iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What Movie Locations Have You Been To (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What Movie Locations Have You Been To
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a fascination with movie locations and I would like to know the movie locations everybody has been to. Thanks for sharing.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots and lots. My favorites: The Minneapolis club featured in Purple Rain. The street corner in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, where Tom Cruise tells Craig T. Nelson that he's not God, just a high school typing teacher in All the Right Moves. (I take movie buff friends there, and we re-enact it.) The gazebo in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, where the Castle Rock killer killed the young girl in Dead Zone. Most Pittsburgh locations for Flashdance, The Silence of the Lambs, and Striking Distance, and the mall in the original Dawn of the Dead. A bunch of Philadelphia locations from DePalma's Blow Out. And, of course, the Philadelphia Art Museum steps from Rocky.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
near the lincoln memorial where forest and jenny met in dc
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

i've been to alcatraz island,san francisco back in 2004- escape from alcatraz,the enforcer,the rock and numerous other movies spring to mind,plus been to the underground garage where eddie murphy drives his dusty old banger out of after getting out of prison in 48 hours also in san francisco.

-

also been to six flags magic mountain on the viper ride where they shot footage for true romance http://youtu.be/eZNsrguUnq8 and also went on the big white wooden coaster colossus where they shot footage for national lampoons vacation.

-

also been to venice beach ,i know they've shot a few scenes there over the years.

-

here in the u.k a lot of the great 2001 movie last orders was filmed in an around kent- margate pier,canterbury(cathedral),chatham,rochester etc.

[ 08. July 2012, 01:25: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a Bahamas cruise about 14 years ago, we traveled through the lagoon near Nassau where some of the ocean scenes in Splash were filmed.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once spent a whole weekend annoying my friends because I kept stopping and pointing out movie locations around the streets of New York City. I especially liked finding scenes from Breakin' in Central Park, and the spot where Peter Parker's uncle died in Spiderman, outside the New York City Library.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
On a Bahamas cruise about 14 years ago, we traveled through the lagoon near Nassau where some of the ocean scenes in Splash were filmed.

Cool. Did you happen to see any locations from the movie Thunderball Which did some scenes there.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

14 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last month I went to 728 Ocean Drive Miami where the chainsaw scene from Scarface was done.
| Site Updates: 14 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Juhl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10024

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Adam Juhl   Email Adam Juhl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to a few places in Wellinton where they've shot Bad Taste(1987)and The Frighteners(1996).
Posts: 61 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2011 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Falkor
Rewinder
Member # 7874

17 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Falkor   Email Falkor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a recent trip to Dallas I went to Southfork ranch and also saw several of the filming locations for Robocop.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 17  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to the Sherman Oaks Galleria before it got demolished. (Fast Times, Valley Girl, Commando). Venice Beach pavilion before they renovated that (Roller Boogie, Breakin') plus most of the SF locations for 48HRS. =)
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't The Galleria still there? Or is it still there but it has been rebuilt or something?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on the Warner bros tour in LA so been to where they filmed Gremlins, the church from The Lost Boys, and scenes from pee wee's big adventure etc. Also universal studios tram tour takes you to where they filmed The Burbs, Back to the future and the cabin from The Great outdoors.
Ive always wanted to go to the train track from stand by me and the Goonies house

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Goonies. The small town of Astoria, Oregon is so cool, I believe I could live there. We have been to Astoria 3 times and still want to go back. We went to The Goonies House and Datas, the Clatsop County Jail were the Fratelli escaped, toured The Flavel House, bowled a game at the bowling alley Chunk was in(it was my dad and my sons 1st game ever bowling), saw the high school football field, drove across the Astoria-Megler Bridge, went to Ecola State Park where the Fratellis hideout was. Was unable to find Mouths house.

Also checked out the house from Short Circuit and the Elementary school in Kindergarten Cop.

skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Isn't The Galleria still there? Or is it still there but it has been rebuilt or something?

I was there in summer of 1990. It was damaged in the Northridge earthquake in 1994. I've heard they built a different mall in the same place.
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the T1000 still hanging around there?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by gotta go back:
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Goonies. The small town of Astoria, Oregon is so cool, I believe I could live there. We have been to Astoria 3 times and still want to go back. We went to The Goonies House and Datas, the Clatsop County Jail were the Fratelli escaped, toured The Flavel House, bowled a game at the bowling alley Chunk was in(it was my dad and my sons 1st game ever bowling), saw the high school football field, drove across the Astoria-Megler Bridge, went to Ecola State Park where the Fratellis hideout was. Was unable to find Mouths house.

Also checked out the house from Short Circuit and the Elementary school in Kindergarten Cop.

I'm so jealous. If I ever go there I am putting on my purple rain t shirt my size 5's and I am going for a bike ride [Smile] Oh and I am putting on Cyndi Lauper's Good Enough on my walkman.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
quote:

I'm so jealous. If I ever go there I am putting on my purple rain t shirt my size 5's and I am going for a bike ride [Smile] Oh and I am putting on Cyndi Lauper's Good Enough on my walkman.
Hey Bernie, Dont forget to do the truffle shuffle. If you ever make it there I highly recommend driving down the Oregon Coast, it is an outstanding trip.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I actually have a bit of a Chunk like gut now. If I go I will do it for sure:

-

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

The Covered bridges in The Bridges of Madison County in Winterset, Iowa
 -

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Kinda looks like the bridge from Funny Farm too
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Thats termites holding hands. Have some respect for our forefathers. My forefathers?! Your forefathers!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday The 13th-the actual camp, diner & main street in Blairstown

Mannequin-Prince & Co. store, which is Macy's in downtown Philly & Illustra store, which is actually Boscov's in Camp Hill, PA.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Thats termites holding hands. Have some respect for our forefathers. My forefathers?! Your forefathers!

Queue the deer.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that was the bridge from Funny Farm right away too!!!! One of my favorite movies!!!

"well I'm a son of a B*&%"

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home