iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Lassiter (1984)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lassiter (1984)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Lassiter (1984)

"Lassiter is a handsome thief operating in London in the late 1930s.
One day he is arrested and told that if he wishes to avoid prison,
he must break into the heavily guarded German Embassy in London and steal millions in Gems." (IMDb)

This was a good crime film directed by Roger Young, who also directed the great tv-movie Gulag (1985)
and written by David Taylor (Hanky Panky, Get Crazy).
Lassiter stars Tom Selleck, Jane Seymour, Lauren Hutton, Bob Hoskins,
Joe Regalbuto (Always Norman Tutle from Streethawk to me [Smile] ), Ed Lauter and Warren Clarke.

The cast did a very good job: Selleck has his charm,
Seymour looks fantastic and Hoskins almost steals the show.

First three women you see in the film show some skin, including Seymour!
So i thought "what kind of film is this?" [Big Grin] )
Well, that was all the nudity there is so have no fear if you´re afraid to see naked people.

I liked the balance between the humor and the violence. It was a well done film.
You can hear a fun tune during the end credits and i guessed who performs it: Taco, of all people!
How am i supposed to sleep now, i can´t get "Puttin' on the Ritz" out of my head [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Lassiter trailer

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lassiter was a lot of fun,i have a vhs of it,selleck certainly made some very likeable films during the 80s,runaway is one i really liked and need to pick up at some point and an innocent man i also really liked which i own on dvd.

couple of his 80s movies i need to check out again as i can't remember much from are her alibi and high road to china.

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes atomik! I own it and have been wanting to watch it simply because of what you mentioned about Seymour flesh as she is my favorite female on the screen. Have only partially seen it and the only thing I remember is the skin of Seymour.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

here's the original 1984 u.k quad poster for lassiter
which i think looks pretty cool

-

and here's the original u.k vhs artwork for the rank vhs/beta release.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
on the cinema poster i see the tagline is - the 'magnum' man hits the big screen with a vengeance i reckon they should've had - the 'magnum' man hits the small screen with a vengeance on the vhs [Big Grin]

[ 20. March 2013, 16:06: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You can hear a fun tune during the end credits and i guessed who performs it: Taco, of all people! How am i supposed to sleep now, i can´t get "Puttin' on the Ritz" out of my head
I believe that was a big hit in the US...
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it was. The After Eight (1982) album sold very well all over Europe, including Finland.

The Lassiter theme tune is called "Lassiter's Theme: Beware of the Winners".

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been wanting to see this, and folks. what is taking so long to get them on dvd?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many movies I've never heard of!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know what you mean, i was talking to crash the other day about grindhouse movies, that sound really great, and wouldnt have known anything about them otherwise.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I always rather poorly off as a kid I would rather take a safe bet on movie, than a risk of a potentially bad movie. At the same time I was mainly always into comdedies also so the biggest risk I would usually take is if I saw a less well known Chevy Chase video or something like that. I would say well I've never heard of it but hey it's worth the risk.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i know folks is good. lassiter i just have a gut feeling its a good one
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have a bad gut feeling [Big Grin]
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
if picking out good movies was like the stock market, then i would be warren buffet, i hardly ever miss
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I would have lost $394 million in cash!
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i find your lack of faith disturbing, i shall now apply the invisble chokehold
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Unusual but effective! [Wink]
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
ha! is that a quote from mr. sakamoto?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow, I can't believe you picked up on that! I like to refer to him though as Big Sak [Big Grin]
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
it is my business to know these things
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
So, in honour of the Cubs, ''What two Cubs pitched no-hitters in 1972?''
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
milt pappas and burt hooten
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hooten and Pappas, you got a winner!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home