iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Obscure 80's teen/sexual comedy/drama Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obscure 80's teen/sexual comedy/drama Movie
belkai
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12381

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for belkai   Email belkai   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, hope you can help, i've been looking for a film that i watched years ago on late night T.V. i'm pretty sure it's from the 80's but could be 79ish, i know this is vague! i think it was based in california & was a kind of a late teen/sexual comedy drama/road movie, one of the characters was a bit like George Martin in police academy (womaniser) & he was like a mentor for a younger guy, i think one of the guy's was hispanic but could've been both, i remember a beach party scene & at one point i think one of the guys was abandoned at a gas station by the woman he was travelling with), thats the most i can recall it's been a long time since i seen it, but it was a good film, it's doing my head trying to find it,

cheers for any help
[Confused]

[ 27. July 2012, 15:31: Message edited by: belkai ]

Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a stretch and it doesn't quite fit your description, but how about:

- (click for Rewind movie page)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it isn't The Sure Thing, it'll need to be a brilliant movie to be half as good...
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belkai
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12381

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for belkai   Email belkai   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for your time, i'll check it out to see if it is, but i don't think so! it's agony when you can see certain scene's from a film but can't remember the title,
Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be Walk Proud (1979)?

Check out the Walk Proud Rewind thread

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belkai
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12381

Rate Member
No its not Walk Proud, but thanks anyway,
belkai
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12381

Rate Member
It's Not The Sure Thing Either, i think it had a beach party scene like in The Allnighter,
belkai
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12381

Rate Member
maybe a bit older than a coming of age movie, if i was trying to describe the type of people and the film i would say it was late teen sexual comedy/drama,
belkai
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12381

Rate Member
anymore ideas guys,

thanks for your time

jforsberg
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12862

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jforsberg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...Modern Girls?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Losin' It'?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belkai
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 12381

Rate Member
UPDATE

hope you can help, i'm looking for a film i watched on late night t.v. years ago, the film was kind of a late teens/ early 20's comedy drama/road movie from the 70's or early 80's, i think the story of this film was a guy "looking for love/sex", one of the main character's was a young man who i think at one point was travelling by car with a woman/women & he was dumped or left behind by a gas station or similar maybe in the early hours of the morning or at some point in the night, i remember as the woman dumped him she was telling him that they weren't right for each other & had different ambitions/dreams, she was pretty but a bit "dizzy", not sure if she was a prostitute, think this was towards the end of the film, (trying to remember stuff you've forgot is really hard) lol

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home