love it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

from one of my old video hits magazines a full page ad for the 1986 australian pic - malcolm.

on the adjoining page you have a just out section featuring the likes of - armed and dangerous,armed response,crossroads starring the karate kids - ralph macchio,there's also - out of bounds and radioactive dreams starring american ninja's - michael dudikoff amongst others.

[ 24. July 2015, 11:30: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This is taken from an edition of a monthly video shop magazine known as screens which you could pick up in store at your local video shop.

It says 30 UK pence on the cover but I always remember picking it up for free.

This is the march 1990 edition featuring a full page ad for k-9 plus a video classics section featuring the likes of - karate kid 2,for queen and country and john carpenter's dark star.

-

And a double paged ad for the late river phoenix's - a night in the life of jimmy reardon which I've got a feeling was known as just - jimmy reardon here in the UK.

Never seen it before but have heard many mixed reviews from it.

[ 24. July 2015, 11:19: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Full page ad for the martin love action film - Steele justice (which I've never seen) and reviews for ghoulies 2,gladiator starring men Wahl,nowhere to hide (which I would like to see),woody Allen's Hannah and her sisters and lastly Francis ford coppola's Peggy sue got married.

And below from video hits magazine 1987

A full page ad for the Medusa home video releases of the excellent - the gate,the video dead and wheels of terror starring the late great oliver reed and also David carradine.

-

On the adjoining page there are reviews for rivers edge (great flick),the good wife starring Bryan brown and Rachel ward,poker Alice featuring the ever tanned george hamilton, sweet revenge what looks like a low budget action flick featuring Nancy Allen (wouldn't mind checking this out) and lastly the three amigos which was a lot of fun.

Don't know whether you can see my bad habit of back then of ticking everything I watched (next to three amigos) which nows bugs the hell out of me because now all I think of it is as that I defaced the magazine!

[ 24. July 2015, 11:24: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

April 1990 video world magazine

Featuring reviews for Halloween 4,wilt,Friday the 13th - Jason takes manhattan,robot jox,cyborg,hider in the house etc.

Below from the same mag a full page ad for some Friday the 13 the looking spoof called - hand of death Jacksons back part 25 [Confused]

With the tagline "finally... Jackson unmasked - a face only a blind girl could love! [Big Grin]

-

[ 24. July 2015, 11:17: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice pics once again, warrior. I own one UK Video Hits mag but the front cover is missing so i didn´t really know what it was.
Thanks for clearing it out [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

some more 80s video adverts - we have in the first pic from above sylvester stallone in rocky 1,well actually tell a lie it's not quite rocky it's - ricky 1 with Michael Michaud ( i know i've never heard of him either) and it scores what i think is an all time low on imdb for any film i've ever looked up - a miserable 1.3.

-

gary busey in bulletproof,i've got a new and sealed dvd of this sat on my shelf which i picked up a few months back which i've yet to get around to watching,i will do soon though at some point!

anyone seen busey's bulletproof before and if so what did you think?

from the adjoining page i've seen scared stiff with andrew stevens,gung ho which i quite enjoyed,wild thing i've seen but remember little from but know it's coming to blu ray shortly.

bullies i own on dvd which is a very entertaining hillbilly revenge flick!

the only one i've never seen is american anthem.

-

lastly we have a medusa home video line up advert for the winter months which features another busey action flick and that is - eye of the tiger which i thought was really enjoyable.

never heard much on the ninja action pic - white phantom before,seems a pretty obsure title that with only 3 external reviews on imdb.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haha, i just got Ricky 1 vhs tape couple of weeks ago. 1,3 rating... i need to check the film and prove them wrong [Big Grin]
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let us know if it has anything funny Atomik. I own it but have not watched it. love those parodies.

Thanx for posting Warrior!

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

a few more random adverts - above the monster squad retail video release and on the adjoining page articles for musical artists - paula abdul,yazz,wet,wet,wet etc.

-

above a full page ad for the pretty entertaining fight flick the cage starring reb brown and lou ferringo then on the adjoining page here random little reviews for the likes of - the big town,the falcon and the snownan,big etc.

watched every film mentioned here except the thriller - black widow with theresa russell.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

a full page ad for the tom selleck comedy - her alibi which i have seen years back but can remember very little from,i'm sure though i remember finding it quite enjoyable.

i need to check it out again at some point if i get chance!

-

pretty cool looking ad for the enjoyable dolph lundgren action flick red scorpion and also reviews for the likes of my stepmother is an alien,beaches,homeboy,the mighty quinn etc.

i watched homeboy again not long back,was a lot better than how i rembered it,infact i thought it was rather decent with a couple of great performances from mickey rourke and christopher walken.

also watched - without a clue starring michael caine and ben kingsley for the first time not long back and that was a blast.

really good fun!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

reviews section from one of my mid 80s video - the magazine's with the party animal scoring a 3 out of 5 (deserves higher than that),night patrol scores a 2 out of 5,draw with kirk douglas scores a 4 out of 5 (never seen it),the karate kid scores a 3 out of 5 (no way a 3 out of 5 it's a classic) and lastly a film called - the cold room gets a 3 0ut of 5.

-

a full page ad for british satirical puppet show - spitting image which ran between 1984-1996.

[ 24. July 2015, 14:27: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

slightly beaten up front cover(it's van damme,he's flexing his biceps that much that he's creasing the magazine)of one of my early 1990s video world - the magazine featuring jean claude van damme in double impact

light sleeper - now that was a really good movie,never seen split second with rutger hauer though but have heard good things about it!

[ 25. July 2015, 02:26: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

yw. 3 out of 5 for KK? A soc had to have written that.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home