iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » How often do you watch your favorite movies?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How often do you watch your favorite movies?
Stiggs
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every 6 months? Every Year? Every few years? I guess it depends on how many favorite movies you have and how much movie watching time you have.

I would personally like to be able to watch my favorites once every year, but that is not possible with my lifestyle. A small amount of movies I can do this with, but not as many as I would like to.

Would you get sick of watching the same movies over and over?

How long have you gone between viewings of some of your favorite movies?

Lots of questions!

| Site Updates: IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I guess it depends on how many favorite movies you have and how much movie watching time you have.
^This^

quote:
Would you get sick of watching the same movies over and over?
Not sick - bored.

quote:
How long have you gone between viewings of some of your favorite movies?
Years.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stiggs
unregistered

21 Updates!

Logan 5, so I gather that you don't rewatch very often? Do you have a lot of movie watching time these days? Do you watch a lot of post-80s movies, or are you more 80s-centric like CrashesParties n TheValley?

quote:
Originally posted by CrashesParties n TheValley:
Well for me 80s Movies are not only a hobby but its a way of life.

CPnTV, it sounds like we share the same view. I stick to mostly 80s, so any time I do watch something, it's gonna be from the 80s. I agree that certain movies have their own season attached to them. For some reason I like to watch The Goonies in the fall usually around Thanksgiving.
| Site Updates: 21 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've rewatched most of my favourite movies so many times I only feel the need to see them every year or so now. I had less movie watching time over the last couple of years than ever before, which doesn't help. I watch all kind of movies from all eras.

Goonies is something I watch as a comfort film.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearcatrock
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9385

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bearcatrock   Email Bearcatrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, due to time and too many movies to watch... I neglect the classics. I'm more likely to rewatch TV shows (e.g., Twin Peaks or Square Pegs) than movies for some reason. It may be that I overdid most of the movies when I was younger. However, I can watch Some Kind of Wonderful every year... easily.

It's actually a bit of a regret. In the end, I think the problem is that I would rather watch them with one of my 80's loving friends, but none of us have enough time, so we keep putting it off. For shame...

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

My favorite movies I mostly watch when they are on TV. Netflix offers some too. It's great, but have you ever turned on Netflix and suddenly thought their is nothing to watch? Am I the only person that does this? Is anyone listening to me?

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bearcatrock:
Unfortunately, due to time and too many movies to watch... I neglect the classics. I'm more likely to rewatch TV shows (e.g., Twin Peaks or Square Pegs) than movies for some reason. It may be that I overdid most of the movies when I was younger. However, I can watch Some Kind of Wonderful every year... easily.

It's actually a bit of a regret. In the end, I think the problem is that I would rather watch them with one of my 80's loving friends, but none of us have enough time, so we keep putting it off. For shame...
[

QUOTE]
Agree that it would bealot of fun getting together sometimes to watch an 80s flick with friends from that time. There's just not time anymore.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stiggs
unregistered

14 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
have you ever turned on Netflix and suddenly thought their is nothing to watch?

I do this most of the time, but then once in a while I go to the search and start finding things. Then after I watch a thing or two, their recommendations start bringing in other good stuff.
quote:
Originally posted by Bearcatrock:
I would rather watch them with one of my 80's loving friends

Don't we all wish we could find the time to get together and have a movie night with friends? Adults don't do this enough. There needs to be a movie night revival. Now that we have big screen tvs and microwave popcorn, it'd be great!
| Site Updates: 14 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I remember not too long ago there was a time when we here at the rewind got together for a movie night on occasion. Was a totally fun time for all I'm sure. Hope maybe we could possibly do it again in the future sometime.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I typically go in seasons with my movies. Not for everyone of them, but for several. Then when that season hits, I may watch the movie a couple times in a couple months. I then put it away until next year. Examples would be:

Fall:
Planes Trains & Automobiles
Ghost Busters

Summer:
What About Bob
Great Outdoors (probably watch that 3-4 times)
Summer Rental
Field of Dreams
Family Vacation
Caddyshack

Winter (post Christmas):
Baby Boom
Groundhog's Day

Christmas:
All the 80's Christmas movies

Spring:
Major League
Breakfast Club

The ones I watch all year (several times) are:
Wall Street
Funny Farm
Goonies
BIG

I'm probably missing a few favorites but that is a basic run down.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home