iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Savage Dawn (1985)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Savage Dawn (1985)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Ooooh yes! This was a fantastic, sleazy action movie directed by Simon Nuchtern.

Aqua Dulce is a small desert town in Texas, filled with crazy people:

The town sheriff (Leo Gordon) is a fun old man who has never shot anyone.
The Deputy Joe Bob (Lewis Van Bergen) is a real lunatic, always looking for a fight.
The Mayor/Reverend (Richard Lynch) is a sleazy fella. No ladies should go to his church.
You can also see all kinds of weird people wandering around.

In the heart of the town there´s a bar called TOMKAT hosted by easy lady called Rachel (Karen Black).

The only decent family living in Aqua Dulce seems to be the Rand family.
Tick (George Kennedy) and his children Katie (Claudia Udy) and Danny (Michael Sharrett).

Enter Stryker (Lance Henriksen), former war buddy with Tick, coming to meet his old pal and his family.

At the same time a crazy motorcycle gang Savages is nearby and soon all hell´s gonna break loose.
Gangleader Pigiron (William Forsythe) is a funny, ultra sleazy dude and the gang is a real crazy and wicked bunch.

Lance ready to rock´n roll.
 -

I loved the cast and enjoyed every second of the film.
Henriksen is ultracool and has at least 10 different ways to kill the gangmembers.

Wendy Barry ( 3:15 The Moment of Truth,) looks great as Lipservice
and don´t miss Elizabeth Kaitan´s brief appearance.

The score composed by Pino Donaggio is decent.

Lots of action, nudity, drinking, fun one-liners, weird behavior
and just when you thought you´ve seen it all, these wackos find tanks!
Pure 80s magic!

Savage Dawn trailer

And yes Johnny, i own this Dutch VHS tape [Cool]

-

[ 26. May 2015, 09:34: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it ! [Big Grin]

Indeed one hell of a throwback to the good old days when some movies actually delivered the
goods of nasty exploitative violence while still being very entertaining at the same time.
Bigger budget actioners in the second half of the 80's really didn't have the same 'edge', but
proved to be more popular to a mainstream audience (for example Lethal Weapon and Die Hard).

I saw Savage Dawn many years ago in a German dubbed version, and currently i have it on dvd from
US company Image-Entertainment, who released it a couple of years ago in a triple disc set which
also included Caged Fury (the Erik Estrada movie, not the Cirio Santiago one) as well as
Drug Traffikers (which is a retitled version of the Italian actioner released in Europe as Thunder
or Thunder Warrior).
Unfortunately the quality is way below dvd standards, and obviously doesn't have the same
charm as that gorgeous Dutch rental tape ! [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, i ´ve heard that the quality is below par on that release.
I would love to see the Thunder flicks again.
The dude who renamed the movie Drug Traffikers must have been under the influence [Big Grin]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had a feeling you'd like savage dawn atomik,really fun low budget action flick with one hell of a cast,richard lynch as the pervy priest definitely has a sinister look about him,remember him as rostov in invasion usa,he was pretty evil in that.

trouble for him was he was up against the chuckster and chucky said to him "hi i'm chucky wanna play,i'll be your friend till the end, hidey-ho!" and then blows him away .

oops wrong chucky.

[ 04. January 2012, 04:48: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home