iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Naked Fist (1981) aka Firecracker

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Naked Fist (1981) aka Firecracker
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Entertaining, Philipino-shot, Roger Corman-produced actioner starring real-life female
karate champion Jillian Kesner.

Best scene : Jilian is chased on foot by two thugs, and gets her dress torn for various reasons,
eventually ending up bare-breasted but still kicking the bad guys asses !
What a lady !! [Big Grin]
Exploitative, yes.. but actually it's a real funny scene that's very well edited.

Jilian kesner was married to filmmaker Gary Graver, the director of They're Playing With Fire (1984).
Graver was also known as Robert McCallum, under which name he was a very prolific adult-movie director.

Kesner also starred in Raw Force shortly after Naked Fist / Firecracker.

She died in 2007 at age 58, less than 13 months after her husband passed away.

Naked Fist has been released on dvd as Firecracker in the Roger Corman Cult Classics Collection !

Fun trailers in which the movie is promoted as 'the first erotic kung-fu classic'.

As Naked Fist : www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqfe5P4m-s4

As Firecracker : www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnCnniCJC3A

[ 12. January 2012, 05:18: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Looks like a winner to me [Big Grin]
We talked about the Lethal Ladies Collection dvd sometime ago here
I´m counting on my brother that he gets it.

I saw Raw Force back in the 80s and i´ve been hunting the movie for a few years now.
The Finnish vhs tape is pretty rare.
I remember that it´s a classic adventure-zombie horror-action comedy [Cool]

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK,

US dvd-label Code Red has plans to release Raw Force on dvd.
Thus far it has been released in the US on public domain dvd-sets (in low quality).

About everything you can possibly imagine is present in the highly entertaining trailer :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g0jjp3miDU

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news! And it seems that they will release the semi-classic Retribution next summer.

Man, that trailer brought back some great memories [Smile]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
That Firecracker poster artwork makes it look like an adventure movie.
Maybe they deliberately chose it that way because Raiders of the Lost Ark came out the same year.

I was just thinking about what that trailer promised : 'The first erotic kung-fu classic'..
Well, not exactly.. Allthough Naked Fist / Firecracker is actually very light on actual nudity,
it had been done before in the previous decade.
In 1973 Chinese producers The Shaw Brothers released Bamboo House of Dolls, and the next year
Virgins of the Seven Seas was released, a co-production between the Shaw Brothers and Ernst Hoffbauer
(from the softcore German Schulmadchen Report series).
In 1975 they even managed to combine kung-fu with hardcore sex in the x-rated Vixens of Kung-Fu.
So the idea of a kung-fu / sex hybrid wasn't new, but i guess they promoted it that way to
exploit Jillian Kesner's sex-appeal.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home