iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Lost 80's Horror Thread (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Lost 80's Horror Thread
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh mercy. Guess that means I'll be deleting it from my que!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rawhead Rex (1986)

Ireland will never be the same after Rawhead Rex, a particularly nasty demon, is released from his underground prison by an unwitting farmer. The film follows Rex's cross country rampage, while a man struggles to stop it. --IMDb

-

A cheesy monster movie based on a Clive Barker short story. Worth watching at least once -- if only to laugh your head off.

The scene with the priest being "baptised" is particularly funny.

A few random shots:

-
 -
 -

-

Rawhead Rex is on youtube, if anybody wants to watch it.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J2ME .. those flashing images from "Rawhead Rex" are great! [Smile]

Here's another lost one, and some will say for good reason:

-

Someone is going around brutally murdering fashion models. The only connection between the victims seems to be that they have all had pictures taken by the same photographer at the same photo studio.

-

As the dead bodies continue to pile up the police cant help but wonder if someone who works at the studio is responsible for the murders. Is it the guy that owns the studio, his weird business partner, the angry delivery girl who seems to hate every other human being on the planet, or someone entirely different who just has some sort of grudge in general against models?

-

Actually "Night Ripper" is short on gore and quite the low budget stalker. It is probably best remembered for the creepy mannequins scenes..

but wait ..

-

Is that Donovan Leitch still hiding behind the water cooler from "Cutting Class"? [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
nightmare maker(1981) aka butcher,baker,nightmare maker - never seen this one.
 - [/QB]

Check the full movie out here. AKA Night Warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAtEWkxOkDw&feature=related

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under-the-radar dvd releases from a few months back :

- Dreamaniac (1986) trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SzFnIVmLaY

- Mutant Hunt (1987) from the director of Breeders !
trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dASmpkit60

Don't expect much when it comes to picture-quality.. these movies still look about the same
as they always did. (on VHS that is)

Also released in the same collection is Necropolis (1987), but avoid this disc at all costs :
for most part of the movie the audio is out of sync with the picture.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, just watched Dreamaniac and Mutant Hunt trailers.
Fun C-grade stuff [Cool]

I own Breeders on dvd and Necropolis on VHS. Weird and fun flicks.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blood Cult, 1985:

-

First slasher film made for the home market back in the day..... and it's about as much of a "b" movie as humanly possible! Worth a watch just to see how far we've come.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0136735/

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked.. I never knew that "Blood Cult" was the first direct to video release?!! That is very cool trivia. [Cool]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by skatexedge:
FYI...Pieces, in all of it's uncut glory,is available on YouTube for your viewing pleasure! There are a TON of other 80's (and other years) horror flicks on there too. Totally free!

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USDgvVbjKy0

Here is a fan commentary on Pieces.

Please enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhqQlZX6N7w

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antropophagus (1980)
 -

I really enjoyed this. Mixes slasher, cannibal, and gore elements well. A little slow in the middle, but the creppy feeling holds up.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Spreadking .. "Antropophagus" should almost come with warning labels for it's shocking gore. But definitely a bit slow and it crosses the line of disturbing with one of the kill scenes too.

Saw the uncut version .. [Eek!]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

I truly thought this one was gonna be a cool little find from me .. but totally got mixed reviews on my recommendation.

But here you go..

"Nightwish" is about a group of college students who follow their professor to a secluded old mansion that's supposedly home to some paranormal activity. The students are their to observe and document the events that occur in hopes of proving the existence of ghosts or the supernatural in general. However, they begin to question the intentions of their eccentric professor when he decides to put the students through a series of dangerous tests.

-

"Nightwish" stars Clayton Rohner, Elizabeth Kaitan (Friday the 13th VII), Brian Thompson (Miracle Mile), Jack Starrett (First Blood), and my fav from this film Alisha Das.

-

Most people give "Nightwish" credit for originality, but it is a very obscure 80's movie that has recently become available on Netflix Instant watch. The beginning of the film deals with dream research and more specifically researching subjects that envision dying in their dreams. Kinda creepy I know, however that is just the beginning of this wild ride.

Speaking of wild rides .. just the adventure to the spooky Sccoby Doo like mansion with Brian Thompson mugging as he drives the students to their destination was scary enough for me.

-

But wait, is that girl naked? Maybe, I'll keep watching just to see if it gets any scarier. [Wink]

Despite Ronnie not being a huge fan of "Nightwish" after I talked her into watching it (I thought she'd dig it for Bruno X) .. I still want to mention "Nightwish" for anyone that has 1 hour and 36 minutes they aren't afraid to waste some late night! [Big Grin]

[ 13. July 2012, 16:51: Message edited by: Valley ]

Shannon80sfan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 8491

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Shannon80sfan   Author's Homepage   Email Shannon80sfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Far for my Friday the 13th Marathon I have watch These!
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 92 | From: Tennesseee | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

never seen nightwish valley,i wouldn't mind checking it out,seems to have a pretty decent cast what with clayton rohner and cobra's brian thompson.

very hard to come about here in the u.k,it's never had a dvd release as far as i know and the now deleted vhs goes for a hefty price.

[ 12. October 2012, 11:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Nighwish looks pretty cool.
IMDb says it´s a 1990 film and someone put the Finnish band live dvd cover art there [Cool]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Nightwish" was released in a few theaters in Europe back in 1989 .. it didn't do well .. and it only got a video release in in the USA in 1990. I think that is where the IMDb date might have come from.

Hope you guys get a chance to check it out sometime. No masterpiece, but the cast is great.

Once again there is a hard to find 'uncut' version of it as well.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Val, Nightwish was tough to watch.. the quality was so bad..perhaps it would make a difference if the picture and sound had been better? Hmm...

Pyro mentioned a movie in another thread..."Deadly Blessing"... I wonder if it's any good.

(1981)
 -

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie .. Funny you should mention "Deadly Blessing" .. I watched it last week. I remembered it being creepy.. especially the bath tub scene. However, I really struggled to get into it. Neat to see Sharon Stone in a different kind of movie, but I was disappointed in Lisa Hartman's role.

It was directed by Wes Craven which is a plus.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
Val, Nightwish was tough to watch.. the quality was so bad..perhaps it would make a difference if the picture and sound had been better? Hmm...

Pyro mentioned a movie in another thread..."Deadly Blessing"... I wonder if it's any good.

(1981)
 -

Honestly, unless you're a real hardcore fan of these kind of cheesy old 80's horror flicks, this one might be kinda hard to get into. True it is interesting to see Sharon Stone in this film as young as she is. But still, from a general standpoint, I don't think it's aged too well. I would still say give it a watch though just to see for yourself..you may end up liking it.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Deadly Blessing
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"I Saw What You Did' was actually a 1988 tv movie that was a remake of the Joan Crawford film from the 60's with the same title.

-

The 1988 version starred Shawnee Smith and Tammy Lauren as two teens, Lisa and Kim, who for kicks begin making prank calls seductively saying "I saw what you did!". But when they randomly call a guy chosen out of the phonebook named Adrian Lancer, the prank goes very bad. You see Adrian has just killed someone and now he thinks they actually saw him do it.

It's all fun and games Lisa and Kim.. until you mistakenly stalk a deranged killer!

-

This was a very good rather unknown thriller.

Why you should watch it..

Great to see Robert Carradine in a different type of role and kinda cool that David Carradine played his brother in the movie.

The director was Fred Walton who also directed the films "When A Stranger Calls" and "April Fool's Day".

The little sister that starts the idea of prank calls is Candance Cameron who you might remember as Cindy Nelson from "Some Kind of Wonderful".

This movie actually won an Emmy for Cinematography.

Hey.. this is the lost horror thread .. you expected better reasons? [Big Grin]

[ 26. July 2012, 19:04: Message edited by: Valley ]

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, never caught this one but the 1965 Joan Crawford version is airing on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) Channel this evening. I am gonna record it. Did you see the original and if so, what do you think?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
i know it's a made for tv movie but here in the u.k when it was originally released to vhs by cic/universal it was rated 18.

this is definitely a lost horror valley,never seen it but would like to, trouble is it seems more or less impossible to come about here in the u.k.

that is unless your willing to part with a fair amount of your hard earned,about £30 pounds ($45 - 48 dollars) on amazon uk when i last looked.

great cast with the blob's shawnee smith and the carradine brother's robert & david,plus it's directed by fred walton who made the really fun april fools day make this one i would really like to get my hands on.

-
seems like it has had a dvd release somewhere,not sure where though?

[ 29. July 2012, 10:24: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just wanted to say that i love the horror films of the 70's and 80's. alot of fun going on there, it would be nice if that came back around again
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just look at some of the movie posters on this thread alone, i havent see one poster for a movie in the last ten years that is as good as these
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home