iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Death Valley (1982)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death Valley (1982)
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opinions? Was wondering if it's worth tracking down?

-

A divorced mother, her young son and her new boyfriend set out on a road trip through Death Valley and run afoul of a local serial killer.

Awww, it's Ralphie!
 -

I remember it airing on regular television a few times but I never bothered watching it. What do you guys think?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen it, but Ralphie is always worth a watch.

quote:
and run afoul of a local serial killer.
Hate it when that happens!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie.. "Death Valley" is a hidden gem of a film. Rather unknown 80's thriller/slasher that turns out to be quite creepy. Plus, you gotta love the movie poster/VHS cover with Ralphie's shades showing the reflections of a killer!

I remember that the story had a few twists to it and it was supposedly based on writer Richard Rothstein vacation in Death Valley with family and friends. Like the characters in the movie, Rothstein was supposedly approached by a car on a lonely road in the middle of nowhere and it became the idea for the movie.

Definitely track this film down!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the poster from an old video magazine. Never seen the movie though.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeh go for it ronnie,i've got an old vhs of this and it's a decent little slasher,good cast,it has catherine hicks (childs play) and wilford brimley(cocoon).
the young lad i know is from christmas story (never seen it) and it also has edward hermann,you know the bloke who plays max the head vampire in the lost boys.

i know it's never been given a dvd release,no idea why ,universal pictures obviously doesn't hold it in very high regard.

[ 06. February 2012, 03:41: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh good find Ronnie!!! I love how we're unearthing these under the radar films!! This sounds like it has promise!! Let us know what you think if you do get a copy!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine says that these types of horror films are all about location and pacing. This one has both and a good cast too. I am mystified why this is not on DVD yet. It played all the time on HBO and Cinemax back in the day.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home