iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What Movie Locations Have You Been To (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What Movie Locations Have You Been To
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to work at the J.C. Penney store in Monroeville, PA where Dawn of the Dead was filmed. The mall is pretty much the same except the ice skating rink was removed in the 1980's and a food court was put there. The mall is kinda run down and shabby now. I've been to most of the places in All The Right Moves. I have yet to go look at Stef's house, and I found out where they filmed the scene where Lea Thompson and the Coach's wife have a conversation. I need to take pics! Also, Slapshot was filmed when I was a little kid and I've been to the Cambria County War Memorial arena too many times to count for everything from concerts, hockey games, home remodeling shows,etc. I would love to find out the location of the team owner's house and also the cabin where the one player hides out from Paul Newman. I used to walk around in Central Park in Johnstown when we would go visit my Grandparents downtown and my Grandfather would sometimes buy popcorn at Glosser Bros. store and we'd feed the pigeons.
I really want to find the church in Ohio where the Deer Hunter was filmed.
I also told my husband that we are going to Astoria someday and going to the state park and driving by all of the houses used in the Goonies.

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
quote:
Originally posted by gotta go back:
Thats termites holding hands. Have some respect for our forefathers. My forefathers?! Your forefathers!

Queue the deer.
Love that line Bernie and have used it many times.
Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I used to work at the J.C. Penney store in Monroeville, PA where Dawn of the Dead was filmed. The mall is pretty much the same except the ice skating rink was removed in the 1980's and a food court was put there. The mall is kinda run down and shabby now. I've been to most of the places in All The Right Moves. I have yet to go look at Stef's house, and I found out where they filmed the scene where Lea Thompson and the Coach's wife have a conversation. I need to take pics! Also, Slapshot was filmed when I was a little kid and I've been to the Cambria County War Memorial arena too many times to count for everything from concerts, hockey games, home remodeling shows,etc. I would love to find out the location of the team owner's house and also the cabin where the one player hides out from Paul Newman. I used to walk around in Central Park in Johnstown when we would go visit my Grandparents downtown and my Grandfather would sometimes buy popcorn at Glosser Bros. store and we'd feed the pigeons.
I really want to find the church in Ohio where the Deer Hunter was filmed.
I also told my husband that we are going to Astoria someday and going to the state park and driving by all of the houses used in the Goonies.

Were you able to see any of the filming of those movies Pittsburghgirl?
Been to Astoria 3 times. Charming little town. We stayed at the Lamplighter Motel which was very clean but was right by the main road and was noisy. We turned on a box fan (for the hum that drowned out the cars) in the room and that helped alot. We were able to walk to the Short Circuit house from there which was only a couple blocks away.

Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gotta go back, unfortunately I was not old enough to see the filming of any of the movies. When they filmed All The Right Moves, you had to be 16 to be an extra. My brother went down to the stadium (Point Stadium) one night. My friend's sister was an extra for most of the shoot. Also had a couple of friends who met Tom Cruise while they shot the scene of the guys trashing the coach's house- it was shot very close to their homes. The girl who played the head cheerleader (you will see her at the pep rally and also at the house party dancing) ended up working with me when I was a little older. I also knew some of the football players but not too many because they were a few years older than me. I really wish I could have been around for the filming of Slap Shot too. My Mother and I were going to go shopping at Glosser Bros. one Sat. afternoon when it was filming, and on the opposite corner of the street waiting to cross also was JoAnn Woodward, Paul Newman's wife. I heard that the producers called her in because Paul and the gang were getting way too rowdy and they were having a hard time completing the film on schedule. I know they trashed the Holiday Inn while they stayed there. Sounds to me they had alot of fun filming. I am still looking for a Palm Isle beer coaster as a souvenir- the place burnt down a few years back. It was one of the bars where they filmed.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
quote:
Thats termites holding hands. Have some respect for our forefathers. My forefathers?! Your forefathers!

Queue the deer.
Love that line Bernie and have used it many times.
I've used it more than a few [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Not last year but the year before that i went on holiday to vienna and went to prater park in vienna's city center where they filmed scenes from - the living daylights and - before sunrise.

i went on the risenrad (pictured) the oldest big wheel in the world what timothy dalton and Maryam d'Abo were filmed on as well ethan hawke and julie delpy.

vienna hosts the eurovision song contest tomorrow (no doubt the uk will come near last again [Big Grin] ) and it just come up on the news and jogged my memory to post on here.

it's a really great city and if you ever get chance to visit i say go for it!

the street food alone is worth it.

https://youtu.be/CDmVOW4AWA0 - scene from before sunrise where hawke and delpy kiss on the risenrad ferris wheel overlooking the prater park in Vienna.

[ 22. May 2015, 18:00: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Looks like fun young warrior. If I ever get to Europe, I'll have to look for it.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

WOW! Those 3 people standing side by side by side in the closest cart look so small. That thing must be gigantic.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it is a big old size (65 metres),the thing that gets to you a bit is how creaky it all is as it sounds like it is actually going to fall apart on you at times.

You can actually have a sit down meal on one of the carriages which would be cool but if I remember right quite pricey!

Infact while we was in Vienna it was this theme park the prater park where the risenrad big wheel is at that we blew most of our budget as you have to pay a few euro each ride and when you times that by a family of 4 or 5 it soon adds up.

It was great fun though.

Check out this video of prater park Vienna it gives you a good idea of what it is like - http://youtu.be/xWL1TkLohY8

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKE THE PIPER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MIKE THE PIPER   Author's Homepage   Email MIKE THE PIPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The buildings that were the basis of the Police Academy movies are still intact for the most part up here in West Toronto.

Here's a few pics I took last year

MY PIC 2013
 -

THE MOVIE
 -

MY PIC 2013
 -

THE MOVIE
 -

MY PIC
 -

THE MOVIE
 -

-
 -

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

those are very cool MIKE
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
yeah great pics mike,please tell me you haven't got pics of the blue oyster bar as well [Big Grin]

[ 12. June 2015, 19:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Nice pictures Mike
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And last year I was in Niagara Falls, where a few familiar sites from Canadian Bacon could be glimpsed.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIKE THE PIPER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MIKE THE PIPER   Author's Homepage   Email MIKE THE PIPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
yeah great pics mike,please tell me you haven't got pics of the blue oyster bar as well [Big Grin]

NO Blue Oyster for me ! LOL

Here's a crazy detailed site of almost every shooting location of Police Academy.

http://proudhug.blogspot.ca/2012/10/police-academy.html?m=1

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

quote:

Check out this video of prater park Vienna it gives you a good idea of what it is like - http://youtu.be/xWL1TkLohY8 [/QB]

I finally found this. Wasn't sure which topic it was on. The SPIRAL LIFT on that coaster was different. Never seen that style before. And that TAGADA. No restraints and rider are encouraged to get up and try to defy gravity! WHAT!

Our local fun park has been around since the 70s. If you want to check it out on YOUTUBE, it is called WORLDS OF FUN in Kansas City

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1491130#p1491130. - that looks a really cool theme park actually terdnthepoolggb,have you been many times to it?

That waterslide verruckt (the worlds tallest) at kansas city schlitterbahn waterpark looks insane!

https://youtu.be/NG-uY2wze2Y - verruckt waterslide video.

Have you been on it yet and if not could you see yourself going on it?

Looks pretty intense [Eek!]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

quote:
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1491130#p1491130. - that looks a really cool theme park actually terdnthepoolggb,have you been many times to it?

That waterslide verruckt (the worlds tallest) at kansas city schlitterbahn waterpark looks insane!

https://youtu.be/NG-uY2wze2Y - verruckt waterslide video.

Have you been on it yet and if not could you see yourself going on it?

Looks pretty intense [Eek!]

As a youngster I went to Worlds of Fun many times in the 70s and 80s. Probably less than 10 times since. Oceans of Fun just a handful of times.
I looked at the link you supplied Warrior and thought it was pretty good. Thanx. I especially like the sign he took a picture of of the Timber Wolf warning. It is a wooden coaster. I found his remarks about the coaster to be accurate. That thing jerks you around and I will never ride it again and I know many who share this opinion.

Did you notice the ZOLTAR game?

I have not riden a lot of the new rides but the Detonator and Mamba I have. The Detonator is the most intense ride I have ever been on, You launch straight up, REAL FAST, 210 feet. The Mamba roller coaster has a 200 foot drop to start and it is fast. I believe it reaches 70 miles per hour.

I really need to go to WOF with my son cause hes at that age but IM a little leary about the rides. We went to the local traveling carnival last year and we rode this thing and it was on full blast and it jacked me up for the rest of the day. A case of getting old I guess.

Verruckt looks insane!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Was in St. Louis Missouri over the weekend and missed my turn on the freeway. I turned around at the next chance and on the way back we went across the Mississippi river...the old man..deeeep river. The same bridge the Griswolds went across going into st. Louis. I could'nt help throwing out some lines from that scene with the family. Memories
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Was in St. Louis Missouri over the weekend and missed my turn on the freeway. I turned around at the next chance and on the way back we went across the Mississippi river...the old man..deeeep river. The same bridge the Griswolds went across going into st. Louis. I could'nt help throwing out some lines from that scene with the family. Memories

Excuse me, homes?

Anytime we go in to a bad neighborhood, I always say to my wife, "roll em up!"

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since moving to Arizona years ago, I've been to several locations for Bill& Ted's Excellent Adventure. The shopping mall at the end. The high school at the beginning, the Circle K (of course we sat on the curb and said "strange things are afoot at the Circle K!") and the waterslide park that doubled for Waterloo.

I need to make it down to Tucson to check the locations for Can't Buy Me Love and Just One Of The Guys at some point. [Smile]

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I took many pictures of the Ashkeigh Falls, Lenane, County Galway, in Ireland on our tour back in June. The movie The Field was filmed there, starring Tom Berenger and Richard Harris. I have never seen the movie. The tour guide told us about it.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Was in Estes Park Colorado this summer and checked out the Stanley Hotel where Stephen Kings the Shining was inspired. Contrary to what I have heard, From what I have read it was not filmed there but it is still cool to walk thru. It is very old. If you want to check it out, they want $10 to park and you can roam around. We went around 7-8 oclock and nobody was at the entrance anymore so we got in free. hint hint. DUmb and dumber had some scenes filmed there.
Lateralis81
Rewind Curious
Member # 37519

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lateralis81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Tucson, so, fortunately i’ve been to lots. But to sum it up, here are some movie locations that i’ve been to...

Can’t Buy Me Love
Revenge of the Nerds
The Wraith
Major League
Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore (70s)
Cannonball Run (had live filming when i was in first grade)
Iron Eagle
Tin Cup
Three Amigos

My trip to Chicago lead me to:

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Breakfast Club
Home Alone

Lots of others but this is a list off the top of my head.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgurl
Rewinder
Member # 37514

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Term, very nice, ha ha.
Lateralis81 that is an impressive list.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home