iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Aren't the 80's the BEST DECADE EVER?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aren't the 80's the BEST DECADE EVER?!
StevenSpielberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 510

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenSpielberg   Email StevenSpielberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know if you agree with me. The 80's was the BEST DECADE EVER, with wonderful music, MOVIES, fashion, tv shows. The best time of my life I spent it in the 80's.I wish those times could come back...
What about you?

Posts: 14 | From: usa | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
idan
Rewind Curious
Member # 822

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for idan   Email idan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SAME !
80's its the best time ever ...

Posts: 3 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the 80s and had a great time too. I do remember also the mid to late 70s as being fun. But yea early 80s for me was a very fun time of arcades, movies, and just having fun
Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh i almost forgot. And yes i do wish i could go back in time to the 80s. I think about it often.
Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenSpielberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 510

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenSpielberg   Email StevenSpielberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yes! I had forgot about Arcade games! I still remmeber going crazy myself when I played "Pac-Man". I remember the parties being much better than nowadays. I mean, you could really have fun without being a handsome or a reach guy. You had the change to meet many girls and also to date with some, but nowadays the parties are only about drinking or taking drugs, or about pretending to Masquarade owrselves.
Posts: 14 | From: usa | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenSpielberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 510

Member Rated:
And, What about he fashion? It was GREAT!
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not everybody digs the fashion in retrospect, but for what it was in the decade it was, it was top-notch.

I love the 80s, and I promise in all of my writing endeavors to preserve the memory of that kick-butt decade.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...the Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenSpielberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 510

Member Rated:
Well Said John! I'd really would like go to an 80 Retro Party.
I think the best music ever was composed and performed in this Amazin Decade.
How old are you? I am 30, that means that I was kind of young at teh 80's, but I still can remember how I enjoyed because my relatives are 40 and they tought me many things at that time.

Razor
Rewind Curious
Member # 453

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Razor   Email Razor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with all above!! The music was THE best in the 80's!! :)
Posts: 8 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought about it and I have to agree. The 80's were all about FUN. Today it's all about being tough.
Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
hailcesar
Rewind Curious
Member # 801

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hailcesar   Author's Homepage   Email hailcesar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 80's were fun, but really cheesy. Looking back it's a wonder we all didn't catch fire from all the hairspray.
Posts: 2 | From: Los Angele, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
hzorman
Rewind Curious
Member # 821

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hzorman   Email hzorman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i LOVE the 80's!!!!!!!!!! it's so fabulous. i tell everyone that i was meant for the 80's. i love the hair bands and the brat pack and punky brewster(sp), just the 10 of us, alf. on vh1 i watched all 10 years of "i love the 80's".
Posts: 9 | From: indpls.,IN.,USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup yup and yup, the 80s had some great stuff going for it, films have a feel to them that the 70s and 90s just don't have, the same with music.

Home computers were a huge thing in the 80s, machines you could actually program out-of-the-box whereas you have to hunt down programming software for todays PCs.

Computer games took off something chronic, fuelled by the arcades and everyone wanted their own machine at home (who DIDN'T want their own Star Wars sit-in arcade machine?) but the closest we got were hand-held games (Tomytronic 3D's, Grandstand Tron/Caveman/Frogger/Astro Wars/Scramble, Nintendo Game&watches etc. etc.) but the rise of home computers fuelled the gaming passion even more.

If someone produced a handheld game the size of a Gamegear that played Sinclair ZX Spectrum games I'd be in hogs heaven (I did read something about a Speccy emulator for the GBA...)

I collect music, films and handheld games from the 80s. I bid £70 on a rare Tomytronic 3D a week ago only to be out-sniped on the auction :(

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah alsmost forgot, I also collect retro cartoons (original videos only so far): http://linux.tc3net.com/darwin/kult/
And this is my handheld games collection: http://linux.tc3net.com/darwin/handheld.html

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenSpielberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 510

Member Rated:
Hey Wizard, I couldn't help evoking great memories after taking a look at your Collections. I am a great fan of those great Cartoons, but specialy of He-Man. I will soon show you my collection too.
What about that "Madonna-look" that all the girls wanted to get? I think they looked very cool.

StevenSpielberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 510

Member Rated:
Ah! By the way: Those who live in Canada, let me tell you that tomorrow Tuesday Feb 18th there will be a TV show about the 80's top's videos in "Much Music" Channel at 9pm.
Timea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1318

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Timea   Email Timea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, we should come up with our own "80's city"! [Wink] I wish I could get another decade like that in my life! It seems like the previous decade is always supposed to be "cheesy" [Razz] and the one before that the one to follow [Cool] ! I personally hated the 90's (I was going to highschool), but is seems like the 80's's making a comeback now, as I thought! [Big Grin] 'll never be the same, though! [Frown]
Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjsacran
Rewinder
Member # 1314

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jjsacran   Email jjsacran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the music and the movies were awesome and they are still awesome today.
Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville TN | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akita
Master Rewinder
Member # 1257

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Akita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found a web site were you can play FROGGER,PACMAN,SIMON and SPACE INVADERS all for FREE. It also has trivia questions and heaps of lyrics. My fav thing to do lately is to grab a glass of wine, download a few 80's songs, go to the lyric page and have myself a little sing-a-long. However, I must admit I actually know 99% of the words to the songs so I play a game or two of FROGGER etc. Bliss! If anyone wants the site it's www.80smusiclyrics.com. Everyone is probably going hysterical now because this is a lame site or something...if you try it tell me what you think. Are there better ones??? [Razz]
Posts: 109 | From: Thuringowa,Queensland,Australia | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the 80s so much I have my 4-year old singing Take on Me, Dreams (Van Halen), and Don't your forget about me. He knows all the words to all three songs.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know i absolutely love 80's. everything was great music, culture, especially movies. i think what made it so great is that alot of things were aimed towards teenagers so it made us in a sense more well rounded because instead of trying to make us adults or treat us like kids there was a large section in out culture that was like "you fit in, look at all the things here for you." nowadays things are so topsy turvy and everything "cool" is very far from our values even more so than in the old days.
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can say honestly the 80's were the best and i am stuck in it still and love it!!! they just don't make good music like they use to in my opinion !!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuB1978
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7950

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DuB1978   Email DuB1978   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a tie for me (80's and 90's).If I could just take a lil piece from each that made me happy.Give me the Movies and TV shows of the 80's with the Fashion and Music of the 90's.

But this decade right now sucks!!!!!!!
It has killed the weekend cruiser and mall goers.

I just want it to be cool to have a V8 (not the damn drink) again.

Posts: 82 | From: Owensboro KY | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could take a Total Recall-style vacation in the '80s whenever I got bored. Just relive my youth for a couple weeks every year.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
I wish I could take a Total Recall-style vacation in the '80s whenever I got bored. Just relive my youth for a couple weeks every year.

Blue Sky on Mars
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home