iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What's your 'go-to' 80s movie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your 'go-to' 80s movie?
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of us have an 80s movie that we reach for whenever we just need to step back in time for a while. Maybe you need cheering up, or modern life gets so stressed and 'real' that you need reminding of an earlier age - otherwise known as the 'Go To' movie....

Now, be sure here - your go-to movie isn't necessarily your favorite - or even close. And it's not what you or anyone else might consider 'the best'. But it IS the one that just makes you feel good inside, makes you smile, and makes you want to get past the end credits simply because you can then hit the play button once more.

Resorted to mine last night, as I was stressed out and needed to just chill for an hour with some feel-good stuff, but my choice in these situations isn't (to Valley's surprise) Some Kind Of Wonderful.

My choice each time is Real Genius.

All the way through, I know I'm headed towards the kids swimming in Popcorn to Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants to Rule The World". And the way they get there just fils me with happy thoughts.

So go on - your Go To movie choice, please....

[ 15. August 2012, 03:54: Message edited by: P_a_u_l ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

mines got to be the party animal,the things so completely bonkers you can't help but come away from it with a big grin on your face.

plus it's got a killer soundtrack

buzzcocks - why can't i touch it - http://youtu.be/0PF9iXrn09Y

just a girl - the convertibles - http://youtu.be/dSSxfht6IdI

the other one i'd probably grab for is

-

national lampoon's vacation

basically a really funny movie that again is so daft and crazy you can't help but come away from it with a feel good spirit.

same again it's got some real catchy music on the soundtrack

holiday road- lindsey buckingham -
http://youtu.be/jY9xZoKiBgU

dancin cross the u.s.a - lindsey buckingham - http://youtu.be/milbV8wb37Y .

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple and it really depends on my mood. For example, for motivation, I watch Wall Street. Surprise surprise, your name on here is Gecko! Obviously that movie takes a twist for the worse, but when he's climbing the ladder, nothing gets me more excited.

Another go to for summer months is The Great Outdoors. Everytime I watch that movie I laugh my butt off. Just gets me in the mood for summer and vactions up north.

There are others like Plains Trains during early holiday time, and of course Christmas Vacation any time near Christmas.

But my all time favorite go to movie, when I just want to sit back and enjoy is..........

-

Funny Farm!

I've mentioned in on here before, that I can't quite put my finger on what it is about this movie that keeps bringing me back. It's not the funniest movie, it's not the best movie, but it just always hits the spot. I think it's the idea that I share with them, of someday moving to the country and having a simpler life. It hits on some of the same hesitations I have, will I go crazy with nothing to do? In the end though, I think it shows, that it can be what you make of it. It might not be the same as city life, you don't have all the "things" you are used to, but you gain a realness when life slows down a bit. At least that's my silly little dream..... But then again, I could end up rolling boulders down a hill at a mailman. [Wink]

[ 14. August 2012, 10:41: Message edited by: gordongecko ]

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley Girl. Straight up my #1 go to 80's movie!
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm...this is a toughie. at this point though I think mine would have to be:

-

This is one of a few 80's films that just NEVER gets old to me, even having seen it countless times. And even after a f#%ked up day. This movie can always put a smile on my face.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

3 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on the mood. If I'm feeling sexy and naughty I just put The Beastmaster.
| Site Updates: 3 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird science everytime
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jforsberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12862

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jforsberg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love National Lampoon Vacation!! seriously one of my favorite movies!
Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our top 3!

-

-

-

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home