iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Halloween III: Season Of The Witch (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Halloween III: Season Of The Witch
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Not only just one of my favorite movies to watch at Halloween its one of my fav movies of all times. I know lots of people dont like this movie because its the only halloween movies not to feature the Infamous Michael Myers.

-

-

This is all in all a good movie with a great story/plot and it explains the Origins Of Halloween and the meaning of SAMHAIN.

-

-

Looking forward to watching this classic in the next couple of weeks

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a very good movie and includes one of the coolest actors of all time - Tom Atkins.
I also love the soundtrack composed by John Carpenter and Alan Howarth.
I remember when we listened it back in the 80s and loved it already back then.
I still own the lp version.

-

Halloween III will be released on dvd again here in Finland next week with this cover:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This and the first film are the only ones of the series I adore. Will be watching both this month. And I love that Finnish cover [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this when it first came out in theaters and me and my girlfriend hated it. Not because there was no Michael Myers but it just wasn't good. I've never watched it since. Maybe I'll put it in my netflix queue and see what I think 30 years after first seeing it. LOL
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
It is a very good movie and includes one of the coolest actors of all time - Tom Atkins.
I also love the soundtrack composed by John Carpenter and Alan Howarth.
I remember when we listened it back in the 80s and loved it already back then.
I still own the lp version.

-

Halloween III will be released on dvd again here in Finland next week with this cover:

-

@aTomiK: Glad you mention the excellent score done by John Carpenter & Alan Howarth(cant believe i left that out)In my opinion it what makes the movie good. How cool is that you own the Lp version soundtrack.. I've downloaded "Chariots Of Pumpkins" thats my fav track..still i would love to own the vinyl its much more vintage than a cd.

@Helen_s: I totally agree with you.. In my opinion Halloween & Halloween III are the best in the installments

@skatexedge: Give Halloween III another chance check it out on netflix like you said. And with it being october no better chance to check it out [Cool] and you dont even have to wait till halloween night to watch it.. The movie starts "8 Days Before Halloween" (Oct 23rd) Thats when i pop it in and watch [Smile]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViennaRage
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 13710

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ViennaRage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween III is underrated, for sure. It's one of those situations where the title dominates the film itself and so, no matter how good it is, people will automatically watch it with disdain due to the fact that it's a "Halloween" movie. They probably should have just given it a different title. It does have a killer score too, I agree...I just bought it on vinyl recently (there is a massive and really awesome record store near where I live).
Posts: 20 | From: Beaverton, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
@Viennarage: A lot of people would agree with you about the name of the movie. Even the director Tommy Lee Wallace himself says(in the Halloween:25 Years Of Terror interview) the film should have been released as.. Season Of The Witch and should NOT had the Halloween title in it. I myself dont mind that the film is call Halloween III. And im really starting to get jealous that you guys have the soundtrack [Big Grin] Now i must have it and soon!

-

Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've watched all the other halloween movies but never this one. Mainly because I thought I wouldn't like it with no Michael Myers. I've been reading alot about it on here lately and have been thinking I would probably relly enjoy this one. Better add it to my amazon list [Smile]
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
"Watch The Magic Pumpkin...Watch"

-

-

-

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed that it's a decent enough picture, and probably would have been rated higher had it been able to stand on its own. Perhaps sometime in the future, nonetheless, if they insist on pushing ahead with the current reboot series, they should (if they can get intelligent writers for it) take a stab at perhaps tying this into the Myers mythos, just for the heck of completing the circle.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love that vintage poster!

I would also like to add that i love the opening credits.
Really sets the mood, right from the start.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very good film
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViennaRage
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 13710

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ViennaRage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrashesParties n TheValley:
@Viennarage: A lot of people would agree with you about the name of the movie. Even the director Tommy Lee Wallace himself says(in the Halloween:25 Years Of Terror interview) the film should have been released as.. Season Of The Witch and should NOT had the Halloween title in it. I myself dont mind that the film is call Halloween III. And im really starting to get jealous that you guys have the soundtrack [Big Grin] Now i must have it and soon!

-

Yeah, I personally don't care that "Halloween" is in the title--it's mainly just curiosity as to how different the public's perception would be (overall) of the movie if it didn't have that. I just view it as a unique installment in the Halloween universe. The soundtrack is definitely pretty sweet. If there are any record stores near you, I'm sure they either have it or can get it somehow. If all else fails, there's always ebay. [Smile]
Posts: 20 | From: Beaverton, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out youtube, the magic pumpkin disco edit
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Love that vintage poster!

I would also like to add that i love the opening credits.
Really sets the mood, right from the start.

I totally agree! [Smile] I love the opening credits i admitt i rewind that part everytime i watch the film.
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 -

Found this image of Halloween III..Now had this came out im america with michael myers on the cover i think people would have hated this movie even more than they did.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, it´s a Global Video scandi dvd cover art.
I don´t know what to say, it´s so cheap.
Someone should give the art director a pumpkin mask [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've just picked this up on blu ray,definitely worth the upgrade from vhs/dvd,great picture,sound and some quality extras.

plus shout factory don't seem to use those crummy eco cases i so despise.

-

here's the old thorn emi uk video artwork which i like,only downside to this version is it was cut by the bbfc

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice artwork, warrior.
But i still prefer this US MCA VHS cover art which i believe is from the original release.

-

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe some day I will see this movie!

I've just haven't had acess to it...well that's more of an excuse. But I will get to it one day.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Hey Gordon.. Sorry you havnt had access to this movie but it you do happen to come across it check it out im pretty sure you will like it.

-

-

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see this! Need some movies to see in time for Halloween. Remember the VHS cover vividly when I was young!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
"7 More Days Till Hallowen, Halloween, Halloween... I started watching this movie yesterday since the movie begins on October 23rd.
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching it now over at YouTube. =)
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home