iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hellhole (1985)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hellhole (1985)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"An unlucky woman's mother is murdered by a scarf-wielding killer named Silk,
leaving the woman injured, traumatised and suffering from amnesia.
She's committed to a mental institution, where Silk follows her,
looking for the papers he was trying to get from her mother.
And Silk's only the beginning of her problems, since the asylum is run by a mad doctor,
performing experiments in chemical lobotomies! (IMDb)

Sounds like a crazy plot? Well it is [Smile]
This is another highly entertaining Cannon Group sleazefest.
Lots of nudity, bad acting, crazy characters, and senseless violence. Gotta love it!

This movie was directed by Pierre De Moro who went from Christmas Mountain (1981)
to Savannah Smiles (1982) to Hellhole (1985) and that was his career [Cool]

Ray Sharkey gives a fun performance as the ultrasleazy Silk.
Judy Landers looks oh so hot wearing her workout shirt and the mental hospital patient outfit.
The movie also stars Richard Cox, Edy Williams, Mary Woronov, Martin Beck
and Robert "Maniac Cop" Z'Dar in his second feature film.

If you happen to like sleazy WIP flicks, get Hellhole. Whatever the cost!

-

[ 24. February 2012, 02:18: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was only thinking of this movie the other day atomik,on one of the threads on here it had a pic of mary woronov and it just made me think of hellhole.
i have the above mgm uk vhs and your right it is the perfect wip flick,daft plot ,the acting's pretty ropey,plus no shortage of nudity.
robert z'dar makes a menacing security guard,ray sharkey is way out there but makes for a fun villian and judy landers(i'm sure she starred in one of the u.s soaps,i'll have to look it up) looks very atractive and plays her part convincing enough.

fun film,if it was to come out on dvd i'd definetly pick up a copy!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
atomik i've just looked up to see what else she starred in ,there's a prison comedy she appeared in called doin time from 1985,i remember seeing it in the vid shop many years back and always liked the look of it but never actually rented it out,i'm sure it was you or it might have been someone else on here that has seen it.

if it was you what was it like?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually have the dutch Hellhole VHS tape but the cover art is pretty much the same.
The first picture is the finnish VHS cover art.
I remember seeing it in one of our local video stores back in the 80s but never since.

I own Doin' Time and it´s fun and crazy prison comedy.
Lots of familiar faces among the cast. Here´s the cover art:

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home